Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)  (Read 25201 times)

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
Re: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)
« Reply #270 on: June 06, 2014, 05:39:00 pm »

Golems don't burn very well. Neb votes orcs.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 06, 2014, 06:10:12 pm »

Looks pretty overwhelming for orc-infested human city.

Also only now do I remember that I think we were supposed to pick a party before seeing the options. Oops.

So Ochita is free, I should probably go for healing, I'm not sure if Barthhold will be worth the probable difficulty boost but we definitely need someone to tank if we're going to bother bringing me in... and otherwise I'm not too sure. Chauner is tempting for lootery, him, Marks and Boldbold are all bruisers, would be nice to give Alice and Nebrar a chance to do something...

I guess I'm leaning towards scapheap, Eagle, Rolep, Ochita, and myself. A heavy frontliner, a healer, a ranged artillery/slightly glassy melee cannon, and a largely supporting mage we really need to level. If we're worried about difficulty we might want to swap Alice for Marks, since Marks can melee and range fairly consistently, whereas Alice is stuck dealing 2d3 a battle followed by blinding and shifting effects. Conversely, Chauner's at the ready if we're feeling greedy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 06, 2014, 06:11:48 pm »

((Boldbold is still unleveled.))

Spoiler: Harbingerjm (click to show/hide)
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 06, 2014, 06:33:53 pm »

Hmm. Well, remember, if I come along, then the dungeon is balanced for 5 people, and a battle can only have 4 of us in at once due to reserve slots. We'd have to be pretty careful about that.

If I had to give my opinions, then maybe Irony, Me, Eagle, Rolepgeek and uh.. Honestly, Cado is seeming tempting, considering that if we're gonna make use of Rolepgeek's abilities then we'd need in my opinion 3 melee types or so. Plus scout could probably help out immensely. Still, Chauner has the ability of massive loot potential as well as still being able to deal pretty respectable damage.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 06, 2014, 06:40:51 pm »

If you're worried about it, you could leave me at home and take Boldbold, the alpha strike kobold.

I just hope my merchanting skill will actually level up. Don't forget, too, that for my Veteran's Oversight, it affects ranged physical, not just melee physical.

Though, Chauner, Boldbold, Barthold, and Marks and/or Nil would be a very difficult to dislodge team. With Nil, practically invincible.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 06, 2014, 07:14:21 pm »

That does lead to a question of mine actually. Nirur, is there a well-known way to increase a person's guild skill, or to let them learn additional guild skills? say that Irony or Eagle wanted to learn a guild skill such as Non-explosive alchemy, or medicinal alchemy, would they have to either level up or actively seek a trainer?

Spoiler: Party consideration (click to show/hide)

Does this sound okay?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 06, 2014, 07:59:02 pm »

The dungeon isn't likely to be much harder because of reserves.

Also only now do I remember that I think we were supposed to pick a party before seeing the options. Oops.
One of us is misremembering. I thought I'd always had it at "choose team while choosing dungeon."

I just hope my merchanting skill will actually level up.
Eventually, but guild skills level slower than normal levels. Can't have the guild churning out tier 6 equipment while the average party level is 4.

That does lead to a question of mine actually. Nirur, is there a well-known way to increase a person's guild skill, or to let them learn additional guild skills? say that Irony or Eagle wanted to learn a guild skill such as Non-explosive alchemy, or medicinal alchemy, would they have to either level up or actively seek a trainer?
I hadn't actually thought of that. Sure, I'll allow trainers, but they're not very cost effective. (Probably 3-4 turns to learn a new level one skill from an NPC trainer, costing 4g-6g per turn. Longer and cheaper if you're just hiring someone who barely knows what they're doing or a player with low skill. I'll allow a speed penalty to train in related fields (explosive alchemy => medicinal alchemy))

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 07, 2014, 04:02:25 am »

(explosive alchemy => medicinal alchemy)
Guess I have my semi-longterm goal.

As for party composition, Irony and Ochita are pretty much a given. And while the rest of the party will define the style, I think most (if not all) combinations are viable.
That said, I'd love to harvest ingredients from some slain foes.
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 09, 2014, 03:47:18 am »

Brain not work good right now, and we've got several viable party comps. Will try to make decision SoonTM, or you can just band together and usurp my decision with the vile powers of democracy/saying things loudly while wearing a large hat.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 09, 2014, 10:49:54 am »

Where's Remuthra?

We need to steal his hat for a time.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 12, 2014, 08:45:03 pm »

It would seem I have stalled the game. Sorry about that. :x

Final team will be me, Ochita, Rolepgeek, EagleV, and RangerCado.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 13, 2014, 05:08:22 pm »

The five adventurers are teleported with no issues. The wizards manning the teleporter seem slightly relieved about having Ochita helping with the spell.

They arrive outside the "ruined" city. The wall looks to be in surprisingly good shape, at least from this side. They could either assault the northern gatehouse, look for anything interesting in the nearby forest, or risk fighting a patrol to look for an easier opening to the east.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PCs (click to show/hide)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 13, 2014, 05:11:07 pm »

"I say we should try for a less defended position by goin' round."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 13, 2014, 05:22:45 pm »

"I guess we don't have the time to go look for exotic herbs first? If not, I agree with going around. Assaulting head-on isn't fun, you have to set orcs on fire when they don't expect it."
*WHACK*

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 13, 2014, 05:44:53 pm »

"I am inclined to agree. Around it is!"

East!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20