Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34

Author Topic: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy/Supers OOC Thread  (Read 29613 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy/Supers OOC Thread
« Reply #480 on: August 06, 2014, 04:19:35 pm »

Yeah, I think so too. Now if only I knew anything about the Caribbean. :P

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 06, 2014, 04:23:12 pm »

Make it like piracy became a thing and I'm sure you could get new players.

Actually, I'd drop my current thing just for a modern super pirates thing.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #482 on: August 06, 2014, 04:36:08 pm »

I'm not sure how viable "Pirates" would be, but you could go about stealing things in the Caribbean.

Here, do you guys have any advice on how to learn about the modern Caribbean, or even just the movie version?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 06, 2014, 04:40:38 pm »

I'd look it up on wikipedia.

Also, it wouldn't be that hard to hand wave it somehow.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 06, 2014, 06:23:44 pm »

I'd look it up on wikipedia.
That's what I was going to suggest too. Depending on what you're interested in running, check out the shipping situation, the major cities, jungles, etc. Also private islands.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #485 on: August 06, 2014, 06:46:07 pm »

Yeah, I'm doing such. As for being pirates however, you'd have a hell of a time hiding after you pirated stuff, and that's kinda essential.Maybe if you skipped out on the boat, and had some other method of getting at the boats. Also Gizmatic (The Supervillain who has his country there) might object to you disrupting shipping bear his country, and that'd be far more trouble than it's worth.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 06, 2014, 06:49:27 pm »

What if piracy was legal in this world?

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #487 on: August 06, 2014, 06:54:05 pm »

There's no way piracy would ever be legal. No one likes to have their stuff stolen, especially people wealthy enough to have things worth stealing. Besides, I already have a setting, and piracy being legal is not part of the setting.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 07, 2014, 12:19:38 am »

@Piracy: You know, it wouldn't have to be strict piracy, with ships and such. I don't care how good your people-finding tech is, it's really difficult to find people in jungles who don't want to be found. See guerilla fighters. Being guerilla fighters, fighting Gizmatic's rule might be cool.

I'm considering getting an implanted AI Ally. However, the cost of a TL 10 Complexity 13 computer program is a base of 1,000,000, but every TL above the base (8) doubles the cost, making it actually cost 4,000,000. Buying this in Signature Gear would cost 400 points, so that's not an option. The only way to afford that would be to take Wealthy, specifically up to Multi-Millionare level. However, I did notice the following text in the Signature Gear Entry:
For anything built as a character, use the rules under Allies (p. 36) instead. It is up to the GM whether to treat android companions, faithful steeds, custom vehicles, etc. as equipment (with a cash cost) or characters (with a point cost).

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 07, 2014, 12:27:12 am »

I have a sheet for an AI implant that enables the user to use various technomancy powers actually.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #490 on: August 07, 2014, 12:57:17 am »

Yeah, that's an ally. You'll probably want to buy advantages to represent having it implanted, however- A level of payload with the appropriate modifiers would probably work. If it gives you control over your metabolism or something, you should buy that separately with "Granted by Ally (-40%)". Also, I'll write the sheet for it- just tell me what it's purpose is, where it came from, etc. I assume the mad scientist wanted to use it to control you and it rebelled?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 07, 2014, 03:01:30 pm »

It's primarily a minder and science assistant. Its purpose was to keep me subdued and docile, while reporting on my condition. Where it comes from... that's up to you.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #492 on: August 07, 2014, 03:06:53 pm »

Yeah, we'll say that the mad scientist implanted it. How did you make your escape? With the help of the AI, I assume. But how beyond that? It might make sense for you to have learned some basic magic- that's the perfect things for screwing with mad scientists.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 07, 2014, 03:09:50 pm »

Hmm. Let me get back to you on that.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 11, 2014, 01:48:35 am »

I'm sorry that it took me so long to get answer that question. Here's my answer in rough backstory format.

Peter Fielder, or, as he prefers, Pete, was born into an isolated Wiccan community in New Hampshire. Raised in the Wiccan belief system, he was taught some spells, but never had the natural talent for it. He never fit in in the community, and, after many years of pestering his parents, they relented, and let him attend public school. He was 10 when he joined the world at large. As the odd one out, he was instantly the target of bullying, which sent him into his first, of many, spirals into depression. However, he recovered after nearly crashing and burning in his first weeks, and persevered through the bully. He showed himself to be intelligent, with a passion for political science, especially in Latin America countries. He graduated highschool, and received a scholarship from a national Wiccan organization to attend a public university, where he did a lengthy study-abroad program in the Caribbean. After graduation, he left the States to do some more traveling the the Caribbean.
After visiting multiple countries, Pete finally met a man who knew a way to get onto Gizmatic's island, something that he had wanted to do for a long time. However, his hopes of studying how the island has been shaped by the rule of a supervillan were quickly dashed, when he was picked up for spying. With 24 hours of arrival, he was strapped to an operating table, with a chip in his head, dulling the pain. He doesn't know how many days passed while he lay on his table, half-asleep, half-awake. When he finally came to, he heard a metallic voice in his head, telling him exactly what to do to escape. Remove that tube, clothes are there, through that door, take that weapon, there will be a guard in 30 seconds, wait until he's gone, now go, go!
And now here he is, stumbling out of the facility, lost and confused, with nothing but the clothes on his back and a few stolen things in his hand.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34