Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Djohaal plays modded KSP - 64 bits of Jeb - Now on twitch! Mute!  (Read 6293 times)

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart

So I'll dump my new, heavily-modded KSP mission progress here, might try to do some community interaction for deciding next missions, but I dunno atm. Some screenshots of what Derp Aerospace has done so far.

http://www.twitch.tv/djohaal - Twitch channel. No sound because my audio codecs suck.

Partial mod list
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Screenshot of my mods folder (up-to-date)

I call this "The egg". It -almost- has enough energy output to fly indefinitely (the turbine is electric), sadly due to a lack of mechjeb piloting it is quite difficult.

This is Jeb doing a very brave maneuver called "Desperation". After ground control *ahem* accidentally decoupled the engine module on his capsule while still in orbit, our brave kerbonaut manually pushed the capsule towards retrograde with the EVA propellant until atmospheric drag brought it back down.

Our only orbital asset so far is a low-resolution altimetry and kethane detection unit.

Tech tree progress so far, we need a lot of science to unlock more means to make more science. Fortunately with the 2.5m technology a whole new horizon of space missions has opened.

So what should be our next step. A probe to the mun? A (kerballed?) manned landing attempt at minmus? The possibilities are endless.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 06:16:40 pm by Djohaal »
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Djohaal plays modded KSP - 50 Shades of Jeb.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 07:12:08 pm »

1. Send a probe to do a flyby of one or both of the moons.
2. Send a probe to leave kerbal SoI, and head towards some other planet if you feel brave.
3. Have a probe land on whichever moon you'd prefer landing on.
4. Send a kerbal to land on it.
5. ???
6. Profit!

Also, Kerbin kethane isn't terribly useful.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 07:49:41 pm »

Our new target shall be the Mun! First we shall land a probe on it to collect important scientifical data...

Selene 1, however, failed terribly. Namely because I forgot to add panoramic solar panels and left it pointed away from kerbol. Gonna take a few months until the vessel is operational again.

Derp™

Selene II however was far more sucessful.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 08:27:45 pm by Djohaal »
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 08:40:07 pm »

Those magnetometers could be useful for emergency landing stabilizing, it looks like.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 10:38:14 pm »

Something to note for future missions: Mechjeb counts as a probe body, so you don't need that Stayputnik. Probably won't be too enormous of a boost in delta-v but hey, every little bit helps.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 08:31:19 am »

Have a look at Lack Luster Labs. The new release has a stock a like with some nice bits.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 10:20:27 am »

You can get a couple hundred science by just shooting A probe out of Kirbin orbit And just spam science from High over Kerbol.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 12:44:18 pm »

I don't think I can fit lackluster labs on my build. Not enough x32 space. Also I'm considering using people's names as kerbals for my future missions. Volunteers?

I'll not employ a no savescum rule though, since I'm too awful at piloting. Hehe  :P

Also, tadpoles.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 01:49:02 pm »

The LLL stockalike uses stock skins as much as possible.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 03:19:56 pm »

Sure.  Kerbanaut EuchreJack reporting for duty!

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 10:01:50 pm »

Another day, more missions.

After the sucess of Selene II, our kerbal engineers were motivated to keep work on the Urist I launcher design. After much work (3 minutes on ground-side to be exact) the Helios I magnetoscopic mission was assembled.

Also, tadpoles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 11:58:27 am »

I don't think I can fit lackluster labs on my build. Not enough x32 space. Also I'm considering using people's names as kerbals for my future missions. Volunteers?
I'm willing.

Also, what's that part with the leaf on the side from?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 12:43:39 pm »

Sure.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2014, 07:29:33 pm »

So here is the log for Broccoli I mission.

Coming up next is a redesign of Urist II so it can properly launch the lab into orbit for tasty science.

GWG: The tiny part with a symbol on its side is part of the Station Science pack, it has several pre-made modules that are welded vanilla parts (the "lab" looks like it is 3 parts and some ladders, but it is actually a single part, for instance) with new methods of making delicious science.

Also sorry for the potato-quality screenshots, steam is being quite sloppy with the quality, gonna switch to fraps next.

Also, tadpoles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 08:31:55 am »

I like Lightshot, but it's not a good way to get screenshots in the middle of delicate maneuvers.
Sig
Pages: [1] 2 3 4