Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)  (Read 25285 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2014, 06:52:54 pm »

Barthold is yellow, then, right?

I'm not really sure. He's very much melee combat, but he's also leader-abilities and thus support.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2014, 06:59:48 pm »

Only blue in da houuuuuuse.

Really though, I'm curious how dungeons with me in them will play out. 25% less firepower, infinitely more healing because anything x0 is still 0.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2014, 07:03:24 pm »

I'm pretty sure people (can) have potions.

And me and the ranger might become able to heal people(not as well as you, of course) eventually. Something like a poultice/herbs for the ranger and TRUE VIGOR/dwarf surgery for Barthold.

EDIT: Questions for Nirur;

Does Veteran's Oversight damage bonus round up or down?
Does Hold The Line only block 3xLvl damage per person per turn, or per turn period?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 07:06:29 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2014, 07:19:05 pm »

Barthold is yellow, then, right?

I'm not really sure. He's very much melee combat, but he's also leader-abilities and thus support.
Red. You're not squishy enough for yellow.

Does Veteran's Oversight damage bonus round up or down?
Does Hold The Line only block 3xLvl damage per person per turn, or per turn period?
Sure.
Per person per turn, but I'm starting to have second thoughts about it, since not even an early boss is likely to hit for 18 damage in one turn. I'm nerfing it down to 2xlevel per person per turn.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2014, 07:21:48 pm »

"Boldbold not liking where this going."  :(
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2014, 07:39:28 pm »

"Boldbold not liking where this going."  :(
((It's fine. It's not like I'm going to hotdrop the party in front of a hostile ice mage who's protected by a wall of skeletons, with you needing to ignoring enemy zones of control and take hits to deal with him, or anything. You worry too much, now get on the teleporter .. Oh, right! I should explain that.))

Zones of control!

Every unit has a zone of control, the six hexes directly surrounding them. Trying to leave a hex in an enemy zone of control triggers a standard attack. Standard characters can only attack once per turn in this way, but you may trigger multiple attacks of opportunity with a single move, from multiple enemies.

In one turn, you may move your full movement amount, then attack with a standard melee or ranged attack. Attacking ends your turn. You may not move and then use a spell or ability, as that gives mages too much initiative.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2014, 07:42:13 pm »

((Man, as an observer from the waitlist, looking at the party makeup, 2 of them are weak to cold/ice, and there is no healing (Unless I dunno, Irony gives his healing pendant to the one least likely to die as so they can heal.) Even so, I'm expecting that its gonna be a difficult dungeon.))
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2014, 07:46:38 pm »

((Man, as an observer from the waitlist, looking at the party makeup, 2 of them are weak to cold/ice, and there is no healing (Unless I dunno, Irony gives his healing pendant to the one least likely to die as so they can heal.) Even so, I'm expecting that its gonna be a difficult dungeon.))

And so the chosen four got on the teleport pad, lightly manhandling the reluctant kobold into joining them. Shortly thereafter, a blinding flash of light and a faint popping noise heralded their disappearance.

((You should probably hire Ochita. He knows what's what.))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2014, 07:55:23 pm »

So, does 'ability' include my Auras?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2014, 07:59:58 pm »

So, does 'ability' include my Auras?
Yes.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2014, 08:27:17 pm »

((I lied about that Saturday thing,))

After a few minutes of very disconcerting teleportation, the party arrives in a snowy field, between a ruined castle and a forest. The local looks dazed.

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

The wizards assure the rest of the guild that the teleport was a success. They apologize, but the ritual is too taxing for them to send a second group through.

Spoiler: Guild Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guild Stockpiles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nearby Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bag Store (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Exotic pet supplies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RangerCado (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Harbingerjm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: EagleV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sarrak (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Propman (click to show/hide)

EDIT:RangerCado is the leader for this battle.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2014, 08:30:24 pm »

Move down and right a hex, attack mister skelly with my rapier!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2014, 08:51:26 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DimZ1upYMU

Welp. Move ↘ 3 hexes, and jab the enemy squishy wizard with my spear for an instakill.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2014, 08:55:17 pm »

Welp. Move ↘ 3 hexes, and jab the enemy squishy wizard with my spear for an instakill.
When I think of your character, I think him as a 3HP melee type, not as someone who hits for 3-7 damage.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2014, 08:58:04 pm »

((Oh dear gods I've sent them to their doom.))

((You should probably hire Ochita. He knows what's what.))
((Craaaaaap, I totally forgot about that!

And Ochita made somebody who might be able to teleport us out mid-battle like you suggested we bring instead of relying on checkpoints, so I was inclined to hire him next anyway.))

Move down and right a hex, attack mister skelly with my rapier!
EDIT:RangerCado is the leader for this battle.
((Strategize damn you. By which I mean frantically scream KILL THE MAGE, KILL HIM BEFORE HE KILLS US ALL.

On the other hand, those skeletons are pretty nasty too. They are, however, single target and not particularly strong against anyone.

But anyway, it's your call. Good luck, Fearless Leader!))

When I think of your character, I think him as a 3HP melee type, not as someone who hits for 3-7 damage.
((Tricksy gnomes. They look all innocent and frail, but they'll shiv you with a broken bottle in a heartbeat if they think it'll get them your gold.))

"I've got a very good feeling about their chances," Nil said cheerfully. "However, we've got things of our own to attend to. But before we even begin that, I'd like to handle another matter. Could everyone explain whether or not they have any interest in combat leadership? I think it would be good to know ahead of time who'd like a turn at commanding in battle."

Do side work for a bit of money.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20