Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!  (Read 85926 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 33: Dangers of Adventuring
« Reply #450 on: November 30, 2014, 04:13:26 pm »

Also, I just realized this encounter narrowed our party down to a warrior, mage, and rogue. We have the Trinity!  :P
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 01, 2014, 01:22:43 pm »

((Are we dead or just almost dead?))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 01, 2014, 02:17:17 pm »

((Are we dead or just almost dead?))
You and sinvarra's current characters are dead for good since no one in your party has a revival spell.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 01, 2014, 02:21:30 pm »

I'll find you a good resting place. In the basement.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 01, 2014, 02:38:05 pm »

Those skeletons might have come from caskets somewhere. We could use those. Also, don't forget to grab David's book with the notes about renovating the fort so we can establish a base.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 01, 2014, 02:40:07 pm »

Well if it's on the body it's coming with the body.

I'm taking the bodies.

I'm a necromancer.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:50:56 pm by Dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 03, 2014, 06:05:54 pm »

Ssg wanted me to take his action via irc so here it is, I'll try to get access to a computer this weekend and get an update done.

(SomeStupidGuy) Alright, I suppose I'll just fire on the skeletal knight and try to draw its attention, so that someone else can get a hit on it while it's distracted, since I don't really expect my arrows to do too horribly much.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 34: The Final Guardian has been Slain!
« Reply #457 on: December 04, 2014, 06:20:30 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative List (click to show/hide)

Trevor Abbot
You fire off arrows at the hulking knight before you with a hurried manner trying to draw its attention towards you so that your allies can finish it while you act as a distraction. Your shots prove effective at garnering the thing's attention as one zips past its head, and the Knight quickly catches the last one on his shield before it could cause any harm.

Skeletal Knight
Charging forward with a grace that one wouldn't expect from a skeleton powered suit of armor the Knight closes on Trevor in moments, and continues its reign of terror with horrifying eagerness. Sweeping the sword forward in a two-handed grip the Knight severs Trevor's bow arm above the elbow before sweeping the blade seamlessly through the poacher's neck silencing any cries of pain he might have uttered as Trevor's head topples from his body.

Trevor Abbot was struck down by a Skeletal Knight

Jase Bladeheart
Using the opening Trevor bought you with his life you charge the Knight from behind, and slam the point into the the center of the Knight's back where its well honed point cuts through with the aged plate mail with ease. With a grunt you kick the Knight off your spear sending him stumbling forward into Chronus' path.

Chronus
Taking advantage of the Knight's momentary weakness you begin to hack at the skeleton's neck repeatedly denting what little armor there is in the way until finally you hear a sharp crack. Its head now removed from the spine the Knight collapses forward, unmoving ...

+5 XP to Chronus for slaying an enemy that has achieved mini-boss status.

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aeryn Vutran, Sinvara (click to show/hide)

-----

Spoiler: Skeletal Knight (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skeletal Archer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skeletal Warrior 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skeletal Warrior 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skeletal Warrior 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skeletal Warrior 4 (click to show/hide)

-----

-----

This was never meant to be as lethal as its turned out to be, I don't know if I messed up the balance horrifically for this dungeon, if letting you guys continue with only five people in the party lead to this, if luck was just not on your guys' sides, or some combination of all those. :\
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:27:32 pm by adwarf »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 34: The Final Guardian has been Slain!
« Reply #459 on: December 04, 2014, 06:37:29 pm »

((Are there more of these guys, or could we press on to the end?))

"That sucked. I still fucking hate skeletons. We should probably get out of here."
Dibs on the Longsword. Also maybe get the shield to see if we can find someone who knows the heraldry to find out more before we come back. And one more prayer to the Goddess, to see if we got her attention. Also help get the bodies back to the fort and help carry the loot.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 09:36:37 pm by Beirus »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 04, 2014, 06:40:28 pm »

You still have the boss room remaining, and these skeletons are the only ones you can see in the room. To discover if there are any more mooks before the boss you'd have to press on deeper into the dungeon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 04, 2014, 06:49:54 pm »

"Agreed. Gather the bodies, we'll put them back at Gelden. Gather all the loot you can carry, we'll have to find some more people to finish this."

Grab rusted platemail, and replace my chainmail with it. Grab Trevors pendant, potion, lockpick kit and the femur, alongside Davids unfinished book. Attempt to complete skeleton essay. Gather all the weapons and armor of the knights as well, and bring all of the bodies to Fort Gelden.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 06:55:58 pm by Dermonster »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 04, 2014, 09:38:17 pm »

((Hey, so why didn't I get any partial XP for the mini boss? I thought I got a decent hit in.))

"I should probably mention this now. The army will be passing through town soon on the way to the Red Wastes, so we might be able to enlist. Although if we do, I don't know if we'll get another shot at this tomb."
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 10:45:59 pm by Beirus »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 04, 2014, 09:54:12 pm »

"Is it? Where did you hear about that? Anyway I thought we were going for the 'adventuring hero group' thing? Well, before a full two thirds of our party bit the big one, anyway. I think... yes there's still the report about the fort here for the future and everything."

(I don't know / forgot what the red march is.)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 04, 2014, 10:13:26 pm »

((Hey, so why didn't I get any partial XP for the mini boss? I thought I got a decent hit in.))
Partial experience is only for bosses, mini-bosses are just mooks who manage to kill one or more players thus giving the player who kills them enough xp for a boss.

(I don't know / forgot what the red march is.)
I think Berius is referring to his encounter with the mayor's daughter before you guys came here where she mentioned an army would be passing through heading to the Red Wastes. They would be looking to hire adventurers, and mercenaries for some campaign in the Red Wastes which is a territory in the east of the kingdom you're in (the Kingdom of Eldast) where goblins, orks, the remainder of undead armies, and more plague the lands trying to fight their way into the lesser protected heart of the kingdom. Basically you guys will act kind of like mercenaries for the army and assist in attacks, and the defense of the Red Waste in general.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 55