Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 64

Author Topic: (ISG) Darkness Redeemed: "The Many", (Don't know what to put here!)  (Read 66564 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a being of pure darkness
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2014, 10:12:50 am »

Hug his lungs. From inside.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2014, 07:19:05 pm »

You narrow your eyes and hug the knife, and his breath from him in one fell swoop, The bandit has fallen unconscious.

You briefly consider adding hugging to your repertoire of skills, but decide to dwell on that decision later, it would certainly quantify transforming your top hat into a set of limbs.
With the help of the nature spirit the prince has freed himself from his bonds in a small burst of light, It will most DEFINITELY burn like the dickens to touch him physically, without some sort of buffer

He looks you in the eye with a great sense of thankfulness, "I truly appreciate your aid in freeing me from this criminal scum, being, I would reward you adequately for your heroism, but all my material possessions remain in a town to the South-east, if you would travel with me there, I could more than provide a boon of your choosing. As odd as you may look, I promise by my honor that no one would harass you, being that you are both my guest -and- savior should you accept of course.

Hmm, should I do so? If i did, it would further me from my current goal by at least a night's travel, but there may be some useful thing to be had from this... For that matter, i do need a goal of some sort, whether by aiding this king further, or by searching for artifacts with absolute diligence

Night has fallen, And you cast HEALING SHADOWS LV 1, your wounds heal like some macabre fast motion video, you will likely be in full heath before you even answer his request.

your mana system is Beginning to ache, like an underused muscle, You will need to rest soon, all this wandering and fighting is hell on your nerves. but like a muscle, it will grow with usage, You can feel already that you are beginning to shake off the "Sleep" that previously ailed you in your bout of amnesia, whatever may have happened.

you feel the air you had enchanted to follow your commands begin to dissapate, you briefly consider making such a spell permanent, but you would likely need a container to keep it in to prevent it dispersing without your control.

you lift up the knife you retrieved from the bandit, Curved and roughly made, you can feel the care that went into it's creation, and see it in it's beautiful shine.

Looking over the unconscious bandit, you take note of the bulges in his many pockets, and his well made bandanna, you wonder if he is really a mere bandit with such valuable trappings.

Your shadow density has lowered slightly from recovering your damage, but in this beautiful darkness, and thanks to your amberglamour, it will be recovered soon enough.

Stats

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spells

Inventory

AN;

« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 07:26:23 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2014, 07:31:55 pm »

((It's pretty nice, to be honest.))

Search his pockets, tell the royal guy that his offer is very generous, but explain that it will harm you if he touches you.
Take a closer look at this text!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2014, 07:43:36 pm »

Loot the bandit. Then ask if the prince would mind a short detour to gather the artifacts which should be easy to find now that it's night.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 08:10:52 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2014, 09:19:25 pm »

Loot that bandit, then do what Froggy said.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2014, 09:59:32 pm »

Accept the Prince's offer.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2014, 10:59:36 pm »

Loot the bandit.

Then ask if the prince would mind a short detour to gather the artifacts which should be easy to find now that it's night.
explain that it will harm you if he touches you.[/b]
+1 to all three ideas. Hooray, mutual inclusivity!
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2014, 11:19:02 pm »

Loot the bandit.

Then ask if the prince would mind a short detour to gather the artifacts which should be easy to find now that it's night.
explain that it will harm you if he touches you.[/b]
+1 to all three ideas. Hooray, mutual inclusivity!
+1 to your idea to +1 the three ideas
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2014, 09:09:54 am »

You have the idea to accept the prince's offer, and inform him to not touch you, because of his nasty light germs, Then you have that idea again, then you have the idea to loot that bandit for all he is worth, then you have the idea to agree with all of those previous ideas, and finally, you think you should agree with the 4th idea specifically.

"Your offer is very generous, allow me to loot this unconscious bandit for all he is worth, and then we can travel to this town"

the prince takes a seat by the campfire and says "Please inform me when you are ready to travel, say, do you have a name?"

Kirek Shnapps, And yours?

Well, I am known as (Name), But my close friends call me (Nickname) you may refer to me by either, friend.

The bandit is in possession of:
1. Sweet ass bandanna; This is a very well made, very cool looking bandanna. Will not take up inventory slots if equipped. Grants one additional turn before sunlight begins to affect you. adds 5 levels to (Bandit) Mannerisms If equipped while using the skill.

