Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 62

Author Topic: Bizarre Magical Items  (Read 84708 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre Magical Items
« Reply #510 on: October 31, 2017, 12:10:17 am »

Dust Card

Normal playing card (the 2 of hearts, for some reason) that is inexplicably dusty. When compiled with a full deck of other playing cards, those will get dusty too.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 31, 2017, 12:32:36 am »

(Dust to Dust Dust is OP, pls Nerf! ;P )
(You think it's OP but just try getting it on a target without dissolving your hand
and then watch it burrow into the earth until it finally gets completely surrounded by inert dust so there's nothing left touching it that it can change to dust)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 31, 2017, 12:44:54 am »

(Dust to Dust Dust is OP, pls Nerf! ;P )
(You think it's OP but just try getting it on a target without dissolving your hand
and then watch it burrow into the earth until it finally gets completely surrounded by inert dust so there's nothing left touching it that it can change to dust)
(You wouldn't need any points in lock picking with this, careful application could destroy cursed objects you can't take off, pour it over the contents of an armoury and suddenly you have an advantage, can be used to destroy evidence, and it's perfect for betrayals and backstabbing. I could go on.)
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 31, 2017, 12:48:37 am »

The bag of holding of obliviation

Created by a forgetful wizard trying to make his own bag of holding, this sack is likewise cursed such that anything placed inside it will be completely forgotten by all who knew of it. The items do of course exist and can be retrieved easily, and once removed will once again be recognizable to anyone as per normal. Its users tend to dump more objects into it faster than they are removed, simply because people forget that they put anything in it.

The sticky stick.

This fairly normal seeming oak branch adheres to surfaces easily and can be difficult to remove even for healthy adult humans. Luckily, it doesnt stick to flesh quite so easily. Unluckily, one tends to tear their clothing when it brushes up against to the fabric
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 12:51:41 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 31, 2017, 01:41:36 am »

(You wouldn't need any points in lock picking with this, careful application could destroy cursed objects you can't take off, pour it over the contents of an armoury and suddenly you have an advantage, can be used to destroy evidence, and it's perfect for betrayals and backstabbing. I could go on.)
(It doesn't just stop existing after it's turned the first thing to dust. You pour that on your cursed clothes, it's going to go right on through your flesh, unless the cursed item is thick enough that it forms an insulating layer of inert dust first. And, of course, like I said, you've got to be very careful not to get any on you.)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 31, 2017, 03:19:39 am »

Blow Torch:Enchanted tube which launches torches when blown into.

(It doesn't just stop existing after it's turned the first thing to dust. You pour that on your cursed clothes, it's going to go right on through your flesh, unless the cursed item is thick enough that it forms an insulating layer of inert dust first. And, of course, like I said, you've got to be very careful not to get any on you.)
(You didn't say that you had to use the whole vial- you'd have to be cautious using it, but what dexterity and intelligence rolls are for.)
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 31, 2017, 04:00:42 am »

well my mind changed one particular letter and this happened, so I'm inflicting it on all of you.
Blow Torch (no relation): Enchanted lube that catches fire when — well. You can probably guess.

(You didn't say that you had to use the whole vial- you'd have to be cautious using it, but what dexterity and intelligence rolls are for.)
(Sure, but even one grain is going to be pretty dangerous, given that it's likely to move around a lot before it becomes thoroughly buried in something [hopefully not your flesh]. It's certainly useful, but there's a high chance for mishaps, I'd say.)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 31, 2017, 10:45:04 am »

Limiting factor of the Grey Beeath

Once the dust spreads a sufficient amount, it settles down and cant infect anyone, and the only option of getting more is catching the grey bees and grinding them up and putting them back in the vial for more dust. the lizards and normal insects dont spread it. the Grey bees that turn into Grey Beeath have get into some kind of magical vial that will spread it onw ind gusts, otherwise it will just bury into the ground and become inert.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 01, 2017, 02:07:16 pm »

Maw of Absence:Looks like a hat, but attempt to wear it and you'd find yourself sent into a random Bag of Holding.
Created by a devotee to Chaos in an effort to create more Chaos.
GENERATION 32:

