Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - GAME OVER! SCUM WIN!  (Read 58918 times)

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MyOwnWorstEnemy:
RangerCado is voting me, not tn5421.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is no problem in the vote count borno. Look closely.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, my bad. As you were.   :-[

Anyway, now that you're here RangerCado, would you mind responding to my post?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - Day One
« Reply #168 on: May 26, 2014, 08:09:53 am »

RangerCado:
borno: For the tn5421 situation, probably because I wasn't using his anger and frustration as evidence. And thats not buddying to me. To me, thats more stating he thought I had the only somewhat valid case on him.

And not seeing a scummy person is NO reason to not be questioning and hunting people. So yes, my point is valid. So whats your next reason for not questioning others borno?
Uh, yes you did.
-cut irrelevant bits-
You go right ahead and lynch me day one, it doesn't make a bit of difference to me.
...REALLY!? Town shouldn't try to hard to keep themselves, but this is just... WHY!? Vote tn5421.
Your only point against him is something he said... While very angry and frustrated at Jack A T's vote. Also, I believe that it is buddying or perhaps defending?
While I'm attacking someone, I usually focus my attention on them and ask questions to others when I see something scummy. So, that's my reason for not questioning anyone while I was attacking tn5421. I guess that now that I've stopped attacking him, I'll ask questions to others.

Once again, will post more after school.
borno: That was not anger or frustration. That was giving up completely which made me really frustrated. And defending if the attacks are flimsy, or suspicious themselves is usually seen as a continuation of hunting. Can you give a couple examples of this buddying? Cause I really don't see it.

And you may want to work on that, as tunneling someone usually blinds you to what else is going on in the game. Remember there ARE two scum, and the chances of getting them day 1 are generally slim. Your lack of going against others is very worrying to me, as it could mean you were trying to find as much dirt as possible in a short amount of time to rally against a player who for the past 2 days hasn't said much to even attack on. You've been going back and forth with me and Jack for the past while. Why didn't you ask questions of others then?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 26, 2014, 03:37:49 pm »

@Everyone: If I were scum, why would I draw your attention and paint a target on myself?

@darkpaladin109: It's nice of you to finally participate.  What kept you?
Question 1: I guess that's a pretty good point. Yeah, I think that tn451 might not be scum, BUT we'll see if that's true as the game unfolds.
Question 2: Laziness and I had to study for school. Eh, I'd say it's the first more than the second, though.
Kansa: Alright, you have reads.  How do you intend to improve them?  (I strongly recommend asking a few questions)
darkpaladin109: See my question to Kansa.  Also, why nothing about RangerCado?
Question 1, since you want me to answer it: I guess asking questions is a good thing. I'l read the recent replies tommorow and see what questions I can think from that.
Question 2: Eh, I don't think there's anything to point him in either direction yet, at least as far as I see.
Bed soon, so more replies tommorow.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 26, 2014, 04:47:03 pm »

RangerCado:
RangerCado:
borno: For the tn5421 situation, probably because I wasn't using his anger and frustration as evidence. And thats not buddying to me. To me, thats more stating he thought I had the only somewhat valid case on him.

And not seeing a scummy person is NO reason to not be questioning and hunting people. So yes, my point is valid. So whats your next reason for not questioning others borno?
Uh, yes you did.
-cut irrelevant bits-
You go right ahead and lynch me day one, it doesn't make a bit of difference to me.
...REALLY!? Town shouldn't try to hard to keep themselves, but this is just... WHY!? Vote tn5421.
Your only point against him is something he said... While very angry and frustrated at Jack A T's vote. Also, I believe that it is buddying or perhaps defending?
While I'm attacking someone, I usually focus my attention on them and ask questions to others when I see something scummy. So, that's my reason for not questioning anyone while I was attacking tn5421. I guess that now that I've stopped attacking him, I'll ask questions to others.
borno: That was not anger or frustration. That was giving up completely which made me really frustrated. And defending if the attacks are flimsy, or suspicious themselves is usually seen as a continuation of hunting. Can you give a couple examples of this buddying? Cause I really don't see it.
No, he gave up because of his anger/frustration. He even says in a later post, 'if you're stupid enough to lynch me, you lose my support'. Doesn't sound what someone feeling happy would say. And no, I wasn't speaking about him defending himself.
@Kansa: He was attempting to panic the townsfolk, which is an action that primarily advances the scum wincon.  I don't see the need to defend myself at this point in the game, as the people that are voting me are doing so for mainly nonsensical reasons.  Except for RangerCado, I think.
Highlighting the buddying bit. There was absolutely no reason for him to say that. It's not something to vote you about straight away, but it certainly requires looking into if he flips scum.
And you may want to work on that, as tunneling someone usually blinds you to what else is going on in the game. Remember there ARE two scum, and the chances of getting them day 1 are generally slim. Your lack of going against others is very worrying to me, as it could mean you were trying to find as much dirt as possible in a short amount of time to rally against a player who for the past 2 days hasn't said much to even attack on. You've been going back and forth with me and Jack for the past while. Why didn't you ask questions of others then?
Of course. That doesn't mean that I can't try, though. I don't really go after anyone else, because there is nothing else to go after. People are as lurky as a catfish in here. Also, I've stopped tunnelling tn5421 now, as detailed here:
tn5421, since you continue to refuse to defend yourself, I'll just leave my vote here until you prove to me that I can take it off.
darkpaladin109:
@Everyone: If I were scum, why would I draw your attention and paint a target on myself?

