Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - GAME OVER! SCUM WIN!  (Read 58778 times)

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have stated my case against Tiruin repeatedly. However, I'm straddling to become more suspicious of you, what with your weak case against me. Let's assume for a minute that despite your belief, I am town. Now, let's extend this assumption.

At the end of yesterday, I was fairly certain I knew who was going to be nk'd, regardless of who the scum actually was. Assuming Jack A T wasn't scum, he was the IC who was the most active, indeed possibly the player who was most active. If he was scum, then the nk would likely have been directed against Tiruin.

So, let's just say I rolled over and got lynched without tying up the vote. Now, I knew you were suspicious of PTDfun, so after I died, along with Jack (I suspected Jack was town, but I wasn't as sure as about PTDfun), you would move to lynch PTD, my primary town suspect. As such,  I moved for a no-lynch to avoid this scenario. Tiruin broke the tie, and the one person I thought was town got killed.

Now, I know at least one of you two is scum. Initially I thought it was Tiru, but I'm starting to suspect you are playing the game more shrewdly than I thought. However, I don't have a firm case against you right now.

So tell me, why do you not believe Tiruin is scum?

Also, on the off chance both of you are scum, you should just both vote me rather than continuing the charade. The other two won't interfere, they're not playing anymore.

Oh, and surgery was bothersome.
1. I don't know what your case on Tiruin is other than that she moved to stop you tying a vote that would save a suspected mafia.  I mean, look at it from her perspective.  She didn't know whether PTDfun was scum or not, but the prevailing view (which I shared) was that PTDfun was the most likely to be scum.  When you jumped in and tied the vote, Tiruin would probably only have seen somebody trying to save a suspected scum.  This is not to say that she was wise or did the right thing or even that she isn't acting scummy. My point is that your actions are suspicious and unwarranted to say the least.
2. OK, so your primary town suspect was PTDfun and you still moved to get him lynched. I guess to save yourself, a confirmed town in your eyes, is not that heinous but it still doesn't add up.
3. I don't think that you can say that you know one of the two of us is scum.  I think it's your behaviour that doesn't add up here.  Heck, it could just be the two lurkers who are letting us duke it out in their absence, but I too think that's extremely unlikely.
4. I just don't think I have any reason to believe she is.  You think she is because of that jump on PTDfun but until that point I thought that he was scum and would have jumped on it too.

Both scum? No. But I would be really annoyed if both you and Tiruin were scum. But that also seems extremely unlikely.

And get well soon!
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile

1. It's not her vote, it's how she wielded it and when she wielded it. But your case is the one that interests me more now.

2. I did not move to get him lynched, I moved to tie the vote so NEITHER of us would die. I was trying to save both of us by placing my vote on him.

3. I know that I'm not scum. You even admitted that the two people who are replacing out (they aren't lurkers, there is a HUGE difference there) are unlikely to both be scum, and as such I know that at least one of you two is scum. It's simple math.

4. If Tiru and I were both scum, we would both vote you and get it over with, because the two other players CAN'T PLAY RIGHT NOW THEY AREN'T LURKING. People replace out because they CAN'T play.

Your case against me appears to be founded in the idea that because you thought PTD was scum, therefore my voting him to prevent myself from being lynched was somehow trying to save HIM. Which is ridiculous, because if I had wanted to save only him I would have just gotten myself lynched. As it was, I was trying to avoid a mislynch in the last hours of the day. AND, I was right about PTD, yet you still think it is scummy that I was trying to "save" him.

What "prevailing view" are you referring to? ONE PERSON (you) was voting PTD before I tied the vote, while TWO were voting for me. Your arguments make absolutely no sense, LARD

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. The way she wielded her vote was logical for someone not knowing that PTDfun was town, as I said. 
2. So you moved to a tie, and she moved it off a tie to someone who looked suspicious. Is that a bad thing?
3. I said it was unlikely, yes, but I think that the probable scum team is you and one of the replacers. Simple math if you take for granted that you are not scum, which I doubt.
4. OK, if you were both scum you could just stomp me, game over, so apparently you're not and it is you and one of the replacers. Or it is tiruin and one of the replacers.

I will give my case on you in points and clearly. I hope you will do the same for Tiruin because for the life of me I can't figure out why you think her behaviour is scummy.
1.  Pushing for a tie. Logical to save oneself, but it just gives the mafia an extra kill that night, placing us at Mylo, where the correct procedure, I believe, is to nolynch again.
2. Attacking someone for logical town behaviour.  You freak out because your plan didn't work and immediately pin suspicion on Tiruin in the morning, where she could just have been acting out of suspicion of PTDfun and a desire to not see the game go to Lylo.
3. No. Your arguments make no sense. You vote me simply because you don't agree with my points but you have neglected to answer my queries as to this one point: Why attack Tiruin for something she was logically entitled to do?

