Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 15: Preparing for the First Night  (Read 44656 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 8: Home Invasion
« Reply #270 on: September 02, 2014, 11:56:58 pm »

Whisper: "Well, what now?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 03, 2014, 05:03:29 am »

"Shush."

Don't look. Listen. Listen carefully.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 03, 2014, 11:39:32 am »

Go diplomancy with the stranger. And by diplomancy I mean stand there silently, being big and intimidating, probably covered in monkey blood.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 03, 2014, 09:47:17 pm »

Go back to searching the immediate area for things of a technological nature.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 04, 2014, 06:23:39 am »

((GAAH, my post dident go thru...))
Charles holds out his hand and smiles
"Names Charles. If you dont mind me asking, mind telling us what the monkey business is about? Its not our business, but its not everyday you see a pack of primates after someone acting like they want that persons blood."

Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 9: Mountain/Motorcycle Men
« Reply #275 on: September 11, 2014, 08:16:40 pm »

Chapter 9:Mountain/Motorcycle Men

~Day 1~
May 5th, 2018
Time: Early Afternoon

Kyle shrugs and goes to back up Charles.
Go diplomancy with the stranger. And by diplomancy I mean stand there silently, being big and intimidating, probably covered in monkey blood.
Charles holds out his hand and smiles
"Names Charles. If you dont mind me asking, mind telling us what the monkey business is about? Its not our business, but its not everyday you see a pack of primates after someone acting like they want that persons blood."
Go back to searching the immediate area for things of a technological nature.

Kyle heads back to Charles and the others when the monkey business is over with. Big Joe stands before the survivor, fulfilling his role of being a big scary muscular man.
Charles goes for a much more open form of diplomacy. He holds his hand out, "Names Charles. If you dont mind me asking, mind telling us what the monkey business is about? Its not our business, but its not everyday you see a pack of primates after someone acting like they want that persons blood." The survivor replies, "I was hungry, and I thought there were just a few of them, didn't expect a whole pack like that." He takes a moment to check on his Composite Bow. "Do any of you know a place where I can sleep tonight? I'm tired of having to set up camp up in the trees."

Decado goes off on his own way, looking for pieces of valuable technology. While there's a decent chance he'd find something salvageable in the Biology Building, but he'd have to find a way around or through the monkey horde. Bankson Hall, a student living facility, is directly South and close, but is unlikely to have much; if he's lucky, he could find a functioning Tablet or Television hidden underneath something, but there's no telling how long that can take, and if he'd even manage to find anything of electronic value. According to the maps posted around Campus, far to the West is the Library/Technology Building, past the Administrative Building and several halls. Additionally, to the Southwest past the Fine Arts Center and Music Building is the Math & Science Center.

[The map of the University. Not entirely to scale in-game.]

Whisper: "Well, what now?"
"Shush."

Don't look. Listen. Listen carefully.

Alejandro and Majikthise stay quiet as they listen for the intruder, huddling behind a wall near the staircase. They can hear footsteps and some of the loose objects upstairs being knocked around. They hear something metal hit the floor and a curse, before whatever the metal object was is picked back up. They then hear his voice somewhere near the top of the stairs:

"Look, I'm just looking for food. I haven't eaten in 2 days. That's all I need, I'm not looking for anything else, really."

Spoiler: Kyle Johnson (kj1225) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Charles (Aseaheru) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jane Stone (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Big Joe Davidson (NAV) (click to show/hide)

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 11, 2014, 09:08:22 pm »

"Yah, we can give you space under a roof. Cant guarantee that it wont leak, but atleast you'll get to talk to us."
Charles looks at Kyle and Joe sheepishly
"That is, unless you two object."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 11, 2014, 09:11:13 pm »

Kyle sighs.
"Fine."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 11, 2014, 10:05:32 pm »

"Alright. M'names Joe. You got a name?"

Look around for anything to make some throwing spears out of. My hammer works well, but I'd like to have a ranged option.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 11, 2014, 11:53:43 pm »

"I'm afraid there isn't any here. Have you got a name?"

Prepare my Pacification skill, just in case.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 12, 2014, 03:36:49 pm »

Remain quiet and take up a clandestine position, if at all possible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 10: Recruiting
« Reply #281 on: September 23, 2014, 10:42:06 pm »

Chapter 10: Recruiting

~Day 1~
May 5th, 2018
Time: Early Afternoon

"Yah, we can give you space under a roof. Cant guarantee that it wont leak, but atleast you'll get to talk to us."
Charles looks at Kyle and Joe sheepishly
"That is, unless you two object."
Kyle sighs.
"Fine."
"Alright. M'names Joe. You got a name?"

Look around for anything to make some throwing spears out of. My hammer works well, but I'd like to have a ranged option.

After a bit of discussion, Charles, Kyle and Big Joe all decide to let the survivor stay with them for the time being.

Jason Cadwell's military experience and life alone in the woods has made him adept at using Blades. He has gained proficiency in Trapping everything from militant rebels to ferocious bears.  Life in the wilderness has also made him knowledgeable and capable of Mountain Survival.
He carries with him a Machete and Composite Bow, as well as a Makeshift Satchel.

"I'm afraid there isn't any here. Have you got a name?"

Prepare my Pacification skill, just in case.
Remain quiet and take up a clandestine position, if at all possible.

Alejandro and Majikthise wait out near the bottom of the stairs. Alejandro calls responds to the motorcyclist's question about food. "I'm afraid there isn't any here. Have you got a name?"

"The name's John. It's disappointing you guys don't have food, how the hell do you guys survive anyways?"

Spoiler: Kyle Johnson (kj1225) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Charles (Aseaheru) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jane Stone (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Big Joe Davidson (NAV) (click to show/hide)

A long wait for a turn of nothing, sorry y'all, but I've set it up so a couple fresh faces can begin playing. That should spice things up a bit.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 11:16:03 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 23, 2014, 11:28:06 pm »

"Oh, I said there isn't any food here. We're not quite done searching, for example, the barn."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 23, 2014, 11:37:41 pm »

Head to the dorms again.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 23, 2014, 11:45:54 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30