Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Bloodied: A Dark Detective Fantasy  (Read 5703 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodied: A Dark Detective Fantasy
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2014, 08:47:34 pm »

Alex put her hand on Sam's shoulder, "It's alright. We can get out of this together." She felt horrid for having to lie to her. Fact was that she had no idea if her changes were going to get worse. "Now, do you know what's going on?"

Sam sniffed loudly, wiping the tears with her massive hands, "...I-I came here, to take a patient into protective custody. Some kind of Jane Doe case that came in a day or two ago, I'm not sure how long I've been in here." She started regaining some kind of composure as she tried to recall the details of it all. "She... she went missing along with a bunch of the people watching her. A few squads were called in to help with the search, and after a few hours the place started to look like this. Everything out of place." She cleared her throat, helping her gravelly voice slightly, but it was still pretty bad. "Jim and I got separated together. We were partners before, so working with him seemed like nothing new... Til we found the girl. She was still wearing a patient smock, but her front was covered in blood and her ears... and that thing with her..." Sam went quiet and looked pale, staring forward like a deer in the headlights. "That thing with her... I really don't want to talk about it... It... was huge... and was stitched together like... I don't even know."

Alex didn't want to press what happened to Jim, she could guess based on what she implied. She popped open her sketchbook and pointed at the glyph, "Did the thing have this sign on it?" Sam just nodded in silent trauma. She cleared her throat, "Did you see anyone else? Anyone that changed like you?"

Sam just looked glass-eyed and white, "She... she said she had to clean the hospital... and that I could join in... like I was some kind of child. She said... I'd have to choose before it woke up. She... was taking the people away. Everyone else." Alex wasn't sure how to take what she was saying. Sam seemed scared and a little in shock.

Alex dug into her bag and pulled out $20, a cigarette, and her lighter, "Look, I know you don't smoke, but here's what I owe you, a smoke, and I'll buy you a cup of coffee if we find a machine, okay?" She couldn't help but feel intimidated and unsure of what to do with Sam, but for now she was still a friend. She held out her bad arm to help Sam up, leaving her shooting hand free. A smile crept across Sam's pale face as she took Alex's hand. Damn her grip was firm, but she wasn't hurting her. The exited the bathroom together. She jokingly commented, "Any idea where a lady can get a cup of coffee in here? Coffee machine perhaps?"

Sam practically facepalmed, stopping awkwardly as her hand tapped her protruding teeth, but she seemed to be handling it a bit better than in the bathroom. She pointed to the room just before the bookshelf and the shattered glass. "Just... Don't go through that security door way down there. Please." She motioned past the knick-knack shop at the far end of the hall to the rather firm looking steel door with a rather thin window.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2014, 08:51:29 pm »

Locate coffee machine, avoid the security door.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2014, 09:31:45 pm »

Locate coffee machine, avoid the security door.

How about asking for a way out?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2014, 10:36:59 pm »

The "Like I was a child" is a little... disturbing. As if Sam was an adolescent version of whatever the thing talking to her was. The idea of having to "choose" before "It" woke up means it might mean she's not 100% definitely going to turn into those beasts if that's what "like a child" means, but that is depending on what "it" is, whether "it" is something deeper in the hospital... Or something deeper in Sam.

I want to ask what is in the security door, but... Hm. That can wait, let's get coffee first. :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2014, 09:53:40 am »

PTW, this looks pretty interesting.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2014, 12:16:33 pm »

Alex followed Sam's lead, glass crunching nicely under their shoes as they passed the toppled bookshelf to the large glass windowed door. It was almost like an office within the room, drop ceilings, plain walls, and a series of doors lining the walls, each with a large fake plant beside the doorways. Two doors along the west wall across from them, and three in rapid succession to the south. Large swashes of partially blood pooled the floor around the far right door and all the way to the south doors. One of the large fake plants at the southwest door was tipped and a bloody mark dryly hung on the wall. Just outside the door they walked through was the coffee machine, the blood was mildly unsettling, but Alex inserted a $20 and pressed the button. This place wasn't going anywhere and blood wasn't the most disturbing thing she'd seen here. She handed a cup to Sam, who's Styrofoam cup cried from Sam's grip, nearly popping. "So how much have you explored of this place?" Alex ordered herself some coffee as well before hitting the coin eject option. $12 spat out, and Alex nearly choked on her cheap tasting coffee. Damn, hospital coffee is expensive.

Sam sipped her coffee slowly, "Not much around here. The security door back there was the way I came from and all the doors here are locked." She coughed and looked over towards the blood on the floor further in, "With that said, I didn't see blood in here a couple hours ago." She looked over at Alex worriedly and put a hand on her shoulder, "Look, the front door was locked. If you got in through the side door let's just get out of here."

Alex merely shook her head after downing the last of her terrible coffee. "Can't do it. It closed up behind me." Sam was silent. "We'll have to figure something else out."

Sam sipped the last of her cup and crushed it with ease with one quick pop, "So where to?"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2014, 03:36:49 pm »

Anywhere with a boarded window I guess. We can try to tear through it.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2014, 04:45:04 pm »

Find a window.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2014, 04:01:05 pm »

Yeah, might as well look for a window.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2014, 03:29:54 pm »

Bumping this.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2014, 03:35:25 pm »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2014, 06:53:44 pm »

SoimaBUMP.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]