Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Transistor - The makers of Bastion go sci-fi  (Read 6539 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Transistor - The makers of Bastion go sci-fi
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 08:10:09 pm »

I don't get Neonivek's point.

I don't have one on my first point except: "I really hope this game succeeds to prove something I was told long ago about games that share a trait similar to this game was wrong, but I don't want to bog down the thread in that debate so I'll wait until it succeeds first"

and my second one was a point of: "that is odd, I thought the sword was longer. Why isn't it outright impaling that dead guy?"

So they weren't very big points. More of asides really.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 08:12:48 pm by Neonivek »

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 08:12:14 pm »

PTW; and I gots it preordered.  :D
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 11:56:58 pm »

YEeeess! On my list just for the bastion fame.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2014, 01:41:53 am »

This looks really good, almost certainly going to get it. :)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2014, 02:03:33 pm »

After reading this thread, I think I may be the only person who thought Bastion was just okay.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2014, 02:06:09 pm »

After reading this thread, I think I may be the only person who thought Bastion was just okay.
It was pretty good gameplay. What I really loved was the dynamic grizzled old guy narration combined with the art style. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2014, 02:22:02 pm »

I was wondering when this would show up again.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2014, 02:50:59 pm »

The thread's population is pretty self-selecting, remember. I liked it a bunch, but not enough to ever do NG+, for instance. (At some point I should probably go ahead and get the second ending...) I'm excited to see where Transistor goes! Because the art looks sweet, the sound is neat, and the gameplay looks like something I'll enjoy. I really don't see the point in pre-ordering it, though.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2014, 02:56:09 pm »

No. I felt the same way. I just don't say it in public because it's a quick way to get stoned to death by the crowd who enjoyed it a ton.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2014, 02:58:05 pm »

No. I felt the same way. I just don't say it in public because it's a quick way to get stoned to death by the crowd who enjoyed it a ton.

Just have your opinion said by an extremely out of place but very skilled grizzled old man voice. That should pacify them.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2014, 04:58:04 pm »

*passes spliff, with a stern look on his face*
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2014, 11:49:01 pm »

It was an okay game, but a wonderful experience, if you ask me. The game was just the small little engine that told the story through its art, narration, music, world. For that, I quite loved it.

For the game itself, eh. I didn't do much of the side things or the NG+. I didn't need to. I feel like they were there for the completionists out there more than anything, and because its delivery is rather poor, it gives the whole thing a funny smell if you look at it for too long.

That is exactly how I felt about Bastion. Mediocre gameplay, but an absolutely lovely experienced. Thoroughly enjoyed the time I put into it, but had no inclination to do NG+.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2014, 12:34:49 am »

Pretty much the same. The gameplay was kinda fun but not exactly amazing, but the experience is what made it worth it.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2014, 12:59:03 am »

Yep. Bastion was all about the audio design. The story was okay, but really nothing special or particularly mind-blowing. The gameplay was not to my tastes, and I actually had more fun when I set it on easy mode so I didn't have to deal with it. It was the audio design and the excellent storytelling techniques employed therein which made it great.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5