Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!  (Read 85934 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 34: The Final Guardian has been Slain!
« Reply #465 on: December 04, 2014, 10:47:59 pm »

((Edited my post. Thought the Red March was the name of the army group. So, will there be loot in the Red Wastes? Or maybe opportunities to become a champion or paladin of some god?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 04, 2014, 10:49:05 pm »

((My post still stands.))
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 04, 2014, 11:10:58 pm »

((Wait, Skeleton Warrior 2 killed someone before I killed it. Wouldn't that mean I should have gotten more than 2 XP?))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 04, 2014, 11:26:04 pm »

((Wait, Skeleton Warrior 2 killed someone before I killed it. Wouldn't that mean I should have gotten more than 2 XP?))
Ah, thanks for pointing that out. Fixing now.

((Edited my post. Thought the Red March was the name of the army group. So, will there be loot in the Red Wastes? Or maybe opportunities to become a champion or paladin of some god?))
There will definitely be loot, as for the second question that depends on what you do, and the subsequent rolls. I will say that becoming champion, or paladin for a god isn't as easy as becoming a magic user.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 04, 2014, 11:40:13 pm »

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. Fixing now.

There will definitely be loot, as for the second question that depends on what you do, and the subsequent rolls. I will say that becoming champion, or paladin for a god isn't as easy as becoming a magic user.
((Will there be magic? Can I be a spellsword?))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 05, 2014, 12:29:41 am »

((Will there be magic? Can I be a spellsword?))
If Derm would let you then you could borrow the Wilder book and learn magic now otherwise you'd probably have to either find a book on magic somewhere, or buy one from a merchant who deals in magical goods if you can find one. Though keep in mind magic, and divine aid are exclusive so for example the Shield of Blind Faith pendant won't work for Dermonster, or anyone who has a mana pool because it is an enchantment aligned with the gods. There are rare exceptions mostly centered around gods who founded a branch of magic such as Necromancy.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 05, 2014, 12:40:35 am »

Aww.

Give pendant to Jase.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 05, 2014, 01:03:19 am »

((Huh. Seems like we have a good thing going, then. Derm can handle the magic while I deal with the divine stuff. And the other folks in the party can do stuff too.))

Accept and wear pendant.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 35: The Return to Fort Gelden
« Reply #473 on: December 08, 2014, 08:07:20 pm »

Jase Bladeheart
After you've looted some gear from the Knight you offer a prayer to the Goddess, and suddenly the chamber begins to glow with a bright blue light from somewhere. It takes you a bit to realize that the light is coming from the longsword you recovered off of the skeletal knight, drawing it you feel a sense of  ... rightness from the blade. Its almost as if the blade was a natural part of the world at odds with the foul spawn you pulled it off of.

Chronus
Taking the book of essays off of David's corpse you flip to the recent essay he had started on the effective combat methods for fighting skeletal foes, and begin to flesh it out with your observations. You note the key advantage that their lack of flesh provides, a solid strike to any of the bones was sure to shatter them and render it harmless to the even slightly competent fighter.

Chronus, and Jase
The two of you spend a short while gathering together what loot you can find before beginning the difficult task of hauling your spoils, and the corpses of your fallen comrades back to Fort Gelden. The trip back is long, and exhausting, the sheer amount of work required to move so much between two people nearly causes both of you to collapse from exhaustion several times, but somehow you preserver. When you arrive at Fort Gelden its much as you had left it, the time-worn walls giving you a sense of safety despite the events you'd just experienced mere days before. Searching the area to ensure its clear of any possible threats the pair of you stumble upon a squat stone building hidden in the shadow of the keep, and curious of its purpose the two of you investigate it.

The structure turns out to be an entrance with a circular stairwell within, heading down the stairs you come out into a complex of catacombs all of which appear to be entirely empty strangely enough. Unsure of whether their previous occupants got up and left, or if they might have been empty to begin with all you know is that at least now you have a place to lay your fallen comrades to rest ...

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)

------

Now that you have returned to Fort Gelden a second time the party has unlocked it as their base of operations, starting out its little more then a place to store goods, for your group to lay any fallen comrades to rest in the catacombs below, and to have a safe place to rest should you ever draw the ire of some greater foe then you've faced up till now. You won't know any of the upgrades available to you until you get the essay Froggy Ninja wrote checked by an engineer, but it does have some basic uses at the moment.

Its main use right now is that it allows access to Mercenaries, and Companions.

The mercenary system allows your party to recruit one or more of the waitlist players to help you on missions, the waitlist player involved is the one who decides what they will or will not take to help the party, but you must give a minimum of 10 Gold or one item to them. If a mercenary dies while helping the players they are dead for good, and will have to create another waitlist character if they want to play again.

The Companion system is similar to the Mercenary system except it uses NPCs, and their is no explicit need to pay them anything though some might require pay of some form. Companions will be NPCs who the players befriend enough to agree to join them on their insane quests against the dark forces preying on the Kingdom of Eldast.

Spoiler: Ruins of Fort Gelden (click to show/hide)

Anyway i'll PM the next four on the waitlist now, and check to make sure they all still want in.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 35: The Return to Fort Gelden
« Reply #474 on: December 08, 2014, 09:22:06 pm »

Take a skin of oil and flint and steel from the loot pile, and see if Chronus will let me borrow a rag. Soak the rag in oil and wrap it around the head of my spear, then light it.

((Hope this works so I can have it for my Practiced Maintenance trait.))
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 07:07:17 pm by Beirus »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 09, 2014, 12:10:06 am »

Neat. My Our own little crypt.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 09, 2014, 05:46:23 am »

I'm in if you will have me
but I will need some of that platemail armor
EDIT
Name: Mark Juno

Past Profession: Guardsman

Trait: Sure strikes
here is my old application so you dont have to go hunting
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 08:50:09 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 12, 2014, 11:04:11 am »

bumping cuz this is cool
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero
« Reply #478 on: December 12, 2014, 11:49:06 am »

Name: Zein

Past Profession: Blacksmith

Trait: Ambidextrous

Who knows who will die next? Copied my application just in case.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 12, 2014, 12:49:54 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 55