Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!  (Read 85901 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 18: Murder is okay when you're a hero right?
« Reply #285 on: June 06, 2014, 04:23:35 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative List (click to show/hide)

Lucy Verim
You manage a quick reload before pulling the crossbow up to sight in your target, the bandit archer, you pull the trigger and the bolt looses in the archer's direction. However you can tell right from the start its a miss and the bolt buries itself in the dirt a few feet back behind the archer leaving him completely unharmed by your attack.

Jase Bladeheart
You charge the archer with your spear clasped in both hands as you drive it forward straight through the bandit's left arm severing it completely at the elbow as the man screams in pain for a few seconds. He faints shortly afterwards leaving you to face down the last of the bandits that remains, though from the looks of it this fight won't last much longer.

+2 XP, +1 XP to Trevor

Bandit Swordsman 3
The bandit drops dead from blood loss ...

+2 XP to Chronus

David
You think of healing yourself, but quickly realize you don't have anything to heal with and without anything like a health poultice you won't be healing up until you get back to the village once this quest is done.

Chronus
With the battle over you step back and observe the carnage, and begin to reflect on the actions taken in the battle as you record your notes and findings into your book in the hopes of gleaming some bonus against such foes in the next battle. Sadly you find the data isn't quite enough as you only get it half-finished with the current amount of info you have at hand at the moment, perhaps another fight will help you finish the notes.

The Entire Group
You look around the courtyard at the fallen bandits, so far things were going alright but with smoke still rising from the Keep's chimney you can still tell there is yet more fighting to come up ahead. Aside from looting the corpses the wall's tower has yet to be searched, and of course there's the possibility of richer loot within the keep itself since you all doubt the bandits would keep the good loot out here ...

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Level Up Options (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lucy Verim, Lyeos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clair Gemini, scapheap (click to show/hide)

-----

Spoiler: Bandit Swordsman 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bandit Archer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bandit Crossbowman (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bandit Swordsman 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bandit Swordsman 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bandit Axeman (click to show/hide)

----

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

Head down, use the weak health poultice once on David and once on Trevor. Reload, wait until the others decide, also see if I can collect some of the bolts I used.
Take a closer look at this text!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Make a quick search of the courtyard for water. Let's make health potions! Also pick up a shield, needs me some defending.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Clair eyes the furs before focusing on more important things.
head toward the wall's tower
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Take "Practiced Maintenance"

Use the whetstone on my spear before we get into another fight and maybe look around for interesting stuff.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 08:06:54 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile

Get off my ass and follow the group.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile

Retrieve my arrows and nab the bandit archer's quiver before we get into another fight.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 19: Looting and crafting all around
« Reply #292 on: June 08, 2014, 07:56:04 pm »

Lucy Verim
You first head over to Trevor and let him drink half of your health poultice before making your way down to the courtyard where you give David the other half bringing some color back into his face, you might all make it out of this alive at this rate. Once that's done you start salvaging the bolts you used in the fight, and quickly manage to find the three you fired off in the fight which you promptly put in your quiver for later use.

Chronus
With the fighting done you set about finding a source of water so that you can start making health poultices, on the way you pick up one of the shields from the dead bandits before continuing your search. You quickly find what you're looking for in the form of a broken down well on hidden in the shadow of the tower, the top has long since fallen apart and the only way to fetch water up is by lowering the bucket down into the well and pulling it up unaided by any sort of pulley. Once you've hauled a bucket of water up from the well you set to your work pulling your ingredient bags out and withdrawing the vials and herbs contained within before grinding up the herbs themselves. After a few minutes of work you pour the herbs into two vials, pour in water to fill them to the brim, and then stopper them to prevent the liquid spilling out from within, these should be of use.

+2 Weak Health Poultices, - 2 Bags of Ingredients, +1 XP for Successfully Crafting, Sturdy Round Shield obtained

Clair Gemini
You make your way towards the wall tower, and enter through the door which appears to be newly made from crude planks, inside you're met by a small room that smells of freshly cooked meat, sweat, and all forms of booze. The center of the room is dominated by a worn round table covered with the remains of meal, empty tankards, half-full wine-skins, and much more which leads you to the conclusion that you caught the bandits in the middle of a celebration over a new score. To your left you see a staircase that spirals up along the wall to the next floor, and to your right you see a few casks of what you assume to be ale propped against the wall, do you search the room or make your way up to the next floor?

Jase Bladeheart
Drawing your whetstone you set about honing the blade of your spear to the finest sharpness you can manage, it takes a few minutes but by the time you're finished with your work you're sure the blade could cut through steel.

Basic Item Effect Razor Sharp Discovered

Trevor Abbot
You hastily make your way down from the tower to recover the arrows you spent in the fight though you stop at the lookout you killed long enough to pull the arrows from his corpse before continuing on your way. You find your arrows with ease before heading over to the bandit archer and taking the arrows from his quiver, the man's dead and he surely won't miss them in whatever hell he comes to rot in that's for sure.

+4 Small Game Arrows, +14 Iron-Tipped Arrows

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lucy Verim, Lyeos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clair Gemini, scapheap (click to show/hide)

-----

Spoiler: Bandit Swordsman 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bandit Archer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bandit Crossbowman (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bandit Swordsman 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bandit Swordsman 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bandit Axeman (click to show/hide)

----

« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 08:14:33 pm by adwarf »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 19: Looting and crafting all around
« Reply #293 on: June 08, 2014, 08:03:01 pm »

Drink some potion, man. Head further into the keep, sneaky like.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 08, 2014, 08:04:50 pm »

((Any chance a list of the basic item effects I can add to things could be added to my character sheet as I find them? I hate to put more work on you, but I'll probably lose track if I do it myself.))

Listen for any noises coming from the keep, to see if the bandits are mounting a counter-attack.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 08, 2014, 08:06:14 pm »

Check if it's possible to make it from the top of one tower to the top of the next. If so, go that way. If not, stick with Jase.
Take a closer look at this text!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 08, 2014, 08:07:22 pm »

"Mind if I barrow that?"
Barrow Lucy's Beginner's Guide to Herbalism and read it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 08:12:54 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 08, 2014, 08:08:09 pm »

I don't have a healing guide. That one observe roll failed.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 09, 2014, 02:58:05 am »

Move a floor up
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 10, 2014, 03:35:17 pm »

Scout ahead. Nice and slowly, don't want to alert the bandits after all.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 55