Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!  (Read 85845 times)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 9: First Quest Finished, Shopping Time!
« Reply #165 on: May 22, 2014, 09:58:01 am »

Purchase chainmail vest, weak health poultice, beginner's guide to herbalism. Get frustrated due to poor communication due to being mute.
Take a closer look at this text!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 22, 2014, 01:00:58 pm »

"Excuse me, blacksmith, is there any chance you'd have any helmets lying around? I took a rather bad wound to the head on my last outing, and I'd like to prevent it from happening again."
A helmet wouldn't have helped you, a critical headshot will always cause intense bleeding regardless of whether or not you have a helmet on.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 22, 2014, 01:26:09 pm »

((Well then, guess I'll go with the shield.))

Buy an Oaken Round Shield, a Whetstone, and Rough Bandages. That should use all of my 30 gold.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2014, 02:34:08 pm »

Buy a Blank Book, Scribing Tools, and a Mortar & Pestal.
Once again I'd like you to bold your actions please, it makes it a lot easier on me when I can just skim to find actions instead of having to read everything.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2014, 02:45:10 pm »

Sell 10 of my small game arrows. Buy 5 iron-tipped arrows, flint & steel, a skin of oil, a weak health poultice and a basic lockpicking kit.

And I'll take Stealthy.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 9.1
« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2014, 03:34:40 pm »

Clair Gemini
You head to the blacksmith's first thing and spend most of your gold on the purchasing of an shield, and chainmail vest to help you survive that much longer in combat. With those purchases done you start to wander around considering what to do next ...

Gained Chainmail Vest and Oaken Round Shield. Lost 40 Gold.

Ethereal
You first head to Samus' General Goods to pick up a blank book, and some scribing tools, though what use an archer would have for those when another in the party has already taken that role you're not quite sure. With that done you head over to the apothecary, and purchase a Mortar & Pestle for use at a later date, however as you leave the apothecary you bump into Chronus who asks you if you bought those items for him.

Gained Blank Book, Scribing Tools, and a Mortar & Pestle. Lost 50 Gold

Chronus
You take the pile of rusted junk to the blacksmith's, throw it down in a pile before him, and ask what the man would take for all of it in its rusted and cracked glory. The smith gives it a decent look over before pulling out eighteen gold, and tossing it onto the counter, you accept the small pile of coins and head back out only to immediately run into the archer Ethereal with his arms clutching a book, writing utensils and a mortar & pestle. Confused you ask him,

Oh, did you buy those for me Ethereal?

Gained 18 Gold

Lucy Verim
You head through the stores purchasing a chainmail vest, a Beginner's Guide to herbalism, and a weak health poultice.

Gained Chainmail Vest, Beginner's Guide to Herbalism, and a Weak Health Poultice. Lost 50 Gold

Jase Bladeheart
You head over to the smithy where you purchase a shield, after which you head over to the general goods where you purchase a fine whetstone to sharpen the point of your spear with. Finally you make your way to the apothecary, picking your way around Chronus and Ethereal who seem to be talking in the middle of the road, to purchase a rough bandage from the elderly woman who owns the store.

Gained an Oaken Round Shield, a Whetstone, and a Rough Bandage. Lost 30 Gold.

Trevor Abbot
Your first stop is the blacksmith where you manage to sell ten of your small game arrows for ten gold before buying five of the better iron-tipped arrows to restore your quiver to somewhat full capacity. After that you head over to the apothecary and buy a weak health poultice. Finally you head to the General Goods where you buy a lockpicking kit, a skin of oil, and a flint & steel all to better cause mindless havoc no doubt.

Gained 10 Gold, 5 Iron-Tipped Arrows, a Basic Lockpicking Kit, a Skin of Oil, a Flint & Steel, and a Weak Health Poultice. Lost 60 Gold, and 10 Small Game Arrows.

Quote from: Delmar's Smithy
Iron Longsword [Atk: 4, Atk. Speed: 2, Melee, Two-Hander Cost: 40 Gold]
Light Dirk [Atk: 3, Atk. Speed: 1, Melee, Throwing Weapon, Cost: 20 Gold]
Iron Shortsword [Atk: 3, Atk. Speed: 2, Melee, Cost: 30 Gold]

Oaken Round Shield [Block Chance: 20%, Cost: 15 Gold]

Chainmail Vest [Armor: 1, Cost: 25 Gold]

Iron-Tipped Arrows [Atk: 3, Cost: 5 Gold]
Small Game Arrow [Atk: 2, Cost: 3 Gold]

