Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30

Author Topic: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 15: Preparing for the First Night  (Read 44730 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 4: Split Path
« Reply #210 on: June 29, 2014, 03:56:04 pm »

((Going to disappear for two weeks - I permit IcyTea to fully order me around however necessary at the moment.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 29, 2014, 03:57:19 pm »

I'm ready.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 29, 2014, 04:00:55 pm »

((Going to disappear for two weeks - I permit IcyTea to fully order me around however necessary at the moment.))
((I'm that trustworthy? I wouldn't permit myself to control any characters; my logic is so ridiculously inconsistent you might find your character in some very deep fecal matter when you return. There is also the problem of Dark Secrets...))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 29, 2014, 04:07:27 pm »

I'm ready.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 29, 2014, 04:07:33 pm »

((I'm that trustworthy? I wouldn't permit myself to control any characters; my logic is so ridiculously inconsistent you might find your character in some very deep fecal matter when you return. There is also the problem of Dark Secrets...))

((What Dark Secrets? No Dark Secrets around here! No way, no how!

But really, giving control to someone else would be pretty inconvenient, since that'd mean they'd need to pay attention to both one group and the other. You're in the same group, so you get privileges.))

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 29, 2014, 04:18:52 pm »

((Not that I'm complaining, but you could just give control to our almighty GM who knows your character's motivations better than me, and can create non-cheesy dialogue with proper flow. Controlling two characters as a team basically melds them together to be just that, a team with no internal conflicts whatsoever, unless they have a really good writer behind them, which I am not, so it might not even be a bad idea to have someone from the other group do the controlling. I'll do it if you insist, but really, you have better options.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 29, 2014, 04:19:17 pm »

((What Dark Secrets? No Dark Secrets around here! No way, no how!

But really, giving control to someone else would be pretty inconvenient, since that'd mean they'd need to pay attention to both one group and the other. You're in the same group, so you get privileges.))

I can temporarily turn her into an NPC until you return.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 29, 2014, 04:34:53 pm »

((Not that I'm complaining, but you could just give control to our almighty GM who knows your character's motivations better than me, and can create non-cheesy dialogue with proper flow. Controlling two characters as a team basically melds them together to be just that, a team with no internal conflicts whatsoever, unless they have a really good writer behind them, which I am not, so it might not even be a bad idea to have someone from the other group do the controlling. I'll do it if you insist, but really, you have better options.))

((Well, there's nothing to really internally conflict about yet. But NPC works too if you don't want to take up direct responsibility. Just figured turning control over to you would be more convenient, but if not, yes, making her an NPC will work.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 5: Road to College
« Reply #218 on: June 30, 2014, 11:59:36 pm »

Chapter 5: Road to College

~Day 1~
May 5th, 2018
Time: Late Morning

Quote from: Traveling Team
University road.

The scavenger party decides to head out to the University, saving the city for some other time. Along the way, they learn of William's untimely demise, though they continue to push forward. They turn left at the fork, turning to the university. They transverse down a stretch of road and trees to find themselves in front of a collection of buildings. A rusty sign welcomes them to the college, most of the letters unintelligible.

To the left of them stands a long, horizontal structure. The copper letters letters above the door are still readable, labeling this place as "Barkley Hall." The northeast had a much smaller, officer-looking building, simply labeled in white letters, "Public Safety." Past that, down the north road was a large body of water. Around there were more diagonal buildings, though the party was to far away to gauge what they could be. Immediately to the right of them is a two-story structure with a sign out front:

Monti ell igh Sco
 ood luc to our foot ll pla  rs!
GO WOL ES!

"Yeah... better give the news."

See if I can reach the others with my walkie-talkie. If so, relay them a message.

"City team, this is Majikthise - William is dead. I repeat, William is dead. It does look like a heart attack or maybe a stroke, but we are not sure. Over."

Does he look like he's suffered from a heart attack or maybe a stroke? Popped an aneurysm, maybe?
Look around and on William's body for the cause of death. Get the rifle and the sickle, and search the body further.

"You got the walkie-talkie, right? We'd better get some information going."

Alejandro relays the news of William's death to the travelling party as Majikthise scans his body. It appears he just dropped dead, and without proper tools, she can't find the cause, though it definitely appears to be medically and internal produced, and not something from the environment. In any case, he's not moving anymore.

After sending word out via-walkie talkie, Alejandro bends down, stripping William of his Sickle and Hunting Rifle. After all, they wouldn't be put to good use on a dead person. Alejandro searches to see if there's anything else of value, but besides his clothing, it doesn't look like William was carrying anything noteworthy. Now, in addition to whatever they were doing, Alejandro and Majikthise were both stuck with a dead body.

The Survivors are beginning to experience Hunger and Thirst.

Spoiler: Kyle Johnson (kj1225) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Charles (Aseaheru) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jane Stone (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Big Joe Davidson (NAV) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:05:13 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 01, 2014, 12:01:24 am »

Kyle points at the building.
"It's a highschool."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 01, 2014, 12:52:01 am »

"Guess we should bury him..."

Take the body outside, and collect suitably sized and shaped stones to entomb him. Cover the body with a layer of stones. Pay my respects. ((No shovel, good thing there's another widely accepted method of burial in the field.))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 01, 2014, 12:01:14 pm »

Quote from: TCM
Walkie Talkie (199%)

"I want to check out that public safety building myself. Shall we head there and then work down?"
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 08, 2014, 05:01:23 pm »

Bump.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 08, 2014, 05:11:04 pm »

Follow the group, look out for any laptops, tablets or other portable electronic systems of that nature and put them in my pack if I spot any.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 08, 2014, 05:22:58 pm »

"Public safety it is."
Explore the public safety building.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30