Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: Miasmatic. (Plot!)  (Read 24046 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Miasmatic. (Wraith!)
« Reply #180 on: June 21, 2014, 11:51:10 pm »

"Now then. Tell me h- So, lets get a few things straight here so I don't need to explain how this nonsense works to you several times. I can directly pick up your mental impulses, you don't Need to speak to me in order for me to know what you want to ask, that's how bindings work, it's also how you get mindless constructs to do stuff, speaking is unnecessary. And just because I am bound to you does Not mean I have to subject myself to getting beaten over the head by a artifact that leeches magical energy. I am not under a perfect Greater Binding and therefore am allowed to put self preservation first. Getting beaten with a leeching artifact has a good chance of dispelling the binds that keep my spirit tethered to the mortal realms, and I have no interest in going back to the aether. So no smacking me.

Now as for the gems, I am the only one still bound to this plain. I ate the rest of them so I could last longer, I mean seriously, I have been sitting in that bowl for several hundred years without any influx of energy. They are just normal jewels now, although they are rather high quality and could be easily infused with magical energy and not break.

Now as to if I am under your control, yes, I am, I am required to follow all reasonable orders but am allowed to decline to follow orders that are highly likely to get me banished. If you want me to go kill everyone in a town? Sure! I could use the lifeforce, I'm running rather low and it isn't likely to get me banished. Want me to go raid a chapel with no support? Not gonna happen, sorry, attacking a enclave of priests as a tier one spectral entity with no support whatsoever is very likely to get me banished, if not a absolute certainty. Now if I was a tier five spectral entity, which by the way would involve me eating a good several hundred people or getting a massive amount of magical energy. But by that point a basic binding would be insufficient, you would need a greater binding to get this level of control or some sort of deal that makes me want to continue working with you. Course by the time you are capable of that level of magical energy influx or killing a bunch of villages just for the sake of getting an extremely strong spectral entity as a minion, you should be more then capable of providing a deal or using a greater binding.

Anyways, questions?

Sorry, I've had to explain something that like twelve times before, I've been around for a while and I'm getting really sick of having to repeat myself... Maybe I should write it down or something? Probably will get around to it eventually.

Spoiler: Status: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment/Inventory: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Visible: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells: (click to show/hide)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Miasmatic. (Plot!)
« Reply #181 on: June 22, 2014, 12:42:06 am »

"Wow, you are nothing if not thorough, tell you what, I'll make that deal right now, I use my handy dandy corporeal body to find you sources of life force to nibble on at your leisure, and you pull my bacon out of the fire every so often while I try to figure out this magic book nonsence and go on adventures across the land, sound good?"
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2014, 12:44:25 am »

"Wow, you are nothing if not thorough, tell you what, I'll make that deal right now, I use my handy dandy corporeal body to find you sources of life force to nibble on at your leisure, and you pull my bacon out of the fire every so often while I try to figure out this magic book nonsence and go on adventures across the land, sound good?"

+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2014, 08:19:52 am »

+1
+2

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2014, 09:27:42 am »

+1
+2
No metaphors though. Metaphors never lead to anything good in demonic bonds.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2014, 10:05:42 am »

+1
+2
No metaphors though. Metaphors never lead to anything good in demonic bonds.

Ask if there are societies that will like us? Or will everyone call the inquisition after us.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 03:38:28 pm by 3man75 »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 23, 2014, 04:53:17 am »

((Part of a little story bit from another character's perspective that I wrote last week in the case of being unable to update due to lazy or tired.))

Prologue: Desolation.

The dry, wind howled across the blackened wasteland. The scent of smoke and burnt meat drifting in its wake. The ruins of a once proud city squat haphazardly on a desolate hill. The charred corpses of men and machine lay tossed about as if they were toys, broken and discarded by a vengeful child.
   If anyone was listening, they would hear the sound of a spade hitting the rocky soil, the occasional grunt from exertion, a heavy panting, and occasional interludes of sobbing against the howling of the winds,
   If anyone chose to investigate this, they would find a young boy, nearing their teens, clothes and skin blackened by the ashes of men and their creations. Crying silently and as he digs a shallow grave, the corpse of a wizened old man laying beside the hole. In death the left half of the old man’s head appears to have been crystalized. If an observer chose to examine the crystal, they would have noticed that it glowed slightly blue and appeared to have a blackish fog floating within it. From the way them old man’s body is contorted, one can tell that he died slowly and painfully.
   The boy finishes digging and puts down his shovel. Tears streaming down his cheeks, he quietly sobs. “Master Nelvun..”
   The boy kneeled next to the corpse before he whispering. “Their temples will be stained crimson Master.”
   He then pushed the corpse into the narrow trench he dug, closing its eye. “I’ll resurrect you when I can..”
   “Good bye Master.” The boy whispered as he stood.
   The boy bent over to grab the shovel before righting himself. He walked to the pile of rocky soil slowly began burying the old withered corpse.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 23, 2014, 10:26:50 am »

For those following Nevlum also left a note for us about our world, an gave us warnings about priests who don't like magic ppl.

Or it could be another Nevlum!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Miasmatic. (Wraith!)
« Reply #188 on: June 27, 2014, 07:33:33 pm »

That was... Very thorough. Yes, yes it was. ...Aaanyways, how about I make you a deal right now to save us the trouble later,? I'm listening. You help me with various things, possibly related to killing, and provided you aren't given specific orders otherwise, you can nom on the lifeforce of whatever I say is a target for you. Good enough for me to not kill you instantly if I break free from you, however the terms will be open for renegotiation should I break free from your control... Deal. Good.

Spoiler: Status: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment/Inventory: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Visible: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells: (click to show/hide)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 27, 2014, 07:47:47 pm »

Now then, help me find a way out of here, keep a lookout for any safe food or drink, and protect me in the event of any emergency.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 27, 2014, 08:11:54 pm »

Now then, help me find a way out of here, keep a lookout for any safe food or drink, and protect me in the event of any emergency.
Don't forget to grab those delicious gems. We could use them for stuff probably.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 27, 2014, 08:17:28 pm »

Don't forget to grab those delicious gems. We could use them for stuff probably.

+1 to both.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 27, 2014, 08:20:58 pm »

+1 to both.

+1 also ask if he knows why we would be locked in a casket.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 10, 2014, 10:08:33 am »

+1 to both.

+1 also ask if he knows why we would be locked in a casket.
We should probs inspect that skelebum. Might give us some insight as to how it works.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2014, 11:09:59 am »

That too.

GM is this still going on?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17