Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: ⚔DUELING BLADES⚔ - PbP 4v4 Competitive Dungeon Crawling (OOC)  (Read 22561 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You didn't fill out the rest of the sheet. Character Creation is just to help you balance the numbers. Fill out the other tabs.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

So... we start at level 1 with no level perks (health, skill ranks, whatever). We can... pay 15points to get a rank, which levels us, unless we hit level 3, from which point it's 40points, but to actually level it's... 10 exp for the first level (1 defeated enemy?) and twice that for each following level? And what if we buy a rank or two in character creation, how does that change the exp costs?
So confus @.@
Also, burying the "experience" section in "combat" makes it hard enough to find, but at least in Firefox Find (level) doesn't take you to that section, making it all the more @.@
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... we start at level 1 with no level perks (health, skill ranks, whatever). We can... pay 15points to get a rank, which levels us, unless we hit level 3, from which point it's 40points, but to actually level it's... 10 exp for the first level (1 defeated enemy?) and twice that for each following level? And what if we buy a rank or two in character creation, how does that change the exp costs?
So confus @.@
Also, burying the "experience" section in "combat" makes it hard enough to find, but at least in Firefox Find (level) doesn't take you to that section, making it all the more @.@
No, each level doubles the EXP needed to get to the next level. So level 2 is 20, level 3 is 40, level 4 is 80, etc. Leveling in character creation is no different from in play.

The leveling system is fairly simple, so I just stuck that in there. The info on experience from enemies is outdated.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

I'm just gonna start extremely squishy and eventually go to mage.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

When the equipment upgrade sections talk about "points," I assume they mean character creation points?

Also, I can't help but notice/assume that leveling HP is rather pointlessly inefficient.

Speaking of which, can we get some idea of what we're likely to find in the dungeon? I'd assume most anything but combat skills will tend to be a waste, but if there's a good chance of having talking muppets to barter with that might be worth knowing.

I'm just gonna start extremely squishy and die with all of my dreams unfulfilled.
*whistles innocently*
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile

Is anyone else having a problem with the Doc being view only?
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

GUNIN's sheet had that issue at first, but both are working fine for me at present.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When the equipment upgrade sections talk about "points," I assume they mean character creation points?
Yep.

Also, I can't help but notice/assume that leveling HP is rather pointlessly inefficient.
Howso?

Speaking of which, can we get some idea of what we're likely to find in the dungeon?
Enemies.

I'd assume most anything but combat skills will tend to be a waste,
Not necessarily.

but if there's a good chance of having talking muppets to barter with that might be worth knowing.
All skills will have their place. I wouldn't recommend any characters have zero combat ability, though. Remember you're competing against the other team.

I'm just gonna start extremely squishy and eventually go to mage.
This is a good idea, though you probably will not get less squishy as your mage build progresses, depending on how committed you are to it. Armor helps.

Share it.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Can I use acrobatics to, say, jump over someone during a fight?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

I assume it needs the appropriate knack. It's like a low fantasy movie.

Also, I'm going to go with healing because it's a good idea.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I use acrobatics to, say, jump over someone during a fight?
No, but Acrobatics increases your speed, so it can help you run around them. No one is strong enough to jump over another standing person. The top tier knacks brush the edge of plausibility, but I don't think that would fit even them (especially because it's of questionable use).
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Howso?
You only get 1 hp per level spent in it, right? Given the choice between a single HP and a flat -1 DR or a boost to dodging, I would tend to think it's more beneficial to go for skills even if you do start off pretty squishy. Being relevant in terms of instant death, wound recovery, and limb severing seems like its only strong point, and even there I'd tend to think that by the time you saw any real difference, you'd be getting a lot more out of just not getting hit or not getting hit as hard in the first place.

Share it.
Oh right, view only. I was thinking of the permissions thing.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile

What do you mean share it? I never use Google docs, so Im completely dumb in how to use it.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22