Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: [INSECTS] - Swarm Race Ideas  (Read 16446 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: [INSECTS] - Swarm Race Ideas
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2014, 05:13:11 pm »

Dark5pawn: IndigoFenix described exactly that (animal armor from gnomes), 5 posts above you. :D

And foreign items can still be equipped. I cant enable/disable this, thats hardcoded.

You could change the size of them until they're too big/small for any of the invader's clothing. There's a new thread in the adventure mode discussion about how the system works that could help.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2014, 05:15:33 pm »

Thats an old discussion. ^^ Yes, I could, but then they are either very small or very large... and I already have both, with gnomes/kobolds being small and frost giants being rather large.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2014, 05:28:29 pm »

I hate to be that guy, but there's surely a way to make a script so that non-race armor can't be equipped.

Looking at item flags, there's a "maker_race" flag that could be used to check if it's not from the insect race, and I'm pretty sure there's SOMETHING that could be done to make items unequippable, even if that's changing their subtype or something.

Edit: Hmm, you can even just change the maker race to determine whether it's too small or not.

Could just change all non-race equipment to have been made by a rabbit or something.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 05:48:18 pm by omniclasm »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2014, 06:03:25 pm »

That would be great. A race that cant use items used by other civs. Thats new :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

sonofperturabo

• Bay Watcher
  • you can never have enough fortifications
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2014, 05:07:32 pm »

created a reaction to turn corpses into biomass, and also a material template for biomass. enjoy :)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

here is my change log for the last two days:

iron within, iron withouth

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2014, 06:03:10 pm »

These dont work at all.  :-\

The reagent wouldnt use corpses, since they dont have a reaction class. The product is wrong, there is no ORGANIC item type in the game. You also have no container in the reagents, but want to force the product into a container, which doesnt exist. And you try to make 150 boulders, since you added a product dimension to it. Twice even, for the slime boulders as well.

The [EDIBLE_VERMIN][EDIBLE_COOKED][MEAT][IMPLIES_ANIMAL_KILL][ROTS] tags on your material template dont have any effects, because it depends on item type, not the material. A boulder of biomass, even with the meat and edible and rotting tags, will never be used in meals, rot away or be edible.

sonofperturabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2014, 09:08:41 pm »

:-[ i believe you may be wrong about corpses, since i based this reaction off of the dwarven crematory. also, i did not plan on biomass being edible on its own, and create a separate reaction to turn it into food. finally, i did in fact make a biomass material, but i forgot to post it. here it is.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2014, 09:13:07 pm »

You had ORGANIC:BIOMASS, instead of INORGANIC:BIOMASS.

About the corpses: Mh... semi-correct. Thats an unused reaction that worked with itemcorpses. Which are not used in the mod anymore. This: [REAGENT:A:1:CORPSE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT] will accept corpses and bodyparts from killed enemies.

Sorry that I sounded so negative at first.  :-\

sonofperturabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2014, 10:10:44 pm »

no problem Meph

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2014, 02:13:17 am »

I am just going to leave this here.

Edit:Although this one also looks pretty rad:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 02:17:42 am by Meph »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2014, 03:51:04 am »

The simplest way to make them unable to use foreign clothing is to just make them a different size than everyone else.
If we go with the altering body materials idea, they can even forego traditional weapons in favor of altering the material of their mandibles.  But they would still need tools for digging and woodcutting.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2014, 04:23:52 am »

The simplest way to make them unable to use foreign clothing is to just make them a different size than everyone else.

I think the argument was that they would either have to be much smaller than gnomes or much larger than frost giants for the size thing to work naturally.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2014, 05:01:44 am »

I think the argument was that they would either have to be much smaller than gnomes or much larger than frost giants for the size thing to work naturally.

If I recall correctly, sizes are pretty inflexible.  I'm not sure what the leeway is exactly but I do know that gnomes can't wear kobold clothes (sizes 15000 and 30000 respectively).  I'd say there's a nice unoccupied spot somewhere between kobolds and dwarves, say, size 45000.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2014, 05:25:50 am »

Thats still just a soft fix though.

It would have to mean no future races or anything could be the same size or it would break the race thematically. With like dwarves, orcs, kobolds, whatever it doesn't matter that much because they are all bipedal with four limbs...but with an insect race you kind of want no condition where the race might potentially be able to use another races equipment.

Theres probably a more elegant way of doing it than making all dropped equipment into rabbit sized gear but yeah.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2014, 02:07:52 pm »

Hmm... well, you can prevent them from equipping helmets and pants by creating a unique body plan that doesn't technically have a lower body or head.  This does mean that they will be able to survive without a head.  Then again... so do cockroaches :P
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11