Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Zombie Game I: The Dead Walk  (Read 1668 times)

Solarflare

• Bay Watcher
  • Solar of Universes!
    • View Profile
The Zombie Game I: The Dead Walk
« on: May 18, 2014, 01:18:33 pm »

Based off my friends version.

Human
Human
Human
Miller-Knows who the other miller is.
Miller

Seer-Can see a Users color
Necromancer-Can Revive Someone
Disguised Zombie-Actually a Zombie, Showing up  Blue
Guardian-Can protect someone every night from a zombie attack

Brutal Zombie-Kills Someone when they are lynched
Zombie- Normal Zombie
Mason-Shows up red but is actually human

This game is simple. 12 people sign up, and I assign each of them roles. People vote for someone to lynch everyday. A day ends when everyone who is alive has voted. The person with the most votes is eliminated. Vote by writing LYNCH: *user*. After the Day, the Seer, Necromancer and Protector can use their powers. Also, more importantly, the Zombies get to kill someone. They discuss among themselves, who to kill? You could kill anyone that's not a Zombie. The MVP gets a big prize. And, of course, here's how you win. The humans win if all 3 Zombies are dead. The Zombies win if they have the same number of players as the human (or more). Sign ups start... now!
AND PLEASE DO NOT TELL ANYONE WHO YOU ARE. IF YOU ARE A ZOMBIE, I WILL TELL YOU THE OTHER ZOMBIES. ONLY BLUES CAN TELL PEOPLE WHO THEY ARE. BUT BY PM ONLY.

NO EDITING POSTS. IF YOU SAY YOU ARE, FOR EXAMPLE, A NECROMANCER, THEN TOO BAD.
oOH! HEHE!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Zombie Game I: The Dead Walk
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 01:19:45 pm »

-snip-
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 01:20:38 pm »

Concurr'd.

e: And there it goes.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 03:01:08 pm »

Welcome to the subforum, Solarflare.  Always good to see more people here.

I'm sorry, but I cannot see this game filling up.  We tend to be a bit uneasy joining games run by people we don't recognize, for various reasons.  Meph, a while back, explained part of the reasons quite well:

The reason we ask people to participate in one of our games before running a game are twofold. First, while you may have extensive experience with Mafia on other forums not all places run Mafia in the same way. You may be making different assumptions than your players, and that can cause problems. Playing in a Beginner's mafia here is an introduction to how we play Mafia as much as an introduction to Mafia. Different people will get different things out of it.

Second, it's simply a fact that people are reluctant to play games by mods they don't know. [...] Playing in some games will let people get to know you and be able to decide if they'd be interested in playing one of your games.
Regarding your setup, the inspection power in this setup (essentially a more powerful alignment cop that can tell whether townies it inspects have powers or not) is an interesting one, and not one I've ever seen before.
EDIT: Aside from that, it's hard for me to evaluate the game.  The rules are rather unclear (can players claim their roles in the thread?  Are PMs allowed generally, or only by blues?  Is the Necromancer's power a one-shot?  etc.).

Anyway, whatever reception this game gets, I hope you stay here and play.  We're always happy to see new arrivals.

I recommend trying something like the current Beginner's Mafia (XLVII).  We try to make them good introductions to the local playstyle, and we need one more player.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 03:58:20 pm by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr (PARTIALLY NSFW)
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 03:48:50 pm »

I'm waiting for a setup analysis and answers to the questions JAT posed before inning, but I am interested.
[21:23:48] <GhostFrog> bdsm is always more fun with a restraining order
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.

Mafia Dossier: MafiaScum Wiki - tn5421