Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: looking for sphere themed religious curses/secrets for adventurer mode  (Read 706 times)

Shik

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

i noticed a good portion of the curses/secrets tend to end up on priests of some religion, and being a little bored with the uniformity of the default curses was thinking id like to make a few religious blessings using the MAJOR_CURSE tag that aren't so much curses as some kind of a minor power relating to a sphere or whatatever, but im not too creative so im looking for any ideas.

Mostly thinking id want them to gain the ability to either temporarily bless people or impart some kind of lesser power with a GREETING hint interaction. I also like the idea of various individual secret spells a demon with related sphere might write in a book, but I'm open to any alternatives.

Notes: -the ability to reanimate minions seems to force them out of their civ to try and build a tower
          - NOAGING tag tends to make them into pariahs, most of the time losing their current position in society
          -Secrets tend to go to leaders and curses seem to lean towards religious figures or adventurers/thiefs
          -BLOODSUCKER tag lets you confront civ members with accuse of being night creature conversation option
          -NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER tag seems to boot them out of their civ to set up a lair

So basic the basic categories im thinking of are:
-secret a demon might write in a book granting some kind of individual spell or small group of spells
-secret a civ leader looking for immortality  might get, transform/blessing him or give the ability to impart a blessing
-curse a religious figure might get relating to a sphere thatd give him a blessing he could impart onto travelers
-secrets or curses that act more like the defalt to add diversity to them

for example:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit: its a shame the curses wont line up with the spheres but i guess its okay since most religious figures you run into probably wouldn't know any magic anyway.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 12:08:25 pm by Shik »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Your problem will be that the curses will be in no relation to the sphere. IndigoFenix wants to use the gods for something similar, but he uses dfhack.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::