Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!  (Read 85888 times)

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 11: Ruins are too quiet
« Reply #225 on: May 26, 2014, 12:28:51 pm »

Scout out the areas ahead.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 12: Drunkards make for poor lookouts
« Reply #226 on: May 26, 2014, 05:23:35 pm »

Chronus
As you look at the fort from your position in the forest you notice something moving at the top of the outer tower, and after a few moments you make out a man drinking from something, sitting in a chair partially hid by the ragged edge of the tower where the top was destroyed, and a weapon of some sort on the table. You turn and tell the others about this while Trevor sneaks off into the bushes low against the ground.

Trevor Abbot
Deciding that it'd be best if someone got a closer look you crouched low to the ground, and began to make your way towards the fortress weaving from bush to tree, and any other piece of cover between. The lookout you heard Chronus tell the others about is completely oblivious of your approach, and soon enough you reach the outer face of the wall with the sound of laughter and conversation coming from inside you manage to make out some of what the men inside the tower are saying.

"...shouldn't be to long before Carl and Vintus return, maybe the ..."
"I can't believe Valmar put us ... you'd figure he'd give those of us who had guard duty the ... break."
"Shut the hell up Faris, if the Redfang hears you .. and chop of your hands to while he's at it."

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lucy Verim, Lyeos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clair Gemini, scapheap (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 12: Drunkards make for poor lookouts
« Reply #227 on: May 26, 2014, 05:33:57 pm »

Ya'll should climb that wall and take them out sneaky like.

Observe their patterns. Relay details to the team to increase chances of successful stealthy action.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 05:43:01 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 26, 2014, 05:41:13 pm »

Lucy takes this time to present Chronus with the book he asked to borrow earlier.

After giving him the book, she scans for a half-decent place to hide.
Take a closer look at this text!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 26, 2014, 06:30:08 pm »

((You're the one with the rope, Derm. Besides, the dice seem to like you so you'll probably be fine if you climb up there.  :P))

Jase stays in the cover of the trees or wall or wherever we are at this point, watching to see if there are any patrols along the wall.

((Also, I have a bad feeling about trying to climb this wall. Like a "you will fall from near the top of the wall and go splat" feeling.))
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 07:44:23 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 26, 2014, 06:38:23 pm »

((Well, half the team is doing variants of 'nothing' at the moment.))
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 26, 2014, 06:47:30 pm »

((Well, half the team is doing variants of 'nothing' at the moment.))
((It's not like we can just walk in the conveniently unguarded front door.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 26, 2014, 06:51:03 pm »

((Query to GM, Did I observe a conveniently unguarded front door?))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 26, 2014, 06:53:23 pm »

((Query to GM, Did I observe a conveniently unguarded front door?))
Yeah, you all saw from the base description no one at the front gate, and a section of wall further up that's simply collapse. Your further investigations spotted the one lookout on a tower who appears to be drunk, and no one at the gate or the whole in the wall.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 26, 2014, 07:13:39 pm »

((I 'unno, I like Derm's plan.
Admittedly though, with a bow and a bonus to sneaking, I'm in the best position for Operation Go-All-Solid-Snake-On-'em. :v))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 26, 2014, 07:15:47 pm »

((I'll lend you my rope.))

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 26, 2014, 07:27:51 pm »

((Sounds like a plan. I rappel up the wall, murder everyone from inside the place, then Derm writes about the effects of arrows on bandit faces and finally, everyone else collects the arrows.
It's FOOLPROOF.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 27, 2014, 04:46:25 am »

Clair wait for now
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 27, 2014, 07:40:26 am »

David waits and sees how this break-in plays out.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 13: Poachers are the Solid Snake of Fantasy
« Reply #239 on: May 27, 2014, 03:08:02 pm »

Chronus
Your attempts to discern an understandable pattern from the lookout fails horrifically as you assume the man's drunkenness makes him quite unpredictable. Of course it doesn't make much of a difference since as you turn to tell the others about your findings they're all simply standing around, or attempting to find a hiding spot in the woods while Trevor goes ahead to do all the work.

Trevor Abbot
With the others hanging back to apparently do nothing you turn to the wall in front of you as an idea comes to mind, without a moment's hesitation you reach out and grab onto some of the loose stones to use as handholds as you pull yourself up the wall. It takes a few minutes, but you finally reach the top of the curtain wall with the top of the tower only a dozen or so feet about your head which you easily surmount pulling yourself up over the lip after a mere few seconds clambering up the side.

You find the lookout sitting in a chair humming a song with several empty wineskins, and a few tankards scattered about him, on the table to his left lies a loaded crossbow with a small quiver of bolts hanging from the back of the chair. Silent as a shadow you draw your bow from its sheath, and bring an arrow to the string, moving slightly closer you move in a blur as two light thrums sing through the night signalling the two arrows that left your bow. The first takes the lookout in the shoulder sending him forward far enough for the second to take him through the throat, silencing him before he could even make a sound.

+2 XP, -2 Iron-Tipped Arrows

The Rest of the Group
You watch as the lookout Chronus pointed out pitches forward with two shadows sticking from its back before another person moves forward to ensure the man is dead, from this distance you can't quite tell but Chronus believes its Trevor. The lookout is dead, and the coast is clear for you to proceed ...

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lucy Verim, Lyeos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clair Gemini, scapheap (click to show/hide)

-----

Spoiler: Bandit Crossbowman (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 55