Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)  (Read 25246 times)

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
Re: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2014, 12:44:39 am »

Since Nebrar doesn't have anyhting to work with yet, he will search for explosive ingredients, especially deposits of nitre / sulfur. For now, simple ones will do. Red-yellow flowers or spicy herbs, maybe?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 03:25:22 pm by EagleV »
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2014, 12:54:53 am »

Any preferences for Boldbold the Kobold, Oh Glorious Leader?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2014, 01:06:22 am »

I can use some zombie workers to put foundations for future buildings and other manual work. Obviously, leader permission and materials are needed.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2014, 01:45:32 am »

Well, if you ever need rubble/ruins/dirt out of the way quickly, I'm your man. But I'm guessing that's not needed yet.
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2014, 02:42:36 am »

Any preferences for Boldbold the Kobold, Oh Glorious Leader?
I would loosely assume breeding weasels for money will be more profitable than finding work elsewhere, and I would think getting us a bit more cash would be a good default goal.

Since you've already got your crafting station, I suppose you could also try looking for weaselfood to get yourself a better mount. I suspect that's the kind of thing you're going to need to cough up coins for to acquire in any reasonable number of turns, though.

I can use some zombie workers to put foundations for future buildings and other manual work. Obviously, leader permission and materials are needed.
Which is a problem because we're probably not going to be building anything until after the first dungeon. You'll probably want to just get a real job until then, unless crafting can be done without the right building for it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2014, 05:45:17 am »

Which is a problem because we're probably not going to be building anything until after the first dungeon. You'll probably want to just get a real job until then, unless crafting can be done without the right building for it.

I think it was stated that crafting place is severely limited for now. So, without building something... No.

Try to earn some coin for giving lectures to first year Magic Academy students.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2014, 06:05:05 am »

Search for magical weasel herbs (that feels so strange to type).
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2014, 03:11:02 pm »

Since Nebrar doesn't have anyhting to work with yet, he will search for explosive ingredients, especially deposits of nitre / sulfur.
My original plan for alchemy was combining two symbolic reagents (phoenix feather and powdered ruby would work out to a fairly powerful fire concoction) with a tier n power reagent, and an optional effect reagent (something to make it burn longer, explode bigger, or stick to the target). This would hopefully keep you powerful until the end game, and give you plenty of utility, although you would need to spend fairly significant time between dungeons just keeping yourself armed.

Is this acceptable, or do you want something that involves less symbolism?

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2014, 03:21:56 pm »

That would be great, and sounds like it leaves lots of room for experimenting with effects, which makes it even better. I'll change my action slightly.
*WHACK*

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2014, 03:59:19 pm »

Nil and Chaun begin searching the nearby town for a store selling bags. Nil leads the way into a leatherworker's shop, but the only remaining bags are very well used and full of holes. Most of the goods are in a similar state. The propritor apologizes and claims that leather imports have gotten really expensive.

They wander around, and have nearly given up hope when Chaun senses a clothworker's shop that generally caters to the upper-middle class. They have one exquisitely crafted silk bag embroidered with real gold. It looks particularly durable. Unfortunately, Nil is carrying the money.

Barthold finds a bulk supplier for food. They'll sell 50 non-perishable rations for 15g. (3g per ten pack. Not a great deal, but decent.)

Nebrar finds a patch of wild spicey peppers growing only a few minutes away from the guild hall. They won't make particularly powerful potions, but he shouldn't be in any danger of running out.

Boldbold finds a merchant selling a good range of useful supplies for exotic animals, at excellent prices.

Alice earns 2g. Marks earns 3g. Sarrak earns 4g.

Spoiler: Bag Store (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Exotic pet supplies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nearby Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guild Stockpiles (click to show/hide)

Shopping turn: Buy what you will, from any discovered shop. Shopping is generally a free action. Since the only pressing thing is the bag shop, I hope to have you choose the dungeon in a few hours. It would be wise to grab the Scrolls of Return out of the guild stockpile. One person may carry up to five, and may use them on others.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2014, 04:04:08 pm »

Buy two Weasel treats to help grow the Weasels!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2014, 04:38:39 pm »

So, four cheap bags for maximum loot return rate?
Nebrar buys nothing for himself, but will assist in carrying bags if needed. He will also chew on a spicy pepper and offer some to his guildmates.
*WHACK*

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2014, 05:14:03 pm »

Hm. Possibly, though to be perfectly honest I'd be surprised if we ended up filling more than a couple. Plus didn't Nirur say Chaun's three gold slots were loot slots? We've got 1.5 loot slots on any mission he's on anyway.

Speaking of which, I think our first mission should be all four of our level 1s. This might be a bit risky, but with scaling challenges hopefully nothing they can't handle. If successful, it'll also make everyone but our dwarf level 2, which is a great place to start, I'd say.

The other downside, of course, is that they'll be both squishy and only really able to use 2 battles for leveling purposes before returning. We'll be relying on checkpoints, so obviously that might not happen anyway, but it will probably tend to push the mission towards brief and therefore not tremendously profitable.

Finally, I still want to conserve gold. The 15g for 50 rations thing sounds like a good deal to me, since that should last us through five dungeons. We'll need 10g to operate the gate. That leaves 12g in normal guild funds, which we'd want to save in case we make less than 10g from our first run, and 25g of Chauner's, which we might still want to hold onto in case two missions go sour.

Overall, I'm fine with buying one or two bags, especially if someone specifically wants them, but I don't think a full set is a good idea, especially since a bag 50% larger would presumably only cost twice as much. If we needed that many slots, we'd probably want to go for the upgrade.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2014, 05:40:53 pm »

I'd like to put my own character sheet up for possible recruitment once people start dropping like flies.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 05:10:55 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2014, 06:05:02 pm »

Petition Chaun for capital to begin building trade empire. Not much else to do while we wait, after all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20