2. Blue leather coat; This is a very well made coat, with four large pockets sewn on the inside. Increases Inventory capacity from 1 (Plus one temp) To 5 (Plus one temp). Grants one additional turn before the sun begins to affect you

3. Vial of (Healant); A chemical invented by the necromatic Meatchanics to repair their fleshy robots. Works on living flesh as well, making it a cheap alternative to healing potions. As for what a Meatchanic is? well that is another story for another time. Contains one serving

4. Book of Skills: (Bandit) Mannerisms LV 10; This book contains all the information necessary to act, think, and talk like a bandit, you won't retain a single thing from it, due to your piss memory, so you must have it in your inventory to use the Skill (Bandit) Mannerisms LV 10.

5. Note from noble; Is that the smell of "evidence" in the air? I believe so. Triggers story sequence later on if obtained.

6. Vial of (Advanced Monkey Potion); What happens when Druids meet alchemy? Advanced Transformation Potions of course. Transforms the user into a flesh and blood chimpanzee for 5 Turns, all wounds are restored on use. Contains one serving.

your top hat dematerializes, since no 'diplomacy' is necessary at this time.

What was the prince's name and nickname? you weren't paying attention.

Is there anything you should do before heading off to town?

What will you take from the Bandit's unconscious body?

Stats

Spells

Inventory

AN;

« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 09:12:57 am by Shadestyle »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2014, 09:12:02 am »

Take everything! Equip all clothes!

His name is Ricardo Blubfysh, but all of his friends call him Rick!
Take a closer look at this text!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2014, 04:23:33 pm »

+1 also did we ask if he would mind taking a detour to grab those artifacts? If not we should do that.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2014, 04:34:30 pm »

+1 also did we ask if he would mind taking a detour to grab those artifacts? If not we should do that.
+1

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2014, 04:50:42 pm »

+1

+1 It all seems reasonable.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2014, 05:03:55 pm »

Ok, you think he said his name was Ricardo Blubfysh And that his friends called him Rick for short.

you gather up the bandit's belongings and equip them.

As you look down the road you get a sense of Deja-Vu, and feel almost sad for some reason. as though you have looked down such a path before. The feeling quickly passes

"Shall we be on our way then, Rick?"

"Indeed, I have had enough of this forest to last an eon."

"Might we make a short detour? I am seeking certain Artifacts which should be on the way to where we are going"

"Ahh, you speak of "The many", A series of powerful artifacts created by some kind of creature long ago, each bearing odd powers. If we happen upon one of them, i would certainly not object to retrieving it.

"I certainly thank you for your consideration, many a man would think me mad for power, seeking such things"

If you are mad, then we all surely are mad, supposedly, like i said, they were created by a being long ago, a truly vile creature, he rampaged across the land, using a great many things he discovered in the corners of the world, it was said when his only love had died mistakenly by his own hand, he shattered his very being across the artifacts, and themselves he cast across the land. leaving only a speck of good, and a speck of evil left, in the very place he died.

"Quite the tale, I wonder if he met his love Overthere"

I certainly hope so, any who would feel grief is worth the chance at redemption at the very least.

After a small time traveling you reach the cemetery, You can feel the necromantic energies in the air, animating a swollen tongue and a bloated stomach, Behind them is a tombstone, inscripted with some strange unreadable symbols.

Both of these abominations seem fresh, at least, as fresh as the undead can be.

In the darkness, your enhanced senses detect a cursed liquid both inside the stomach and secreted from the tongue, be wary.

you also detect that some of the symbols on the stone are runes, it would be worth keeping track of them. There are empty pages in the very back of your Book of skills that would work well for that.

The undead creatures have not noticed you just yet.

The prince is already preparing a holy blast, if you should choose to aid or halt him, you should do so quickly.

The negative energies of the undead are interfering with your amberglamour, It seems their negative spirit is "masking" the light energy from the prince. your rate of recovery is lowered by this effect.

The town is nearby enough that you could, in theory, merely run away from these things and get to town safely.

You consider using Healing Shadow to Make short work of one of the creatures so that the prince can focus his assault on the other, but the energy necessary would leave you drained, both in mana and shadow density.

you detect the dark artifact in a tomb about a quarter mile to your right, it is within sight, the necromatic energies intensify nearer to it, your shadow regeneration Would stop completely once inside

Stats

Spells/Skills

Inventory

AN:

« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 05:16:30 pm by Shadestyle »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2014, 06:36:42 pm »

Wait for the prince to fire off the shot.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 64