Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)  (Read 25251 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)
« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2014, 03:01:45 pm »

((Please remember that frost mage deals 2d2 damage in a 4-hex long cone, and can do so twice a dungeon. At your current and likely foreseeable movespeeds, you're likely to take exactly that.

For reference, here are the current damage calculations, with two entries for Teirra because I'm unsure if total damage is [(Base Damage - Defense) * Multiplier] or [(Base Damage * Multiplier) - Defense]:

25%50%25%
Marks (4/4 HP)1 Dmg2 Dmg3 Dmg
Boldbold (8/8 HP)2.5 Dmg3.75 Dmg5 Dmg
Teirra (Base)(3/3 HP)1 Dmg2.5 Dmg4 Dmg
Teirra (Total)(3/3 HP)0 Dmg1.5 Dmg3 Dmg
Chaun (3/3 HP)2 Dmg3 Dmg4 Dmg

I'm unsure of what to do with fractions, but I believe Nirur earlier said to always round up. As you can see, a single well-placed cone has the low but very real potential to one-shot half the party. Then the skeletons move in and/or they get to fire again. The only advantage here would be that they might not be willing to fire on their own skellies, but given that you're slow, the skellies only take an average of one damage, and the skellies aren't exactly weak themselves, I would strongly recommend not counting that as too much of an edge.

In fact, I would strongly recommend you flee north frantically and immediately. It'll take you three turns assuming a mad dash with no regard to the skeleton in your way, which would open one of you up to being one-shot in a different manner but prevent any skellies from catching you otherwise. The alternative is by my calculations being beaten to death.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 28, 2014, 03:33:34 pm »

((Yeah, I'd reccomend fleeing north, then attempting to circle round or something. Considering that all enemies have 1 mag resist. Also remember that you've got an ice mage corpse, and that one of you is a necromancer with the ability to raise zombies. If nothing else, that zombie could buy more time.))
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2014, 03:40:33 pm »

((Well, if we stick as a group, I can oneshot ice mages with venom from a safe distance. 6 hexes vs 4 hexes, respectively. Also, magic has a nifty bonus/malus - one can't move and cast in one turn. So, if mages come close to me - they simply die. The problem? Skeletons and the same thing about being unable to move while casting. Enemies can (and will) try to come from both sides, piling up bodies and proposing mages as acceptable casualties.

If I'm not mistaken, two skeletons can finish anyone from our group with some luck. And there would be much more than a two. Perhaps we can kill them off by making a defensive line while attacking and opting for attacks of opportunity.

Raising zombies can be fun, will try on second turn.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2014, 03:43:03 pm »

((Oh yes, I'd actually meant to say something about that, because I don't actually want this to turn into a TPK.))

On his way back to the guild cottage, a shady looking human female outside a wagon stops Nil.

"You .. This is much darkness in your future. Yet you can prevent it. Come, see for yourself." She motions Nil towards her table. On it is a crystal ball. "Gaze into the orb. These people are friends, yes? They are marked for death. I can send them a brief message, if you wish to try to save them."

"Free, this first time only. I am new here, and there are too many frauds. I am not."

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 28, 2014, 03:48:26 pm »

((BTW, my "Serpent Venom" works on the same turn or on the second one, giving enemy a chance to counterstrike?))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 28, 2014, 03:52:35 pm »

Hmm. Poison usually takes effect at the start of a turn, so I guess I'll stick with that, and have it take effect just before the poisoned character can do anything.

For reference, here are the current damage calculations, with two entries for Teirra because I'm unsure if total damage is [(Base Damage - Defense) * Multiplier] or [(Base Damage * Multiplier) - Defense]:
The latter.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 03:54:40 pm by Nirur Torir »

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 28, 2014, 04:14:55 pm »

Scratch last action.

Move North then northeast for my two hexes, and shoot the northern skeleton with my bow.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 28, 2014, 04:59:13 pm »

((Oh yes, I'd actually meant to say something about that, because I don't actually want this to turn into a TPK.))

On his way back to the guild cottage, a shady looking human female outside a wagon stops Nil.

"You .. This is much darkness in your future. Yet you can prevent it. Come, see for yourself." She motions Nil towards her table. On it is a crystal ball. "Gaze into the orb. These people are friends, yes? They are marked for death. I can send them a brief message, if you wish to try to save them."

"Free, this first time only. I am new here, and there are too many frauds. I am not."
"...oh dear...

Yes, I would very much like to send them a message. 'Run faster, circle around.' If this works, I will certainly keep your services in mind for the future."

See if I can keep watching them. Once they're safe, dead, or otherwise out of my vision, go make some more money.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 28, 2014, 10:38:39 pm »

((i got a question , if someone died will they be replace at the end of the dungeon or can another person juast appear as a wandering man and join the team?))
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 28, 2014, 11:28:44 pm »

((As new players begin as candidates for the guild, obviously, they can only be replaced at the end of the dungeon, with leader choosing replacements.))

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 28, 2014, 11:36:08 pm »

"Boldbold hate this place so much. Boldbold think this terribad idea."
Boldbold heads three hexes straight NE.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 11:41:00 pm by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 28, 2014, 11:45:12 pm »

Shaking his head, Chauner says nary a word, moving a single hex northward.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2014, 04:03:38 pm »

Sarrak, are you keeping your action the same?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 29, 2014, 04:13:05 pm »

((As new players begin as candidates for the guild, obviously, they can only be replaced at the end of the dungeon, with leader choosing replacements.))
((Which is kind of a shame, because recruiting locals could be pretty cool.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 29, 2014, 05:21:39 pm »

Sarrak, are you keeping your action the same?

Yes. Although it gets me farther from an exit in perspective, I really don't want to die right now.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20