Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)  (Read 25242 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)
« Reply #195 on: May 30, 2014, 03:55:30 pm »

((Another interesting point - do not living creatures have soul or substitute for it?))
These skeletons do not. Your spell would be ineffective.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 30, 2014, 04:38:04 pm »

Still looking for clothes shop
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 01, 2014, 10:18:29 am »

Boldbold charges into a skeleton, while Marks shoots it. It falls apart at the force of their combined strikes.

Chaun annihilates his own foe with a weak attack.

The lead skeleton catches up with Boldbold, clipping him for two damage.

The charging undead hoard overwhelms Teirra. Her death sets the soul-drinker free on the battlefield. It retaliates against the fools who released it, destroying them.

Debuffs:
Marks - Move speed 2, 1 turn remains
Boldbold - Move speed 3, 2 turns remain
Chain - Move speed 3, 1 turn remains

Spoiler: Guild Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RangerCado (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Harbingerjm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sarrak (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Propman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guild Stockpiles (click to show/hide)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 01, 2014, 10:23:03 am »

((...Well, it was nice playin... I guess... As we all get killed for indecision... great...))

Move north 2, shoot nearest enemy cause I really don't care anymore...
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 01, 2014, 12:01:18 pm »

((...Well, it was nice playin... I guess... As we all get killed for indecision... great...))
((Don't see anything in the op against waitlisting with a new character. Or the same one, maybe want to patch that out.))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 01, 2014, 12:36:33 pm »

((Yeah, that was fun indeed, but my character didn't have a chance from the beginning of this assault. I suggest you to recruit mages who can use teleports, speed thing up and change timeflow a bit now and then.))

((Oh, guys, you're closest living things to my soul-devouring specter. Have fun!))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 01, 2014, 01:16:32 pm »

((Yeah, that was fun indeed, but my character didn't have a chance from the beginning of this assault.
((Actually, it would have been possible if you'd gone straight north and had Chaun or Boldbold acting as a meat-shield for a turn.))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 01, 2014, 03:07:58 pm »

((Yeah, that was fun indeed, but my character didn't have a chance from the beginning of this assault.
((Actually, it would have been possible if you'd gone straight north and had Chaun or Boldbold acting as a meat-shield for a turn.))
((Single solution survival situations brought about by not just getting the players to choose a direction or face the consquences aren't fun. Especially when the doom situation occurs with no warning.))
[/quote]

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 01, 2014, 03:26:58 pm »

((Single solution survival situations brought about by not just getting the players to choose a direction or face the consquences aren't fun. Especially when the doom situation occurs with no warning.))
((Yeah, I slightly overcompensated for the first mission being a cakewalk and not wanting the first level-ups to be gained without a decent chance of someone dying.
I didn't actually plan much about this mission, and just made sure there was at least one way for most of the party to survive, expecting scroll use after the battle.))

((Don't see anything in the op against waitlisting with a new character. Or the same one, maybe want to patch that out.))
((I don't want to patch out the players rejoining.))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 01, 2014, 03:33:16 pm »

((Well, when none of us took any damage, what did you think we were going to do? I was waiting for the others to vote for going north or south to explore 1 more area. And then we're given a situation where we have to all do EXACTLY the right moves, or atleast 3 of us die. It went from cake walk to slaughter and we weren't given any warning or chance to escape.))
[/quote]

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 01, 2014, 03:44:19 pm »

((Well, when none of us took any damage, what did you think we were going to do? I was waiting for the others to vote for going north or south to explore 1 more area. And then we're given a situation where we have to all do EXACTLY the right moves, or atleast 3 of us die. It went from cake walk to slaughter and we weren't given any warning or chance to escape.))
((You're not dead yet. The soul-drinker can't really outrun you before you get off the map. Remember the lack of casting after moving.

I would have made the next map hard enough to have a decent chance at killing one of you. The punishment for indecisiveness was A) Panic with a map that looks very difficulty at first glance, B) No loot for you, and C) Possibly make you lose enough combat effectiveness that you need to burn the scrolls getting home. The latter two hurt the guild more than they hurt you.))

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 01, 2014, 03:46:23 pm »

North 3 hexes.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 01, 2014, 03:52:35 pm »

A) Still ZERO warning that this could happen at all. The speed debuff make it garunteed that most wouldn't survive as we couldn't get into melee range. We also do not have ANY AoE, so woohoo, we get outnumbered 3.333 to 1 and lose any ability to do anything as we can't get close enough to kill a caster or do our major hits to the skeletons.

You also stated that the only escape was all of us running north while 2 people tank a hit. The ONLY apparent solution without losing 3 people. I doubt any of us will survive this. It IS as scary as it looks.

B) THAT is just cruel, and a jerk move. No way around that, jerk move not giving us loot if we even managed to survive at all.

C) ...THEY WORK OUTSIDE OF COMBAT!?!? WHEN DID YOU SAY THAT!? And see A for why that move hit killed us all.

All in all, poorly thought out with no chance of survival, and being punished without warning for waiting for everyone to reach a decision to move on to TRY and find loot for the guild. Seriously, you gave us nothing for the first encounter, then kill us for not returning to the guild or searching another area you stated would likely be about this difficult.
[/quote]

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 01, 2014, 04:15:08 pm »

((Actually, let me lay down some things from the first post, RangerCado.

For A), consider the fact that in the opening battle, there was a lone ice mage with 4 skeletons, of which I think we can all assume that were produced by someone other than the ice mage, considering that there was nothing necromatic about the ice mage, which suggests that there's more people there than just the ice mage. Considering that your entrance was also loud, it would make sense that people would converge on the location you're at. Also, remember that you are the leader of the group for the time being, so you should be able to override stalemates or otherwise foolish choices.
Also, considering a battle like that, it would make sense to just run away, its clear that you were outnumbered and that you could escape into the relative safety of the forest, where there were the least number of foes in your path.

Quote from: Opening post
There are three main ways to get out of dungeons: Happen upon a fixed return point, which usually quickly draw monsters and cannot effectively be cleared ahead of time, use expensive single-use single-person planar travel items which cannot be used in a fight, or just bring someone who can teleport everyone out, even during a battle. I suggest the latter.
That explains C.

In any case, maybe it is best if you took a breather and took a small break from thinking about this?))
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 01, 2014, 04:21:34 pm »

Explain how our entrance was loud?

Explain why our characters sat there for an hour according to the post and didn't even see them coming or hear them?

And we were and still are running away. Nirur stated that the only way ALL of us would get away and survive is by running north, and two guys tanking a hit each. Since we all didn't ONLY go STRAIGHT up, we die.

And in all honesty? Would you have used the veto power of being called leader? And why wasn't the higher level character given leader status instead?

Too many inconsistancies and unfair situations at all.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20