Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Eidolon (closed and retired)  (Read 15368 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Eidolon (closed and retired)
« on: May 06, 2014, 02:36:25 am »

Disclaimer: This is my first forum game, but not my first DM experience by any measure, be aware that I am mostly testing the waters here.

The Third World War raged for a decade, at the end there stood two vast military nations, The Union, and the Empire. After years of bickering and border conflicts over our mother planet's dwindling resources, the two nations finally dispensed with all pretense and began an all-out war.  After the dust settled, neither nation remained intact, both were broken unsustainable wrecks.  Ten years later they collapsed into the second dark age. Over the intervening generations some was lost, but humanity prevailed.  The society that emerged from the long darkness was a unified people of Earth, but the damage wrought by the last war was catastrophic, the crushing pressure of 42 billion humans forced rapid expansion into new frontiers, the depths of the terrestrial oceans and the vastness of the Sol system were ruthlessly subjugated to Earth's needs.
Humanity expanded outwards, mastering basic FTL systems they reached new worlds, and driven by relentless population expansion they claimed them.  Terraforming technologies developed at a meteoric pace, husks of dead rock became vibrant worlds home to billions, asteroid belts provided raw materials for the birth of whole planets.  But, as all expansions, eventually ours too came to a halt.
They called themselves Ocurai, a word meaning 'destined', and they acknowledged no equals in the universe.  The systematic destruction of humanity was planned before our linguists could even decipher their language, the first wave launched before our diplomats arrived to open lines of communication, and the devestation was total.  From several trillion humans spread across a hundred systems, to two lonely worlds in under a year.

Mars colony Labyrinthus Noctis: 2206 AD

Your head hurts, breathing is difficult, the smell of burning plastic fills your nostrils.  Your left side is hot, your right abdomen is cold, shattered bones grate in your right leg.  You hear a hissing sound in your right ear, and ringing in your left ear.  You cannot see from your right eye, you are having trouble focusing with your left eye.  The cockpit is hazy, and you can barely make out the instruments, an alarm is sounding.

Status: Injured but functional, probable concussion, broken leg, numerous minor injuries.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 05:14:20 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Eidolon (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 03:17:43 am »

Try to remember who and where you are.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 03:45:56 am »

Try to remember who and where you are.

+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 03:55:29 am »

You try to focus on something, your name... so hard to concentrate... Something inside you forces you towards awareness, you are Captain Adrian Lind, of the Mars Planetary Guard.  The Colony is under attack, your squad...  You remember shouts over the comms, the pulses of weapons fire, then an explosion...

Status: Injured but functional, woozy with a really freakin' bad headache, broken leg, numerous minor injuries.
Location: Cockpit of your Reaver (condition unknown), Labyrinthus Colony, Mars.

(getting things rolling.)

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 04:01:22 am »

Try to see if comms are working, and see if it's safe outside the cockpit.

EDIT:

Questions:  What are the Ocurai look like? Are they like robots or normal aliens? What is the general level of technology does humanity have regarding to weaponry?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 04:12:56 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 04:19:36 am »

Ocurai are somewhat reptilian looking, though under the scales they are actually warm-blooded mammals, they live in Earth-like environments, but favor desert/arid worlds.  Humans are pretty damn advanced, but behind in most categories as compared to the Ocurai.  The primary weapons system of this war is the Reaver, humanoid (with variaton for individual designs) combat mechs, a combination of mass drivers and energy weapons is standard.

Just waiting for at least one more vote.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 07:11:03 am »

Identify equipment on hand/within reach (if any).

Can't let this die down, as my game also died down due to a lack of responses :/
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 09:01:48 am »

Can't let this die down, as my game also died down due to a lack of responses :/

I believe there is a plugging thread to solve that particular problem.
Dying of laughter?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 12:01:45 pm »

Examine surroundings and look for anything resembling a medical kit, injector, emergency survival kit, or anything else in that vein

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 12:50:00 pm »

+1 then do Cheesecake's suggestion.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 12:52:42 pm »

+1
Whenever I see your avatar without focusing on it, I see Ichigo from Bleach for some reason. Not the first time this happened, though.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 02:52:57 pm »

Raising your right arm above shoulder level hurts for some reason, using your left hand you rub your eye.  The cockpit is still hazy, but less blurry.  You immediately notice that the fire suppression system is flashing warning lights at you, empty you think.  Several plastic panels in the cockpit are melted or burnt, electrical fire most likely.  The supply cabinet to your right is open, the first aid kit is not within.  In a flash of memory you recall bleeding from your side, looking down you confirm that you have used the nano-kit already to close a wound there.  Lacking other options you quickly take stock of your situation, you seem to be stable for the moment according to the medical readouts.  Your reaver is in bad shape, it'll move and maybe fight, but not very well.  The ringing in your left ear continues unabated, the hissing on your right is static from your headset, as you move to send a distress signal you see the incoming transmission warning flashing.  You flip the channel to active.
"This is section three security dispatch to Reaver 5-5, section three to 5-5, Captain the attack is still underway, respond if you are able."

Reaver: Damaged armor 41% remaining, left arm servos 72%, right arm servos 80%, left leg servos 60%, right leg servos 22%.
Main weapon: Starlight rail cannon, 10 shots.
Secondary weapon: GD Polaris laser rifle 70%, unlimited shots.
Auxilliary weapon: GI 'Flayer' plasma knife, 60 minutes use
Location: Reaver 5-5, section twelve motor pool muster, Labyrinthus colony, Mars.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 02:58:58 pm »

Respond to the transmission if able but do not send a distress signal. Request sitrep and orders.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 03:08:22 pm by forsaken1111 »

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 03:05:47 pm »

Respond to the transmission if able but do not send a distress signal. Request sitrep and orders.
+1 Also inquire about the possibility of getting field repairs for our most damaged leg.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 03:19:38 pm »

+1 Also inquire about the possibility of getting field repairs for our most damaged leg.
+1
This seems like a good idea.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15