Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Miasmatic. (Plot!)  (Read 24080 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Miasmatic. (Plot!)
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2014, 01:57:17 pm »

After considering calling yourself four somewhat strange names that feel like they were from another place and time, you are struck with inspiration. You will be Rala Cavaras... You like the sound of that. Who knows, it might have been your original name. Too bad you can't remember though.

You then decide it's high time you leave the room. You unbar the door, and push it open, a metal grinding sound can be heard as it slowly gives way. You can see a long, long tunnel, carved into the earth, your torchlight only provides vision for about fifteen feet, you however can make out the shape of the tunnel for a good mile, you're pretty sure it isn't normal for humans to have that level of vision in this kind of darkness... You can't see anything moving in the dark, but you can see several side passages further on. You mentally curse at the writer of the note for forgetting to give you a map.

Spoiler: Status: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment/Inventory: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Visible: (click to show/hide)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2014, 02:13:20 pm »

Go forward and make sure to be as quite as possible while keeping our ears open. If we hear movement then see if we can find a rock or something to help fight if need be but our priority is to get out and find FOOD.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2014, 02:37:33 pm »

Avoid fighting with the construct thingamajigs, dodge and weave!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2014, 02:47:16 pm »

Go forward and make sure to be as quite as possible while keeping our ears open. If we hear movement then see if we can find a rock or something to help fight if need be but our priority is to get out and find FOOD.
+1
Also inspect ourself to figure out what race we are.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2014, 03:01:15 pm »

+1
((I believe the command you are looking for is: Be a dhampyr.))
Take a closer look at this text!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2014, 03:05:28 pm »

((Update'll be in half an hour or so, slightly busy. Race is preselected for story purposes.))

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2014, 03:50:16 pm »

+1
((I believe the command you are looking for is: Be a dhampyr.))

Why would being half-undead result in possessing a fluffy tail?

Admire your fluffy tail and wonder if that is normal.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2014, 03:51:24 pm »

Why would being half-undead result in possessing a fluffy tail?

Admire your fluffy tail and wonder if that is normal.
((I was being slightly less than half of the left of serious, you know?))
((And we could be a half-vampire half-thingywithfluffytail?))
((Except we can't because predetermined race.))

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2014, 03:57:31 pm »

((Or a fluffy-tailed beast gone all vampire-like.))
I make Spellcrafts!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2014, 04:08:29 pm »

((were a trap  :P))

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2014, 04:09:22 pm »

((Check the first page, yo.))

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2014, 04:12:55 pm »

((Check the first page, yo.))
((dosen't :p mean kidding around here?))

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2014, 04:37:08 pm »

((Usually, yes, but that doesn't prevent us from deciding you're being serious anyway.))
I make Spellcrafts!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2014, 05:44:30 pm »

You inspect yourself, your hair is light brown, almost hazel, down to a bit past the shoulders, the tips of it are a vivid electric blue, you can't see your ears but they probably follow a similar pattern. You admire your brown fluffy tail, it is the same color pattern as your hair, it's tipped with electric blue, quite fetching if you do say so yourself. Could use a good brushing though.

You're pretty sure you have fangs, pointy sharp teeth, no molars or incisors, you guess you may be primarily carnivorous although you may or may not be able to eat plants, you don't know. You can't see your eyes so no idea about that. You have pale white skin, looks human besides the fact that you can't seem to find a blemish, or even a freckle. Bit on the short side, somewhere between 5'4 and 5'6 you estimate.

You appear to have what qualifies as retractable claws, not super long, but definitely sharp.

You can't recall any racial names beyond Human, so you have no clue what your race is.

Your investigations over, you put your robe back on and begin creeping forward cautiously, you don't see anything of importance until you get to the first side passage, when you look in it, you see a complete human skeleton standing in the middle of the tunnel, looking directly at you. You hear a slight crackling noise and dust coated ancient brittle bones begin moving once more. It is walking towards you slowly with a heavy limping gait as if it isn't fully in control of its body, you probably could outrun it if you tried, maybe even try fighting it, it isn't armed as far as you can tell, but it is clearly undead and you don't quite recall how to disable them. As it approaches, your book glows faintly purple.

Spoiler: Status: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment/Inventory: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Visible: (click to show/hide)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2014, 05:46:10 pm »

Examine the book, but prepare to kick this silly skeleton in the legs!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17