Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)  (Read 25266 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2014, 08:23:47 pm »

Petition Chaun for capital to begin building trade empire. Not much else to do while we wait, after all.
That sort of thing is going to take significantly more merchant skill than what you have.

Marks buys weasel treats and leaves them in the guildhall, while Barthold buys a shipment of food. ((For now, the guildhall has a small communal inventory. Nobody else eat the weasel treats.))

Nil collects the Scrolls of Return, gathers everyone in the guild together, they have a hearty lunch before walking to town.

The gate lies just outside the town walls. It has its own stone walls, facing inwards. Past a lobby, a large pentagram of granite tiles surrounds a platform large enough for ten people to comfortably stand. Nil pays a secretary the ten gold fee, after assuring him they know that the wizards present can only safely send four people. A bell rings twice, alerting the town guards, just in case something on the other side manages to come through the brief one-way portal. This gate has only had one incident so far.

After a fairly brief three-person ritual, one of the blue-robed wizards speaks. "We could land you in one of two places: One has weak undead and low concentrations of ice magic. You should be able to find a return node just south of your entry point. The other is underground, and seems to have goblins and some sort of elemental water constructs. You may have a harder time returning from the second site, but the constructs are gathered around what may be an enchanted item, somewhere east of the connection point. The gate activates in four minutes. Choose quickly; those who are gating need to be on the platform."

(Also, those Scrolls of Return are tier 2 items, and collectively worth about 32g. IronyOwl needs to decide whether or not to keep those safely behind.)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2014, 11:25:18 pm »

Marks votes for the undead, knowing an easier job was probably the way to go at the start.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2014, 11:37:32 pm »

Chauner could go either way, muttering something about how everyone is after his breakfast cereal, or something along those lines.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2014, 11:50:19 pm »

"I'd go for undead, but ice magic... Heh, I really don't like it, but water constructs sound a bit more deadly."

Either dungeon is fine and deadly.

((Can I possibly use my summoning spells to control undead instead of bringing to life new ones?))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2014, 12:01:14 am »

If it's not too late, buy the rations for 15g and two bags for 10g. I would have done that earlier, but I wanted to see if Chauner really wanted the gilded bag.

Each delver will get a scroll. Needless to say, only use it in an emergency; we won't be able to get any more for a bit. The two bags are up for grabs as well, obviously. Nobody has anything better to put in their misc slots at the moment anyway.

First mission is officially the four level ones. Marks (Ranger), Boldbold (Harbinger), Teirra (Sarrak), Chaun (Propman). Which dungeon is largely their call, as far as I can tell.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2014, 12:32:37 am »

Being most proficient in the art of carrying things, Chauner volunteers to carry both bags on his person if nobody else finds the need for them.

The squat fairy man grunted as he hefted his thick, heavy spear in a single arm, the gilded weapon easily being four times his height. The lumbering human wizards were speaking of all sorts of metababble that made little sense to him as they stood next to what he believed to be some sort of way gate, in spite of the fact that he was a magical creature by nature. It was several years since he last set foot in a dungeon, and the very word stung the back of his conscious like an unclad foot rubbing up against the rear end of a grue's callus-

"Oi, what's that Master Nils? Goin' into the dungeons meself am I? Aye, sir uh...Right away!"

It was settled then. The former dungeon reminded him uncomfortably of his former home area, while the latter area sounded awful chilly. In truth, he loathed the winter, and the fact that he was normally shielded from such cold was a perk he much enjoyed from living so deep into the earth. The fact that undead and the cold were involved must have meant that a lich, or at least a wight or revenant of some power was likely to blame. He rebalanced his main pack so as to prevent it from later aching him, an irritant that could prove potentially fatal in the heat of battle.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2014, 12:45:21 am »

"Boldbold not like sound of ice surface place of deadthings. Not much happy with livewater either, but goblins ok, and deepdown magic loot sound nice."
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 07:22:06 pm by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2014, 07:53:45 am »

"The undead are usually easier to handle. And easier dungeon would suit us as well, just starting out as we are."
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2014, 04:08:25 pm »

I hope to have the battle map up on Saturday, or Sunday at the latest.

The vote is currently at 1:0, in favor of the undead dungeon. (Harbinger, if that's a vote, please use bold, not just speech.)

If it's not too late, buy the rations for 15g and two bags for 10g. I would have done that earlier, but I wanted to see if Chauner really wanted the gilded bag.
I wasn't going to, but since I forced and end to the shopping quickly, and it's just bags, I'll allow it this once. In the future, you will not be able to buy things after seeing what dungeons you'll be going to.

((Can I possibly use my summoning spells to control undead instead of bringing to life new ones?))
No, but you may learn such spells, either on level-up or after convincing Irony to build a library.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2014, 04:37:53 pm »

Goblin dungeon vote.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2014, 09:47:24 pm »

PTW

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2014, 09:49:42 pm »

Barthold the wise and crotchety suggests you go for the undead dungeon, so you don't end up killing yourselves.

He also sets about finding some arms merchants.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2014, 09:52:34 pm »

"I'm wary of that ice magic, but knowing right where the exit is could be a great boon. I'd still rather leave the decision to those who are actually going, but if I must I'll throw a vote for the... undead."

Tiebreaking only undead vote. Abstain otherwise.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2014, 03:36:04 pm »

Undead/Ice Mage dungeon locked in.

Have some graphics while you wait.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2014, 05:54:24 pm »

Hah, suit yourself with re-spelling Teirra's name each time you forget it. It's fine, but I sincerely hope that when (if?) I reach 5th level, you'll already be proficient at copy-pasting it  ;)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20