Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any good drawer/designer that would like to help a starting YouTuber?  (Read 1083 times)

AngelXDv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello there! I went to Reddit, at /r/freedesign, but I believe the task is pretty hard and now people mostly work with minimalist logos, which I don't really like for what I am trying to make. Unfortunately, I am 0 at graphic designing, so I was wondering if somebody here would like to do it for me? Also, I don't really have any ways of paying* so you can sign yourself on the art and avatar if you'd like to.

*I have some spare games, so if you are a PC Gamer and you find anything interesting from this list: War of The Human Tanks, Paranormal, Planets Under Attack, Overcast: Walden and the Werewolf, Driftmoon, Deadly 30 or Savant: Ascent, do tell me.

This is the link to the post on Reddit, if you'd like to read it there.

Now, I'll copy+paste the text from Reddit, because it's pretty late in my country and there are lots of instructions:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tell me about your company:

I originally didn't take YouTube seriously and I made a few videos, but now I really want to start doing videos regularly, and I'd like to do a makeover for my YouTube channel, because it looks awful.

On my YT I want to discuss philosophy and life lessons as well as my own views about the world. I don't really know what I could tell you about my YouTube channel... Here is a link, so you can see some of my videos and see what I am talking about https://www.youtube.com/user/akiratoons/videos . (as you can see, I am zero at designing).

I am different because I try to apprehend as many subjects as I can, and I am trying to teach valuable life lessons.

I am still young and I have lots to learn also, so we could learn from one another (me and the viewers).

About marketing... Umh... YouTube? Also through Facebook and Twitter.

Goals and objectives

To make a channel art for YT, here is the help page on Google https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2972003?hl=en .

Now then, I'd really like if you could put in the text and logo safe area the text "Something new every Sunday" (or something similar). Also, don't take inspiration from my actual channel art, because I don't really like it and I don't like the "Welcome to the funhouse" text.

Except that, for the channel art I don't know what I could recommend. I would like it to represent change and also with nature in it or maybe many ideas and questions floating in the background and in the foreground something that would represent a brilliant idea, like when you search for a solution for a long time and you finally find it.

I want the avatar, if you can, to look like a man sitting on grass and thinking under a tree. He should look philosophical, like pondering an idea. Something like this, with the man under it http://www.wallpaperscastle.com/uploads/2013-07/middle_img/summer-green-tree-nature-desktop-wallpaper-598x336.jpg

Here is the avatar instructions https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2976309?hl=en

A thing which I find very important: I am an atheist, so no Heaven and Hell kind of stuff or anything related to religion.

You can sign yourself on both the cover and avatar if you want, I have nothing against it.

Thanks a lot! You are the best!

Who is your target audience?

My target audience is anybody who would like to learn something new and share what they've learned in life.

Tone and image: I believe I explained it at the objectives part.

How will success be measured?

YouTube engagement.

Here are some scripts on which I am working right now, so you can understand a little more about the channel and what I do:

...... Look, the point I am trying to make is that we spend too much time regretting, when we could just enjoy our present. They say that you should learn from your mistakes, but never should you let them overcome you. We have so little time, and still, even like that, we waste it regretting the past, when we could enjoy our present. The choice is yours: live in the past and regret your decisions or enjoy the present, look up to the future and smile.

Let me tell you a story. It is the story of the boy who sought love. It all starts in a big city, where the boy is born. There, he sees the love stories of others, but he doesn't have one. He tries and tries, and life goes past him. And then, one day, the boy comes to a realization: you don't need the love of a partner to be happy. He was happy all by himself, doing what he wanted. The boy had finally become a man.

I don't want to die. They say you die twice: once when you die physically and once when the last person that knew you forgot who you were. For now, at least, we have no way of living physically forever, however, through what I do I want to live on forever. I want to inspire, I want to be than just a number. Nobody knows what comes when they die, as much as they'd like to. I just try to make the most of my time here.

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, if anybody good at graphic designing would like to help me, I'd be grateful! Thanks!

EDIT: I also found this picture for an avatar example, but that's way too expensive for what I afford.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:45:18 am by AngelXDv »

AngelXDv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Umh... Bump? Am I allowed to bump on those forums? I'm not sure... If I'm not, sorry.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Eh. It's acceptable-ish. Doesn't really achieve anything if the thread's still on the front page, though.

I'd try one, but I have no idea where my art/design abilities are on a scale of potato to toaster, so...

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

AngelXDv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh. It's acceptable-ish. Doesn't really achieve anything if the thread's still on the front page, though.

I'd try one, but I have no idea where my art/design abilities are on a scale of potato to toaster, so...

Thanks! Everything is welcomed and I bet your skills are better than mine anyways. Also, do tell me if any of the games I mentioned catches your eyes. I don't want to feel like I am asking this for nothing.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 01:51:39 pm by AngelXDv »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Well. This is probably somewhere around 'chicken' on the patented Arx Scale of ArtTM.

It's a 800x800 .png, per Google's recommendation.

I hope someone better does one!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

AngelXDv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:) Thanks for the entry!