Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 64

Author Topic: (ISG) Darkness Redeemed: "The Many", (Don't know what to put here!)  (Read 66662 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a being of pure darkness
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2014, 06:13:41 pm »

Talk to the god of spontaneous writing utensils and ask if he could perhaps offer a deal to this funny little mortal.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2014, 06:28:35 pm »

Talk to the god of spontaneous writing utensils and ask if he could perhaps offer a deal to this funny little mortal.
+1. He (or she, or it) probably prefers to be referred to as "god of scribes" or something, but we'll call him (or her, or it) the god of spontaneous writing utensils.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2014, 01:54:59 am »

Exploring about, you cross a number of Divine Attractions, such as the "Haughty Spirit" Pass, a direct connection between the Divine and Mortal planes.
Any God could cross over through here to the mortal realm, but it is like a telescope, if someone were to cross through here, they would size down to mortal stature and strength, Naturally, this is quite the terrifying proposition, especially for me considering I can't fly, luckily, while the reverse is true, no mortal could fly up this far, this also prevents any Dead spirits from causing trouble, as they scale down to mere spirits going down here.

You also cross  Grimdark Gateway, a tower to and from Otherwhere, filled with 100 floors each containing a copy of one of the greatest villains in history, both mortals and gods test their mettle against this gauntlet, as a mortal who braves it will gain access to Otherwhere in their living time, or a ghost vise/versa, and gods who would make it to the mortal realm through here retain their divine powers, making them a god among men, and unstoppable by any.
The main reason being that a god who became fully powered on the mortal realm could come back to the divine realm and become more powerful than all of us combined

You decide to have a little meet and greet at the pantheon, but first...

you see a window in the background, it opens up to the Rare-candy Falls, Where dumb pokemon ideas go when they die.

Hello there, "God of scribes" *Wink*

I told you never to call me that, I am the god of Spontaneous Writing Utensils, and i will not be mocked with my late brother's name!

Sorry, hun, i just wanted to ask you a favor.

What kind of favor?

Eh, Little princy on the mortalvision was musing about needing a writing utensil, so i figured I would refer it to you.

Bah, It isn't my business if the loaf does not think to shine shape one and by extension ask me directly, for that matter, your obsession with that mortal is unhealthy even if he DOES hold the key to saving all creation.

I suppose, I'll tell the big lug to inspire Princy to use that skill before his turn is up. at any rate.

Before i leave i wanted to ask, why is every noun up here have emphasis on it? For the reader's sake of course, (What? Divine Beings can see that sort of thing, forum-goers.)

It Is because There is a god for just about everything, major and minor, and in the divine realm, speaking of a living god's circle of power causes a little twitch in the fabric of reality. i hold power over a branch of communication, so everything i say is emphasized. Now are you going to pester me more or have you satiated your lust for bothering me?

Nah, i think that covers today's quota, See you around "Pencilpusher"

Now, where should I go next, To the pantheon, to meet and greet, maybe to the Rare candy falls to comfort some of those adorable little abominations, ahh the possibilities are endless, (Untill the Plot-Ball Gets passed back to those mortals at least)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 02:03:51 am by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2014, 07:54:17 am »

Go to rare-candy falls! L-l-level up!
Take a closer look at this text!

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2014, 07:58:04 am »

Go to rare-candy falls! L-l-level up!
+1, but gather up a bunch of rare-candy. We can use them to level up that mortal!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2014, 12:49:27 pm »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2014, 12:50:54 pm »

You feel this would be a groundbreaking monument to stupidity
((Hey! I remember that video!))

Steal an abomination and send it to "help" the mortal!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2014, 02:12:54 pm »

You head to The falls, intent on causing at least a little mischief for the heroes, When you see a flash of grey, your vision blurs as you black out...

Meanwhile, on good ol' Terra Firma
You awaken hours later feeling very well rested, but take note of a large bulb of shadow's that erupted from you while you slept, consequences of not making use of an extremely high shadow density you suppose, You could probably manipulate it into some useful appendage if you put a little effort into it.

I noticed that, Is that supposed to happen Kirek?