(Ethereal Only) 6 Dead's Bane Arrows [Atk: 2, Undead Bane, Cost: 50 Gold]

Quote from: Three Herb Apothecary
Weak Health Poultice [Heals 4 HP, Cost: 10 Gold]
Spider's Bane Herb [Cures Poison, Cost: 8 Gold]
Herbal Bandages [Cures Intense Bleeding, Cost: 10 Gold]
Rough Bandages [Cures Minor Bleeding, Cost: 5 Gold]

Mortar & Pestle [Allows the making of Potions and Poultices, Cost: 20 Gold]
Bag of Ingredients [Used to make potions, Cost: 5 Gold per Bag]
Beginner's Guide to Herbalism [Used to learn potion recipes, Cost: 15 Gold]

Quote from: Samus' General Goods
Torch [When lit provides light for ten turns, Cost: 5 Gold]
Basic Lockpicking Kit [Provides no bonuses but allows for picking of locks, Cost: 15 Gold]
Length of Rope [Allows the process of not falling to your death, Cost: 10 Gold]
Blank Book [Contains 20 Blank Pages, Cost: 15 Gold]
Scribing Tools [+1 bonus to stuff like recording observations, writing scrolls, etc., Cost: 15 Gold]
Flint & Steel [Allow lighting of fires, Cost: 5 Gold]
Skin of Oil [A wineskin filled with oil, Cost: 5 Gold]
Rag [Can be tied to things, Cost: 2 Gold]
Whetstone [Used to sharpen weapons, Cost: 10]

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lucy Verim, Lyeos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clair Gemini, scapheap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ethereal (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 03:39:07 pm by adwarf »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2014, 03:49:15 pm »

((So will my weapon get dulled over time and the whetstone will repair it, or is the whetstone used to preemptively sharpen the weapon to get a bonus to hit or damage? Also, Derm, once you get a handle on the necromancy thing, do you think Chronus could show Jase how to cast those darkness spears, or maybe put a necrotic aura on the blade/point/hurty bit of his weapon? I'm hoping to make Jase more of a Magic Knight than a pure Warrior if he survives that long.))

Work on blocking, dodging, and using Jase's spear more effectively if we have some time before the next quest.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2014, 03:51:04 pm »

((I'm planning on keeping it a secret as long as damn possible mate. Necromancy, I'm thinking, isn't looked too kindly upon.))
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Briehn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 22, 2014, 03:51:43 pm »

"Sorry, these are for my own uses. No worries, I won't be taking over your spot on the team."

Sell my Stone Arrows and Leather Quiver
Try to get more than I should actually be getting.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 22, 2014, 03:55:08 pm »

"Sorry, these are for my own uses. No worries, I won't be taking over your spot on the team."

Is someone multi-accounting here? I wasn't talking to you.

GM! I believe that Briehn is Ethereal in disguise!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 03:57:30 pm by Dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 22, 2014, 03:57:31 pm »

This looks super fun. Could I waitlist if at all possible?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 22, 2014, 03:59:49 pm »

"Sorry, these are for my own uses. No worries, I won't be taking over your spot on the team.

.... I've been lenient up to this point because I wasn't sure, but having two accounts is (I do believe) against the forums rules, even if it isn't using two of them to both have a character in the game and have a waitlist slot further up annoys me to no end. Ethereal you are kicked out of the game, and your alt account Briehn is off the waitlist, both accounts are also banned from the game.

Is someone multi-accounting here? I wasn't talking to you.

GM! I believe that Briehn is Ethereal in disguise!
I kind of figured it up to this point, but wasn't completely sure. Now I am.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2014, 04:02:44 pm »

.... I've been lenient up to this point because I wasn't sure, but having two accounts is (I do believe) against the forums rules, even if it isn't using two of them to both have a character in the game and have a waitlist slot further up annoys me to no end. Ethereal you are kicked out of the game, and your alt account Briehn is off the waitlist, both accounts are also banned from the game.

I call the stuff he bought.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 22, 2014, 04:03:29 pm »

I call the stuff he bought.
*shrug* Why not :v

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 22, 2014, 04:13:55 pm »

Speaking of, I will purchase Two torches, a flint and steel, a rope, two skins of oil, three rags (Molotooooolves!), two bags of ingredients and see if I can't get a collapsible 10 foot rod.

Hey Lucy, can I get a look at that herbalism book? Ethreal seems to have just up and vanished, leaving all his gear behind.

Study herbalism book if yes. If no, sneak off, cover necromancy books cover with the rag, and study that.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 55