Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!  (Read 85823 times)

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile

Trevor looks over the broken bits of the necromancer, eventually pocketing one of its femurs as a somewhat morbid souvenir. He also makes sure to grab whatever arrows of his survived.
"Well, I'm satisfied."
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't die antclimactically. Maybe wake up and look for loot if I can.

((I hope I make it back to a healer.))
((Dun' worry, after I look for loot I'll have Lucy carry you.))
((Thanks. Although I'm apparently the worst Melee fighter in the group. I managed to stab one skeleton, then got my skull cracked open. I need to invest in a helmet.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Briehn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

nothing.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:17:52 pm by Briehn »

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can't I get Bonus exp for unbalancing the Necromancer?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I beat the hell out of him with his own staff.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope. SomeStupidGuy got it for the finishing blow, and Dermonster got it because he stole the necromancer's staff which removed both his reanimation spell and his life leech spell making the fight significantly easier.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope. SomeStupidGuy got it for the finishing blow, and Dermonster got it because he stole the necromancer's staff which removed both his reanimation spell and his life leech spell making the fight significantly easier.

Bias!!!1!!!!111!!!

If the robe is still existent, equip it. If not, try and forge some arrows with the bones of the necromancer
. If there are no bones, find the supposedly lost child.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:25:54 pm by Ethereal »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

So wizards store their spells in their staves?
Pathfinder. DnD (I think). Elder Scrolls games. It wasn't "all" of his spells. Just some.

Bias!!!1!!!!111!!!

If the robe is still existent, equip it. If not, try and forge some arrows with the bones of the necromancer

It isn't. I had to change my action because I was gonna take the robe.
Take a closer look at this text!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also have the bonus xp trait. was that taken into account?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

Wait, bonus XP for kill stealing finishing blows? I know what I'm doing from now on~!
Take a closer look at this text!

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, bonus XP for kill stealing finishing blows? I know what I'm doing from now on~!

Kill stealing!!!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With the flame's the robe also disappears into the shadows around you but the staff remains solid in the hands of the Scholar Chronus.

So wizards store their spells in their staves?
Nah, if you notice the staff Dermonster has acts as a catalyst, some spells require a catalyst to function and without the catalyst for the power to focus through they won't work. Since the staff was the catalyst and those two spells required one he could simply no longer gather the power to cast them without the staff to use as a focus.

I also have the bonus xp trait. was that taken into account?
It was not, it only works when 25% of the XP is at least 1 or greater for the sake of my sanity, and even then the decimals worth of XP aren't counted. I don't want to have to keep track of adding onto your 9.5544268775 XP + 0.255828 XP or some crazy thing like that.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You better start handing out more xp then. I'm supposed to be at least 1/4th ahead of everyone else at all times dammit.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You better start handing out more xp then. I'm supposed to be at least 1/4th ahead of everyone else at all times dammit.
You're pretty much ahead of everyone, but SSG who is just apparently more overpowered than you at the moment.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can wizards have a catalyst that isn't a staff? Like a crystal or gem?
Catalysts can be pretty much anything so long they're made out of certain gems/metals, or if a mage/sorcerer/whatever has enough skill and magical power they can enchant something to act as one.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 55