Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 62

Author Topic: Bizarre Magical Items  (Read 84757 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre Magical Items
« Reply #780 on: March 20, 2018, 09:00:44 pm »

Hypnotist's Pendelum: A magic pendulum that makes the user a master of (non-magical) hypnosis.

What if they remove the arm that the watch is attached to-- or, if the arm it is attached to is a prosthetic one? :P

"Aha! Escaped! Wait, why's it around my other arm! Off! Leg. Off! Leg. Off! Neck... well played."

"That's odd... I'm not dead. Ow, my eye! Dang thing shot a needle into my eye! Waiiiit a minuteee... *thump*"

And if the person just happens to be armored in every conceivable way...

Watch: displays sigil of death

Person: dies
~~~
Scroll of Fireball: Hosts a ball for sentient creatures in the Plane of Fire crossways from the user.

Scroll of Earthquake: Shakes all rock golems within a mile of the user to nothingness.

Stomach Stretching Pills: Whoever takes one of these pills finds that no matter how much they eat or drink, they are never full, and their stomach(and surrounding body area) magically stretch as needed to contain what they eat or drink. The stomach of the eater will not rupture or fail in a different way no matter how much the user eats or drinks. Lasts twelve hours per pill. Invented by a wizard to try to save the life of a king addicted to the Cordial of Conspicuous Consumption. It didn't work, due to the effect of overuse of Stomach Stretching Pills: the stomach instantly shrinks back down to normal size and compresses all within it to that size, causing nuclear fusion. Boom.

Bezoar: Cures all poisons, addictions, venoms, curses, diseases, etc. the eater has. Also turns the eater permanently into a goat with another Bezoar lodged in their stomach.

Eat Me: A small label reading Eat Me. When applied to an object, the next person other than the user that sees the label will be compelled to eat the object.

Drink Me: Like Eat Me, but for drinks.

Yanderesocks: A pair of animate black socks. Will magically bond to the first person who wears them, and will work tirelessly to ensure that their wearer will wear no other socks and that they'll never be taken off. If the wearer betrays them, Yanderesocks will... not be pleased.

Mallet of Amnesia: Causes amnesia in anyone who's hit on the head with it.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 20, 2018, 09:32:30 pm »

"Time for you to take a bath, socks. You smell."
"Never!"

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 20, 2018, 09:51:45 pm »

Enchanted "Kick Me!" Sign: When this "Kick Me!" Sign is taped to someone's back, everyone who sees it is magically compelled to kick the victim.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 21, 2018, 07:36:23 am »

Enchanted "No u" sign: Anything bad that happens to whatever it's put on, is reflected to whatever caused it.
it's over

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 21, 2018, 10:34:31 am »

Swordbow: A magical bow that fires swords(and only swords) like arrows.

Piercesword: When fired like an arrow, this sword pierces through most magical protection.

Doublesword: The force this sword inflicts is cut to 25% of normal. However, each time it hits the same spot, the damage it deals is doubled from when it last hit. Exponential growth is fun! (25%, 50%, 100%, 200%, 400%, 800%, 1600%... it goes on and on.)

Halfsword: The force this sword inflicts at first is eight times normal, but each time it hits the same target, the damage it deals is cut in half from when it last hit.

Bombsword: This sword explodes after it cuts someone.

Sack of Socks: A sack full of magical socks. No two match.

Mousetrap: A small mousetrap. When a person triggers it, they turn into a mouse. When a mouse triggers it, they turn into a human.

Bear Trap: A large bear trap. Only hurts bears and people wearing bear costumes.

Conditioning Pills: A small bottle full of white pills with five left. Whenever someone takes one of these pills, the next time(within the next fifteen minutes) they attempt to utilize a magical item that requires the user to meet a specific condition, they are shapechanged(in body and mind) to meet that condition.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 21, 2018, 08:17:42 pm »

The Halfsword and Doublesword belong in an experimental puzzle roguelike akin to Hydra Slayer.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 30, 2018, 12:39:08 pm »

Skull Plate

A large plate that when applied to the skull by headbutting a wall, instantly allows a persont headbutt anything, anywhere, with litterally no consequences on the part of the headbutter. the headbuttee gets headbutted with a steel plate.

If two users headbutt eachother with the skull plate, a nuclear deetonation occurs.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 30, 2018, 02:52:53 pm »

Eye-Sickle

A specially designed sickle for removing eyes with utmost precision. Completely useless for any other task.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 30, 2018, 07:01:07 pm »

Pop-Sickle:
This sickle makes odd popping noises when cutting through plant matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 30, 2018, 07:03:54 pm »

Bi-Sickle
This sickle makes two identical cuts using one blade.

(Search indicates that there's no item already called this in the thread, which surprises me. Or maybe search is just broken.)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 30, 2018, 07:14:19 pm »

Pi-Sickle
This sickle makes 3.14 identical cuts using one blade.
it's over

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 31, 2018, 03:36:45 am »

Tri-Sickle
This sickle can only cut through tricycles, has no effect on any thing else.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 31, 2018, 05:19:00 am »

Why-Sickle
The wielder and anyone injured by this enchanted silver sickle is cursed to question absolutely everything for the rest of their lives.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 31, 2018, 05:21:29 am »

Sick-le

This sickle passes along various virulent diseases when it is stabbed into someone. Curiously, when it meets a disease it has not absorbed, the sickle will instead cure that person by stealing away its illness.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 31, 2018, 05:36:55 am »

Tickle Stick

This is an ordinary looking wooden twig, from a not so ordinary tree. As a powerful defense that has evolved due to human predation on this species of tree, due to their fantastic properties for making wands, a subgroup of the species has evolved a unique defense: Humanoids who grasp, hold, or otherwise come into contact with the wood of this tree suffer from uncontrollable feelings of being tickled, over 100% of their body. This has led to practical jokes, where these twigs are placed into a wand maker's supply box.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 62