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 01, 2017, 02:21:22 pm »

Maw of Presence:
Looks like a hat, but actually it eats the top half of your head when you put it on.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 01, 2017, 10:20:40 pm »

Holding of Bag: A fortress whose interior is the Elemental Plane of Bags.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 02, 2017, 09:01:06 am »

Bag of Heavy Holding:
You can put anything you want inside and the bag will shrink them to fit, however any items inside will weigh about 50% more than usual.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 02, 2017, 12:19:43 pm »

Magical potato: A normal potato with bite marks. Those who eat it begin to slowly transform into a potato. They become a magic potato when they are buried.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 02, 2017, 12:38:15 pm »

Here's some more magic forks:

Fork of Slaying: A blue fork with a gold rim and a blueish purple handle, This fork is able to kill anything but only when held by a being with a soul. The price for each kill is the fork slowly takes over your mind, eventually you can no longer put it down, eventually you'll start being paranoid about enemies everywhere.
Fork of Giant strength: A giant metal fork that gives giants giant strength.
Smiler Fork: A yellow fork with many smiley faces. Seeing it causes the viewer to uncontrollably clench their teeth and smile. This lasts for five minutes before wearing off. Holding the fork negates this effect until put down, which causes the effect to multiply by each second the fork was held. (i.e. one minute held equals 5 hours of smiling.)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 02, 2017, 01:52:15 pm »

Prismatic Hat

This flat cap has seven colors, mixing in stripes and interwoven patterns.  Each color can be "grabbed" by the wearer and pulled out fo the cap to be thrown at someone causing a different effect depending on the color.  The thrown effect looks like a hat flying out to hit the person (or placed wherever) and has the range and aerodynamics associated with a real hat.  Once all colors are used it appears to be a normal grey hat and must be exposed to a naturally occurring rainbow to recharge.

Red - A red beret flies out, causing the target struck to become enraged with their own hat, helmet, head covering or wig, although real hair is not effected.  The affected individual will pull off their hat, throw it on the ground, and stomp on it, while remaining angry at it for several hours to the point of not picking it up or wearing it.

Orange - A orange beanie flies out, causing the target struck to grow huge amounts of bright orange hair from their head.  The effect will quickly swamp the nearby area in hair, although it will not crush or suffocate the target or those nearby.  The hair is real and permanent until cut off.

Yellow - This color produces a yellow hard hat which must be affixed to another persons head not currently covered by a hat.  Once on the head it will provide complete protection from all forms of attack or damage to the head from anything up to and including an outer god.  The effect lasts for 15 minutes, provides no protection to the rest of the body, must continue to be worn on the head to function and can not be used on the prismatic hat wearer themselves.

Green - This green Kepi is placed on any inanimate object, including most plants.  The object is brought to life and will move and take orders from the person who placed the hat on.  It has the intelligence and combat skills of an average soldier with combat forms appropriate to however it is shaped.  The effect lasts until sundown or sixty seven minutes, whichever is shorter.

Blue - A blue garden or picture hat which is thrown and hits a target.  This inflicts terrible brain freeze until the target eats a warm, hot or spicy food.  While not deadly it is quite debilitating, even to things which normally can not experience pain or do not have a brain... somehow.

Indigo - When placed on the ground this blue top hat projects an image of Isaac Asimov who will analyze the science and history of the world around him and explain it to those viewing.  Any effects not at least partially grounded in science will fail within 325 meters, but not to the point that anyone will be immediately harmed by life support or movement effects stopping at inopportune times.  He can hear what is going on around him and is more then willing to debate or converse about what is going on.  The top hat itself is firmly rooted in hard science, no I am not going to explain but you can ask the projection if you want.  The effect lasts for 15 minutes.

Violet - A violet trucker hat thrown at a target who becomes non-violent immediately to anything around them.  They will be willing to talk out any problems (if able) and will hold to any reasonable agreements made.  If attacked while under the effect the target gains supernatural strength, durability and powers (if capable of normal magic/psionics/powers) and will gleefully destroy whoever attacked them while still being peaceful to everyone else and even holding conversations.  The effect lasts until dawn or 93 hours, whichever is shorter.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 62