Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Author Topic: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)  (Read 25206 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)
« Reply #225 on: June 01, 2014, 06:56:35 pm »

Regarding loot, the group is all level 1s. You picked the easier dungeon instead of the one with the magical item. The loot you're getting off skeletons can be sold for a bit over 1g each right now, with a merchant I on the job and no infrastructure. No, I do not consider it cruel to deny you from getting a few such drops. This battle is giving xp, and everyone here is now ready for level 2, once everyone's back home.
Assuming the rest of us aren't killed before we leave, which is a MASSIVE possibility at this point. I didn't expect the easy dungeon to kill us enmasse. And you could have said: "Hey, you guys should decide soon or something bad might happen."
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 01, 2014, 07:37:58 pm »

Regarding loot, the group is all level 1s. You picked the easier dungeon instead of the one with the magical item. The loot you're getting off skeletons can be sold for a bit over 1g each right now, with a merchant I on the job and no infrastructure. No, I do not consider it cruel to deny you from getting a few such drops. This battle is giving xp, and everyone here is now ready for level 2, once everyone's back home.
Assuming the rest of us aren't killed before we leave, which is a MASSIVE possibility at this point. I didn't expect the easy dungeon to kill us enmasse. And you could have said: "Hey, you guys should decide soon or something bad might happen."
He already said the battle's been processed, just not written up yet. The rest of you got out fine.

And really, this battle wasn't even "difficult" in the traditional sense. Even with relatively poor coordination, people double-attacking guaranteed-kill targets and so on, you only lost one. The only real possibilities were to not realize you had to run and getting TPK'd (or just Boldbold getting out), doing things lucky and right and everyone making it out, or getting unlucky/not quite paying attention and losing one, as happened.

I could see saying it's unfair to possibly kill someone like that, but we were warned that there was "relatively low survivability." I don't think it's fair to say that everyone was in serious danger of dying or similar, because when running they really weren't.

In related news, I should probably start figuring out our new eighth, even if I'm not allowed to choose one yet. ShadowHammer, Giglamesh, and Varee have all posted lately, so I think I should stick with them. Unless someone else pops in between now and actually getting to make the decision, of course.

Shadowhammer: Imagining a fairy in shining silver paladin armor makes me giggle, but I'm not sure if we need another outrider.
Varee: I like the idea of a mantis ninja, but you are killing me with this uncontrollable rage lone wolf loose cannon angst.
Giglamesh: You're probably the frontrunner. I like your character, and she might be tanky enough to be a magic-resistant equivalent to our dwarf. Also your skill is potentially pretty convenient, if a bit bland.

On that note, I should probably start trying to codify what we have and what everybody does more clearly sometime. Mobility, sturdiness, burst/assassination potential, and so on.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 01, 2014, 08:37:09 pm »

Hey guys?

Keep in mind. It's a game. These aren't real characters. I'm actually glad Nirurmade it clear this wasn't one of those games where no-one ever dies and they don't have to actually try and stay alive because everything's basically thrown at their feet. This is a game where characters die, you have to look at everything beforehand, and you never, ever, put in an action without conferring with the rest of the group first, because it could get you/them killed, with just one mistake.

Although if we seriously get no loot that will be frustrating because we'll have wasted our time and a former guild-member for nothing.

Next battle, me and the healer are coming. No buts about it; this will not happen again. Which means we need our healer and our tank.

EDIT: Also remember, that once we have enough money, resurrection is presumably possible.
I concur with these statements.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 01, 2014, 08:58:32 pm »

I can tell you what Barthold's role on the battlefield is. Especially once he gets an equally large crossboa.notsorryneversorry Commander Tank.

Combined with Nil, I do believe he can be effectively invincible in melee combat. Hold the Line+Regenerate+Nature's Balm and/or Grasping Vines, and tada, you can't hurt him. Or escape...

Downside, of course, is that magic-users ignore all his dwarvenly toughness, and illusions means suddenly he's hacking at the healing-tree-person because he thinks it's suddenly transformed into an arboreal demon.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 01, 2014, 11:08:41 pm »

* Ochita suffers from a coughing fit that never ends.

H-hey irony. I've been posting recently, along with the fact that I've got my Character sheet and all.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 01, 2014, 11:20:39 pm »

Right! You were actually posting so much I filed you away as a regular. :x

Tactically minded apportationist scribe, yeah. Definitely a tempting option.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 02, 2014, 12:16:55 am »

Neb walks to town whistling, in search for an alchemist shop.

In case that doesn't count as action, he will Work for Money instead.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 02, 2014, 03:34:49 pm »

The adepts decide that the angry thing leaking shadow magic is more of an immediate threat than the fleeing group, and redirect their skeletons to deal with it. The group quickly retreats, and manages to hide in the forest.

The party must now decide whether to assault where they hope the return point is, while weakened, or to use the scrolls and return home.

Nil has little enough time for work after watching that worryingly narrow battle, but manages to earn 1g. He decides he may as well choose the next recruit now.

Alice finds a tailor's shop. The tailor looks relative unskilled, but charges fair prices. She apologizes for not having anything particularly valuable for adventurers in stock. ((You may make an order/browse the shelves as a free action))

Neb finds a guild of "alchemists," the Rising Dawn. They appear to have a particularly violent strategy towards competition, have connections with high places, and sell bad potions at absurd prices. He decides it would be wiser not to even try buying ingredients from them.

Barthold finds young traveling peddler who is willing to buy what the party brings back at fairly good prices, all things considered (~1.6g per tier 1 item), but he will be leaving the area shortly.

Spoiler: RangerCado (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Harbingerjm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sarrak (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Propman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guild Stockpiles (click to show/hide)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 02, 2014, 04:06:42 pm »

browse the shelves to get a idea of pricing
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 02, 2014, 04:09:03 pm »

browse the shelves to get a idea of pricing
She sells tier 1 items for 4g each. She has no stocks of tier 2 items.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 02, 2014, 04:11:04 pm »

Order a tier one robes
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 02, 2014, 04:12:55 pm »

Order a tier one robes
Uh, alright, but you won't be able to switch during a battle.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 02, 2014, 04:18:41 pm »

Order a tier one robes
Uh, alright, but you won't be able to switch during a battle.
I know, just making a back up in case of wrong dungeon type.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 02, 2014, 08:03:09 pm »

((Teirra is still listed as having positive HP.  I'm sure it doesn't affect anything, but in the off-chance it does...)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 02, 2014, 08:06:31 pm »

"We should leave. NOW." Cado gets his scroll of return out and uses it to get everyone back to base.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:06:59 am by RangerCado »
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20