Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 62

Author Topic: Bizarre Magical Items  (Read 84741 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre Magical Items
« Reply #825 on: May 26, 2018, 07:14:13 am »

Lycanthropic Potion: A browned bottle, with a glowing gold fluid within. The bottle can't be uncorked, nor shattered, by seemingly any means.
In truth, the potion within the bottle is Lycanthropic - during nights of the full moon, the liquid becomes a Werewolf. It's such a small and weak one that it can't escape it's bottle before the night ends and it reverts back into a potion again, though.
That would be quite the conversation starter, I feel like I need one.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 26, 2018, 07:24:45 am »

Feathered Cane: A fleshy cane sprouting dull, light brown feathers. It leaves a trail of loose feathers wherever it goes and squawks when hitting something.

Lemming's Teeth: A collection of thirty tiny teeth. Whenever one is taken away by someone or something, the others will stop at nothing to follow it.

Dart of Chance: A mundane looking throwing dart. When it is thrown, upon hitting its intended target it will blink to a random location on the target.

Unhittable Target: A large archery target made out of straw, painted red and white. It is enchanted in such a way that a projectile or melee swing can never hit it.

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 26, 2018, 04:00:18 pm »

Fiendship Bracelet
Certifies the wearer as a part of a fiendship, a powerful ritual curse that binds a fiend and the wearer together, slowly corrupting the wearer but giving them access to the aid of the fiend wearing the matching other one. Also tends to lead to lots of evil hugs.

Giant Salad Fork
Looks like a pitchfork and has an attack and damage bonus vs. plants. Any plant injured by the enchanted pitchfork is automatically skewered onto it and the wielder must eat whatever it is

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 26, 2018, 04:11:54 pm »

Unhittable Target: A large archery target made out of straw, painted red and white. It is enchanted in such a way that a projectile or melee swing can never hit it.
But what if you're trying to stab it?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 26, 2018, 05:14:12 pm »

I'd consider that a melee swing

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 26, 2018, 05:48:26 pm »

Feathered Cane: A fleshy cane sprouting dull, light brown feathers. It leaves a trail of loose feathers wherever it goes and squawks when hitting something.

This is probably what happens when an elf tries to make a walking stick from featherwood.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 26, 2018, 08:27:33 pm »

Lycanthropic Potion: A browned bottle, with a glowing gold fluid within. The bottle can't be uncorked, nor shattered, by seemingly any means.
In truth, the potion within the bottle is Lycanthropic - during nights of the full moon, the liquid becomes a Werewolf. It's such a small and weak one that it can't escape it's bottle before the night ends and it reverts back into a potion again, though.
That would be quite the conversation starter, I feel like I need one.
Linguistic joke aside, I could see a transforming potion in a wizard's study. Perhaps a bottle of liquid that transforms into a frog when it's about to rain, something like that.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 27, 2018, 01:08:03 am »

I'd consider that a melee swing

Trying to pick it up would also be a melee swing, so it would be untouchable!

Death Stick: An oddly smooth stick, with an endlessly smoldering tip.
Anyone unlucky enough to be struck with the smoldering tip will die. Anyone attempting to identify the cause of death will find symptoms of excessive smoke inhalation and burnt lung tissue.

Would even things without lungs die of burnt lung tissue?  If so that is a great item!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 27, 2018, 01:39:04 am »

The black box of random enchantment

This is a little black box, about the size of a lunchbox. It even opens up like a lunch box.  The difference is that you place a suitable source of enchanting energy, and an object to be enchanted inside, close the lid, and shake vigorously for 30 seconds-- rather than putting your lunch inside. (highly inadvisable.)

When finished, the item that was placed inside will have an unidentified enchantment placed on it. The provided enchantment will even be consistently that enchantment. The issue, is that which enchantment it will be blessed with at creation is completely random, even harmful/cursed.

Placing an already enchanted item inside has no effect.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 27, 2018, 03:20:54 am »

Unbirthday Cake

This cake can only be safely consumed on your birthday.  When eaten on any other day it wipes you from existence retroactively to your former date of birth.  It is chocolate with raspberry filling and sweet sour cream frosting.  Lighting the candles on the top while making a wish will make you no longer desire the wished for item.

Sock of Devouring

This sock is the feeding apparatus for an extra-dimensional horror.  When a foot of any size is placed inside the sock perfectly fits and is supremely comfortable, but slightly damp.  The sock covered foot can then be placed in a shoe of any size and fit perfectly.  The horror feeds on dead skin cells leaving feet feeling clean and healthy.  They are extremely territorial and will fight to the death if more then one is worn.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 27, 2018, 08:42:21 am »

The black box of random enchantment

This is a little black box, about the size of a lunchbox. It even opens up like a lunch box.  The difference is that you place a suitable source of enchanting energy, and an object to be enchanted inside, close the lid, and shake vigorously for 30 seconds-- rather than putting your lunch inside. (highly inadvisable.)

When finished, the item that was placed inside will have an unidentified enchantment placed on it. The provided enchantment will even be consistently that enchantment. The issue, is that which enchantment it will be blessed with at creation is completely random, even harmful/cursed.

Placing an already enchanted item inside has no effect.
But what if I want to enchant my lunch?

Unbirthday Cake

This cake can only be safely consumed on your birthday.  When eaten on any other day it wipes you from existence retroactively to your former date of birth.  It is chocolate with raspberry filling and sweet sour cream frosting.  Lighting the candles on the top while making a wish will make you no longer desire the wished for item.

Sock of Devouring

This sock is the feeding apparatus for an extra-dimensional horror.  When a foot of any size is placed inside the sock perfectly fits and is supremely comfortable, but slightly damp.  The sock covered foot can then be placed in a shoe of any size and fit perfectly.  The horror feeds on dead skin cells leaving feet feeling clean and healthy.  They are extremely territorial and will fight to the death if more then one is worn.

What if I place a foot with that sock on, into a shoe smaller than the foot?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 27, 2018, 11:07:09 pm »

Sock of Devouring

What if I place a foot with that sock on, into a shoe smaller than the foot?

It will fit perfectly
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 27, 2018, 11:44:13 pm »

How small can the shoe be, and how long is the leg portion of the sock?  Is this an ankle sock, or a full length tube sock?

Could be useful as part of a disguise; Put a whole leg in to just below the knee, then put on a prosthetic leg. The "cup" of the prosthetic would be the "shoe", which would "Fit perfectly.", allowing you to wear the prosthetic leg.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 28, 2018, 01:44:38 am »

How small can the shoe be, and how long is the leg portion of the sock?  Is this an ankle sock, or a full length tube sock?

Could be useful as part of a disguise; Put a whole leg in to just below the knee, then put on a prosthetic leg. The "cup" of the prosthetic would be the "shoe", which would "Fit perfectly.", allowing you to wear the prosthetic leg.

Yes, the "sock" is actually a multi dimensional portal to the maw of something which lives where the laws and physical dimensions of our universe are more of suggestions then rules.  However, it will perfectly fit your foot, not your leg.  Don't try to outsmart the sock, it is much more clever then you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 28, 2018, 01:46:29 am »

So it is an ankle sock then?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 62