Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 64

Author Topic: (ISG) Darkness Redeemed: "The Many", (Don't know what to put here!)  (Read 66660 times)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkness Redeemed: "The Many", (Or not...!)
« Reply #810 on: September 23, 2014, 08:40:52 pm »

Skills Evimeria
Steal (LV6); Allows the user to attempt to steal something. (Currently at a 25% chance)

Temporal magic (LV10); Alters the flow of time, the more focus a person's mind has, the more effective the spell is. (Mana cost is minor while conscious, sending solid objects back in time is currently beyond your mana limits.)

Dice affinity (LV3); All but the most powerful dice are merely an extension of you, allowing you to control them on a whim. (Allows control of physical dice outcomes when godly power is high, also allows moderate psychic powers regarding dice.

Already got that.  Just need to level up the temporal magic thing.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 23, 2014, 08:52:25 pm »

But specializing might get it faster.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 23, 2014, 09:19:07 pm »

We already have a little bit of everything and should specialize in what we've been *using*, making it cheaper, more powerful/complete, longer lasting, etc. Plus, it can be osed as both buff, debuff, and for making cool magic items like freezing things in time to make them pseudo-indestructible.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 23, 2014, 09:25:04 pm »

But the ability to see in the past/future has so many little things that could be handy!

For instance, being able to foresee traps and find secret passages. Why, we only got lucky that we found the passage last time!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 24, 2014, 11:53:58 am »

We can already do that I'm pretty sure, we just haven't tried using it yet.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 24, 2014, 11:59:48 am »

We have the ability to alter an items place in time, which may encompass stasis and stop. But I don't think we can view an item, place, or person through the eyes of the past or future.
BIRDS.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 24, 2014, 12:01:11 pm »

Can I just point out that time shenanigans might be a tad hard on our GM?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 24, 2014, 12:56:19 pm »

I would argue that he's dealt with worse in a rather fantastic fashion. O.o
BIRDS.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 24, 2014, 01:51:32 pm »

If the GM needs help managing time shenanigans, I can help~ I mean, I am running a forumventure that is rather heavily composed of time shenanigains~ (Which I should update~)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 24, 2014, 01:52:00 pm »

We have the ability to alter an items place in time, which may encompass stasis and stop. But I don't think we can view an item, place, or person through the eyes of the past or future.
We definitely do. We made a stasis rock before setting out. Anyway what better way to protect something during a battle than to send it to your future self? That way you don't have to worry about it until latter.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 24, 2014, 04:43:02 pm »

Evimeria has learned through practicing her magic the ability to Quicken, Sending objects on a one way trip through time and space into the future.

You search around for the skin after figuring out that it didn't actually move, but rather tricked your senses again. you find it right where you left it and begin to channel magic into it again.

You sweep the dust into a crystal pan that you make, and eventually get about 3 pounds of dust.

You crystallize some conspicuous dust around the end of a light enchanted stick. And it is very distracting, eventually you manage to put it away in your box.

You infuse a large length of Turban with dust, and it becomes purplish black, seemingly normal at a first glance.

You create a smoky clone of Richard, then cast some illusion dust over it.

The illusion clone becomes very realistic looking, but slips out of your control, automatically mirroring Richards every move.

"I have made my decision. Due to my own lack of protection, and your nomadic lifestyle, I will be joining your group in an effort to fulfill my destiny. I require materials for tea brewing and cleaning at your earliest convenience. as you are all filthy and tired looking."

Will Nahme join the party?

What now?

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Follower's stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kirek's Abilities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells/Skills Kirek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells/Skills Richard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells/Skills Quidive (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills Evimeria (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill Books (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Special Skills (click to show/hide)

((Clean up time, Any of you want me to organize something differently or illustrate more things, or anything along those lines?))
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkness Redeemed: "The Many", (We blue dragon style now.)
« Reply #821 on: September 24, 2014, 05:43:14 pm »

Yes. There is never a reason to not gain a party member. Try and enchant a dust crystal in a larger sphere of glass to glow when it is exposed to air. Test it out.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 24, 2014, 06:05:32 pm »

Organization suggestions:
 - Unless we lose one, it doesn't seem all that necessary to keep track of which inventory things are in quite so strictly?
 - As I think I said earlier, put an example of their speaking color in stats/followers. Maybe their name could be in it.
 - Actually, is the distinction between party members and followers something that needs to be tracked? Presence or absence of portrait should be enough to indicate it even if it is.
 - It seems what abilities we have is more important than who has them. Not much point in distinguishing spells, skills, and abilities by tab either since that's prety clear form the descriptions.
 - All in all this'd be just 3 spoiler tags; Characters, Capacities, and Cargo. Should save you some work.
 - One thing I'd want that I understand might be to much work but... what nodes each item has in p+arenthesis, for all items.
 - Also, a list of the node types we've got "renewable", since it's geting a bit to many to keep in mind... We've got shadow, light, godly, and now illusion, but I can't remember if we've actually got a limitless source of reinforcing, control, or godly, and it was never entirely clarified if we can just produce energy and life nodes from our own bodies and/or random mundane plants in the environment.

> Lay on the ground putting the turban over you. If it dosnt hide you on it's own fidle with controle nodes untill something intresting happens.

> clean Q's eyes already.

> infuse dagger with lots of illusion and some shadow. If you can get a control node to turn it on and of, do that, otherwise make one spot on the hilt conspicuous instead but one that's hidden when it's held.

> Hmm, what happens if you just sprinkle a bunch of dust over Richard?

> Let nahme join, and try to get those things.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 25, 2014, 05:02:31 pm »

Nahme cleans Quidives eyes and she is very thankful.

You infuse the dagger with illusion and conspicuous nodes, along with some shadowy essence. and a bit of control nodes, so you can make it invisible at will.

You sprinkle dust over Richard and he appears to turn into a cactus.

You allow Nahme to Join the party.

You create an illusion dust crystal inside a glass orb, and enchant it to glow in open air, it is a very jarring effect, a bright light with an invisible center.

Richards favor has changed.

Your mana is too strained to create anything of value right now for Nahme.

Dawn approaches.

What now?

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

You are now having excessive amounts of fun

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkness Redeemed: "The Many", (Reorganization!)
« Reply #824 on: September 25, 2014, 05:10:58 pm »

Richard, dance like those cactus people from Mario~
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 64