Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military migrants?  (Read 1480 times)

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
Military migrants?
« on: May 11, 2014, 11:00:46 am »

I checked my dorfs and most of them have military skills even though i never tarined them in anything.

Most of the have skill in a weapon, aromor, shield, dodge. Oddly enough no fighter skills.

I use DFhack and Modest Mod, they shouldnt cause this, also its the first time i see it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Has this happened to any of you?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Military migrants?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 11:19:45 am »

Yep. Dwarves are drawn more often from historical populations, any Dwarves which have seen combat will likely have the skills, kills and scars to accompany it.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 11:26:06 am »

Your dwarf civ has most likely warred in the past or is currently at war with another civ. That's why you get badass vets as migrants. Better armour them up and get an awesome military going. You can fight the gobbos head on once they invade :D
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 11:29:10 am »

The lack of the fighter skill is caused by worldgen's wacky stripped down combat system.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 07:57:08 pm »

I genned a high savage, high beast count world once and every 9/10 migrant dwarves were at least adequate in shield, armour, and a weapon skill.
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 12:02:35 pm »

My current fortress has over half of its immigrants showing up with millitary skills, usually with just a couple of levels in their weapon of choice and a little shield skill etc. I have had two show up as demi-god tier lords of combat. One was an ancient vampire hammer lord and the other was one hell of a marksman/hunter. The cool thing about them is their defensive skills are on par with their weapon expertise which you never see in fortress raised military dwarves.

I should add my world has high savagery and a truly vicious goblin civ I am warring with and some of the immigrants show up with missing body parts.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 12:08:23 pm by Melting Sky »