Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)  (Read 25226 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: The Guild of Random Ruin Explorers (Tactical RPG)
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2014, 06:42:28 pm »

Ok, Boldbold ignore mage, hit skeleton.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2014, 06:55:38 pm »

((Well, I guess that means that people should spread attacks and the like out among targets, only teaming up on the 'boss' enemies or the like. Otherwise.. good luck! Hope the skeletons roll low!))
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2014, 07:43:17 pm »

Chaun advances towards the mage. Working together, he and Teirra utterly destroy him.

Boldbold has his mount leisurely stroll towards a skeleton. {1d6+2=6 - 0 = 6 dealt} An easy double-sweep of his spear dispatches the unnatural foe. ((Your charge skill would have made that a certain kill.))

Marks Deno steps forward and {1d4+2=5 - 0 = 5 damage dealt} destroys his target with similar ease.

The remaining skeleton turns around and tries to stab the leprechaun, who dances away from every strike.

The party makes short work of the remaining skeleton and looks around. Nothing is coming running to investigate the noise they made, but that might not last. Chaun quickly gathers up everything that looks remotely valuable. The skeletons each only had a fairly weak looking knife, their shields being worthless and rotted through, while the robed guy had coins that look to be worth two gold.

The party is north of a ruined castle. The gatehouse seems to be to the southeast, while they might be able to sneak around to the southwest. Their extraction point could be either inside the ruin or south of it. Alternatively, they might be able to find something in the forest.

((Yep, not making you play through a battle turn with as obvious a certain win as "surround last foe."))

Nil earns 2 coins. Alice earns 1 coin.

Neb harvests several spicy peppers, gathering enough to sell. ((Harvesting them for your immediate use may be done freely. After this, harvesting to sell risks destroying the resource from over-harvesting.))

Spoiler: RangerCado (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Harbingerjm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sarrak (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Propman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guild Stockpiles (click to show/hide)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2014, 07:46:19 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 07:59:40 pm by RangerCado »
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2014, 07:58:32 pm »

Move in for the kill with my saber against the final skeloton.
You won. Read the rest of the turn.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2014, 08:00:03 pm »

"North or south guys?"
[/quote]

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2014, 09:18:37 pm »

The blood-spattered frost adept corpse sitting bellow the group's feet acted as a heat sink, degrading the chilly atmosphere somewhat further. Even in death, its eyes wordlessly glared as if the cadaver they belonged to was readying to stand up and fight anew. It gave the spearman the creeps, and he quickly shifted his attention to the meanger loot he had procured. Chauner glanced at the set of knives he grabbed off of the skeletal warriors. Though they were still in a serviceable condition, they had dulled and corroded to the point that they were likely no longer worth their weight in metal. If he were a blacksmith, he would have melted them down and sold them for their worth in scrap, but alas, that was beyond his scope of expertise. Shaking his head, he placed the set of glorified cutlery back into his inventory, standing in attention to his apparent leader.

"Stormin' a castle with our current numbers wouldn't do us much good, lad. If our ticket outta ere' be inside that wretched keep, we best try to sneak by, lookin' fer some sort of hidden entrance. We move north, but keep yarselves out of the line o' site of them walls; who knows what sort o' unholy guardians lie waiting to slaughter those that dare trespass."

Chauner glanced back at the woods behind him.

"However, it could be that they've already been alerted to our presence. If we can lure thar occupants o' the castle out into the fields, we can potentially sneak intah the castle unmolested. It would be a long shot, but movin' into the cover of the woods might be beneficial in that regard."

The leprechaun shrugged.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 09:20:18 pm by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2014, 10:23:00 pm »

So I'm guessing I can't look for more merchants while the party is away?

Darn.

Buy Low
Sell High
???
Profit!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 25, 2014, 01:34:03 am »

"Well, I don't think we have much of a choice here. North or south, battle awaits. But I suggest we firstly eliminate those in gatehouse. Castle occupants won't stab our backs, they would be guarding their place, but gatehouse forces is another matter..."
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 25, 2014, 02:17:51 am »

Find local tailor/clothes seller
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 25, 2014, 03:06:23 am »

I'll have to wait for the next battle to have another real turn, right?

Neb stores his harvest in the guild larder and starts playing with some matches.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 25, 2014, 04:15:47 am »

((Your charge skill would have made that a certain kill.))
((Boldbold only get one use in adventure, yes? Boldbold use in glorious charge against terrible foe, not for 2-hex stroll to dodgy skeleton. Edit: Boldbold realise Boldbold misread. Boldbold feel silly now.))

"Boldbold suggest we sneakysneaky around stone up-warren ruin first, see if we find outplace in open. Then we look at ruin from othersides, see weak spot maybe. Find outplace first thing need doing, then clear area so not swarm us on out-time."

Boldbold moves over to the mage and gives them a kick. "Curse-Cold caster killed good. Chaun Chauner Chaun Chaun want corpse?"
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 25, 2014, 10:20:21 am »

"...What?" Cado has no idea what Bold just said... regardless

"So we avoid the keep for now and go north?"
[/quote]

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 25, 2014, 11:25:19 am »

"Yeah, seems like that..."
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 25, 2014, 01:06:58 pm »

One vote to go around the ruined castle to the southwest, to see if the return point is south of the castle.
One vote to go southeast and clear the gatehouse.
One vote to explore the forest to the north.

Note to self: Do not attempt to write an interactive fiction game without graphical maps.

So I'm guessing I can't look for more merchants while the party is away?
Sorry, I didn't check for actions posted before I started the battle. I'll get your action up from last battle up when I start the next battle. You'll still be able to submit a new action.

Please do not post non-battle actions before I start the battle.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20