Ahh, pay it no mind Rick, My shadow density has reached a bit of a bursting point, give me a minute

Well at any rate i was unable to find a writing utensil to scribe with, unfortunately

Why didn't you just shine shape one?

. . .

Your Dagger has been placed in a seam of your jacket, it is incredibly unsafe, you should probably enchant it, or find some other way to hold it.

The necromantic chunk Remains on the ground, you simply don't have any free slots, if only there was something you could put it in, or combine it with

The shadowy bulb is a bit of a nuisance, you should probably convert it into something useful.

your Mana System is running nice and hot after all that exercise, now seems like a safe time to use and abuse a bit of magic experimentation.

Richard's Favor has changed, He feels a light pressure, like a friendly hug (All party members now have one hug charge, Hugging another party member will provide a mild heal to all stats, using up the charge)

Your inventory is full, you could prolly have Rich hold something, he has two free hands after all.

What Will your party do?

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells/Skills Kirek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells/Skills Richard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill Books (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2014, 02:16:38 pm »

Won't touching him hurt us?

And... Make the bulb into a tail! With a sharp spike on the end!

Or a hand/arm, depending on what someone else picks.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2014, 02:17:59 pm »

Third arm.
Also, perm. enchant a battle moon.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2014, 02:23:47 pm »

Won't touching him hurt us?

And... Make the bulb into a tail! With a sharp spike on the end!

Or a hand/arm, depending on what someone else picks.

Hugs are outside the realm of light and darkness, as long as you have the hug gods favor, hugging won't be an issue

Third arm.
You don't have arms to begin with, also, what will you make a battle moon out of?
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 02:26:18 pm by Shadestyle »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2014, 02:40:32 pm »

Necromatic chunk.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2014, 02:44:17 pm »

Combine the Holy Symbol and Necromantic Chunk? I dunno.

Make a tail with a claw-like thing on the end so we can hold stuff?

Get Richard to shine-shape something to copy the writing on that thingy with?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2014, 04:00:38 pm »

You have the bright idea of solving a number of problems, (Namely that you don't have any grasping abilities) And Take control of the Shadow bulb, turning it into a Claw Tail, Sweet...

You Grab your dagger from it's sleeve, thankfully not damaging your new coat, and get to work on another issue, enchanting something that isn't air.

The corrupt necromantic energies resist at first, but eventually, you get it into a more stable weave, The control's for it are inverted, and it will naturally try to orbit enemies instead of you, but you feel that this might be a good thing, you likely won't be able to wretch it away from an enemy if/when it "locks on" however, without a great deal of effort.

Rick Summons a small golden quill from beyond the void, He flips to the back of your skill book and begins scrawling down the mysterious runes, while you hide your new tail under your coat, with dagger in grasp, It will be MUCH easier to make use of your dagger now that it isn't suspended by what is essentially a magic balloon. you remember how the dagger is hollow inside briefly as you turn it over in your newfound grasp, Pretty awesome you would say, it makes your tail look like a badass scorpion stinger, if only you had some poison now, heh heh heh.

So how often do you do that... thing?

Once every time I level up, and even then only when I become too dense, don't worry, I am not going to transform into a massive dragon overnight.

The necromantic chunk zips around energetically, with a mind of it's own. You briefly remember How closely the nature of enchanting and necromancy are related, But you cannot For the life of you remember where you learned that. you feel a mental connection between you and it, you could likely use it to glean an enemies location if you focused on it.

Now that you have some physical means of attack, you practice a bit with your dagger and connected grasper, Sure ain't graceful, but you aren't likely to slip and fall on your own knife at least.

You hear shambling and bones breaking, prolly a necromantic abomination skulking around, It likely won't find you unless you go looking for trouble.

Morning is nearing, both you and the creatures of the graveyard will be in a weakened state, even now, this place's effects on your Holy Symbol dim, Restoring your Shadow Regen.

What will you do?

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kirek's Abilities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells/Skills Kirek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells/Skills Richard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill Books (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 04:07:51 pm by Shadestyle »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2014, 07:29:11 pm »

Apologize for wasting Ricardo's time, head back to town with him.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 64