Thank you
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. The way she wielded her vote was logical for someone not knowing that PTDfun was town, as I said. 
2. So you moved to a tie, and she moved it off a tie to someone who looked suspicious. Is that a bad thing?
3. I said it was unlikely, yes, but I think that the probable scum team is you and one of the replacers. Simple math if you take for granted that you are not scum, which I doubt.
4. OK, if you were both scum you could just stomp me, game over, so apparently you're not and it is you and one of the replacers. Or it is tiruin and one of the replacers.

I will give my case on you in points and clearly. I hope you will do the same for Tiruin because for the life of me I can't figure out why you think her behaviour is scummy.
1.  Pushing for a tie. Logical to save oneself, but it just gives the mafia an extra kill that night, placing us at Mylo, where the correct procedure, I believe, is to nolynch again.
2. Attacking someone for logical town behaviour.  You freak out because your plan didn't work and immediately pin suspicion on Tiruin in the morning, where she could just have been acting out of suspicion of PTDfun and a desire to not see the game go to Lylo.
3. No. Your arguments make no sense. You vote me simply because you don't agree with my points but you have neglected to answer my queries as to this one point: Why attack Tiruin for something she was logically entitled to do?

Thank you
1.1: My case is, to repeat for the fifteenth time, NOT that she used her vote.  She posted an hour before day end to gripe about the tie, was on for most of that hour, yet only posted a vote with THREE MINUTES left in the day to prevent me from unvoting to tie it again.  But this has been explained, so I unvoted.
2.1: Not the fact that she moved the tie, when she did it.  Once more, I have unvoted her after she explained things to my current satisfaction.
3.1: You are accusing me of being scum, but have yet to answer any of the questions and implied questions in my previous posts, all of which undermine your entire case.
4.1: This is assuming you are not scum, which I doubt.

1.2: What extra kill?  They don't get two kills because there was no lynch.  Yes, the correct MYLO procedure is to no-lynch USUALLY, but it would also give us more TIME, which we sorely need in this game.  That is what you are not understanding.  It was to save myself so I would have more TIME.
2.2: Logical town behavior of waiting until the last three minutes of the day to vote when you were on before that? That, sir, is logical scum behavior.  Please actually read the cases I present before accusing me based on them.
3.2: No, I vote you because your points make no sense.  I've answered your question twice in this post, thank you.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - Day Two - Replacements needed!
« Reply #364 on: June 17, 2014, 04:54:40 pm »

Votecount:
  • LARD: 4maskwolf (1)
  • 4maskwolf: LARD (1)
  • Deathsword:
  • RangerCado:
  • Tiruin:

Not Voting:Deathsword, RangerCado, Tiruin

RangerCado, Deathsword and 4maskwolf have requested replacement!

The day will end when the majority vote to end the day or votes don't change for 24 hours!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Tiruin, Unvote.

PFP-this game needs more time. my net kills me.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

4maskwolf retracts replacement request.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, on the off chance both of you are scum, you should just both vote me rather than continuing the charade. The other two won't interfere, they're not playing anymore.
I would not do this if I and LARD was scum. Because that cheaps the game, to use crude adjectives for it.
That, and I'm an IC.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - Day Two - Replacements needed!
« Reply #368 on: June 18, 2014, 11:26:48 am »

Votecount:
  • LARD: 4maskwolf (1)
  • Deathsword:
  • RangerCado:
  • Tiruin:

Not Voting:Deathsword, RangerCado, Tiruin

RangerCado and Deathsword have requested replacement.

The day will end when the majority vote to end the day or votes don't change for 24 hours.

Day ends in ~5.5 hours
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 11:29:01 am by MyOwnWorstEnemy »
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

unvote, the day isn't ending this quickly.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day has ended!

Write up will come when I get home.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Naturally, I forgot to vote LARD and continue the day

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Naturally, I forgot to vote LARD and continue the day
*hugs*
I am so sorry 4mask.
For my everything.
Bad net notwithstanding...I should've been better while the time permitted.

Day has ended!

Same to you MOWE. Sorry :X

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With the death of 4maskwolf, the traitors knew they were home free. The remaining two loyalists were disposed of quickly and the key was taken out of Deathsword's cell. The traitors Tiruin and LARD made their way to the main entrance to let the hoard of hunters into the castle. They did not wish to see the result of their betrayal and left while the hunters pursued the Mistress.

The peaceful clan was no more.

Votecount:
  • LARD:
  • Deathsword:
  • RangerCado:
  • Tiruin:

Not Voting: Deathsword, RangerCado, Tiruin

4maskwolf has been lynched! He was a vanilla townie!

The traitors win!

Deathsword/Scripten was the cop. They sent in no actions. There was no jailkeeper, even though I had flavor planned for them and everything... Stupid dice being stupid...

Scum Chat
Dead Chat

Day has ended!

Same to you MOWE. Sorry :X
There's nothing to be sorry for. You did your best to be here and were more active than most.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

CALLED IT!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26