Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: ⚔DUELING BLADES⚔ - PbP 4v4 Competitive Dungeon Crawling (OOC)  (Read 22564 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

Also, I can't help but notice/assume that leveling HP is rather pointlessly inefficient.
Howso?
You only get 1 hp per level spent in it, right? Given the choice between a single HP and a flat -1 DR or a boost to dodging, I would tend to think it's more beneficial to go for skills even if you do start off pretty squishy. Being relevant in terms of instant death, wound recovery, and limb severing seems like its only strong point, and even there I'd tend to think that by the time you saw any real difference, you'd be getting a lot more out of just not getting hit or not getting hit as hard in the first place.
Stoneskin only gives you +1 DR every two levels. Two levels spent on HP gives you 22 HP, which also counts towards limb removal and such. Evasion only affects the dice you have to dodge with, so it is by no means guaranteed protection, while HP is. It might not be perfectly balanced, but it's not clearly useless.

What do you mean share it? I never use Google docs, so Im completely dumb in how to use it.
File -> Share.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile

Thats just giving me a popup to send my email to the owner.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

File -> copy file -> remake character and then share.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

What he said.

EDIT: Alright, how's the sheet now?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 10:47:13 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have it. How many perks can we have at once?

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What he said.

EDIT: Alright, how's the sheet now?
Didn't put the sack in the inventory or increase your max weight as a result of it. Also, do you really need one? You're only carrying 2.75 units.

fake edit: also you bought fancy boots but no pants

I have it. How many perks can we have at once?
There's no such thing as perks. You can have as many knacks as you qualify for.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not perks, I meant skills.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not perks, I meant skills.
You can have as many skills as you can afford, but each rank in a skill raises your level by 1.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

So with 80 points, we could get 5 skill ranks? Which would put us at level 5? And leave 5 points for something else?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So with 80 points, we could get 5 skill ranks? Which would put us at level 5? And leave 5 points for something else?
Correct. Likely clothing.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Also, do you really need one? You're only carrying 2.75 units.

It's mah loot sack!

Phagan's martial discipline allows him to forgo such worldly trapping. Plus I couldn't afford them.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's mah loot sack!

Phagan's martial discipline allows him to forgo such worldly trapping. Plus I couldn't afford them.
The implication was that you could easily afford pants, and a shirt as well, if you sold your boots.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Sounds like my characters problem. It's either going naked, loosing a dagger, and going shoeless.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

It's mah loot sack!

The implication was that you could easily afford pants, and a shirt as well, if you sold your boots.
Maybe I want to look like Conan. *buys headband*

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not having shoes isn't quite so bad since the penalty for traveling without them isn't in yet. Honestly, clothing is mostly superficial, especially since you'll be in a dungeon.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22