@darkpaladin109: It's nice of you to finally participate.  What kept you?
Question 1: I guess that's a pretty good point. Yeah, I think that tn451 might not be scum, BUT we'll see if that's true as the game unfolds.
Question 2: Laziness and I had to study for school. Eh, I'd say it's the first more than the second, though.
Kansa: Alright, you have reads.  How do you intend to improve them?  (I strongly recommend asking a few questions)
darkpaladin109: See my question to Kansa.  Also, why nothing about RangerCado?
Question 1, since you want me to answer it: I guess asking questions is a good thing. I'l read the recent replies tommorow and see what questions I can think from that.
Question 2: Eh, I don't think there's anything to point him in either direction yet, at least as far as I see.
Bed soon, so more replies tommorow.
That's really not good enough. Hopefully you'll make it up with your big post tomorrow, but the way you're going you're becoming scummier by the second.
Everyone: Please, post more! Could we perhaps get prods on the people not posting?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile

To borno: I really don't think personally that tn5421 was buddying rangercado, if they were buddies why would rangercado accuse tn5421 in the first place?
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile

borno: My questions, please.  Also, a quick note: while I responded to Kansa's question to you with general IC advice, do answer his question.  This specific situation is worth seeing your thoughts on.

To borno: I really don't think personally that tn5421 was buddying rangercado, if they were buddies why would rangercado accuse tn5421 in the first place?
Kansa: That's not what we tend to mean by "buddying."  "Buddying" basically refers to attempts to cozy up to a player, making that player both more friendly to the buddier and easier to convince.

Regarding the question you're asking, scum accusing scum is something that happens.  It's called bussing (throwing one's partner under the bus), and it's done both to distance the scum from each other and to look more like town.  People who push a scum lynch tend to be seen as more town-like, so sometimes a scumteam member will try to push a lynch of their partner.
Scum rarely lynches their own Day 1 in this setup, as the loss is too great this early.

I strongly recommend trying to figure out some more questions and trying to improve your reads significantly, and figuring out someone to vote for.  High activity is also recommended.  Day 1 ends in a couple days.

MyOwnWorstEnemy: In about an hour, Fniff will hit the 48 hour warning threshold.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To Jack A T: Ah ok then I misunderstood, thank you for the explanation on both counts.

I am trying to figure out more questions, it's just difficult to think of that many that don't just seem pointless though.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am trying to figure out more questions, it's just difficult to think of that many that don't just seem pointless though.
Kansa: Can you give an example of one of the seemingly pointless questions you came up with?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kansa: Can you give an example of one of the seemingly pointless questions you came up with?

Jack A T:
A specific example of one of these questions would be. Why darkpaladin109 has only asked one question since this thread started? However many other people have already pointed out his inactivity and it seems pointless to ask another question about it when it has already been poked from so many sides. Though as I've already posted it here I might as well ask it

darkapaladin109: Why have you only asked one question since this thread started? You've made few posts to respond to this thread and even in the ones the only question you asked was in the first one.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kansa: Thing is, that's not quite pointless.  While not the most useful question, it does add to the pressure on darkpaladin to act, and it focuses attention on a specific aspect of his inactivity beyond just low content.  It also shows everyone that you have your eye on darkpaladin.

It's somewhat redundant, and you should try to avoid excessive redundancy, but it has some use.  Writing absolutely pointless questions about the game is actually pretty hard.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - One Spot Left!!
« Reply #177 on: May 26, 2014, 10:18:00 pm »

Votecount:
  • darkpaladin109: Jack A T (1)
  • borno: tn5421, RangerCado (2)
  • Fniff:
  • Scripten:
  • tn5421: borno (1)
  • RangerCado:
  • Kansa:
  • Jack A T:
  • Tiruin:

Not voting: Tiruin, Kansa, Scripten, darkpaladin109

Day ends Wednesday at 7 pm EST
There are no more extends available for today!

Scripten is up for replacement.
fniff has been prodded

MyOwnWorstEnemy: In about an hour, Fniff will hit the 48 hour warning threshold.
Thanks for all of the assistance! I hope my inexperience isn't too annoying...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Sorry, but I'm afraid I'd like a replacement. This game is a bit too advanced for me.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr (PARTIALLY NSFW)

That's a shame >.<
[21:23:48] <GhostFrog> bdsm is always more fun with a restraining order
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.

Mafia Dossier: MafiaScum Wiki - tn5421
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26