Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 15: Preparing for the First Night  (Read 44765 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 2: Exploration
« Reply #135 on: May 18, 2014, 01:16:42 pm »

If you're doing that, don't forget about my awesome skill with computers. Building one might not be that hard once we regroup.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2014, 01:24:04 pm »

I'm a tech builder and designer as well so should be able to handle it myself.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2014, 05:44:20 pm »

So am I, so...

Anyways, Follow main group, suggesting we checkout the gunshop at some point.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2014, 05:51:42 pm »

I know. But may as well do it myself to work on my skill level.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2014, 05:59:16 pm »

"We should check out the gun store. Can never be too well armed."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2014, 09:46:21 pm »

"I say we continue on this way. Survivors have an odd way of showing up in low income areas."
"We should check out the gun store. Can never be too well armed."

You guys gonna' perform an action? If you don't want to, that's fine as well.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2014, 09:48:35 pm »

Explore.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2014, 08:33:07 am »

Stay with the group.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2014, 05:19:37 pm »

Greenstarfanatic and mastacheese will not be participating for the immediate future, so they're characters will be retroactively removed, and the game will progress like they had not appeared. They may be "introduced" to the group at a later time.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2014, 08:18:38 pm »

Bump.
Caine's law.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2014, 08:46:43 pm »

TCM doesn't have reliable internet right now, so he can't update this.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 31, 2014, 10:06:41 am »

Turn should be up tonight.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 31, 2014, 11:54:33 pm »

Chapter 2: Exploration

~Day 1~
May 5th, 2018
Time: Morning

"This is looking good so far. Check for signs of life, guys."
Is there a well around? Does the house or the surrounding area look in any way inhabited? Can corpses be seen anywhere?
"Signs of life, sure."

Unless it's obviously dangerous, walk up to the barn and knock on the door. If nobody answers, slowly open the door and look inside.
"This here's lush, fertile lan'. Ah think we c'n make a houm here. Firs', we may wanna check th' house, t'make sure no one else has. Not likely, giv'n the fields' state, but can' hurt, righ'?"

Help check the barn.

Majikthise heads down to look at the surrounding area. She looks to see if there's a well nearby, and the closest thing she can find is a rusty pump situated in the ground a few dozen meters away from the barn, though it looks dry and ready to fall apart at the slightest touch. From there she looks down upon the house. It's a simple two-story structure, and it looks like it hasn't been occupied in recently. The back door swings ajar, constantly straddling the rear of the house with every breeze. The surrounding area is populated by a few corpses, ones that remain down naturally, but dead people nonetheless. They are not in a compact pattern, a couple by the west side of the house, a few on the east south, one to the north, all spread out with a good few meters between each body and the nearest one.

Alejandro and William go the barn door, the red paint of the barn peeling off in several places leaving it an off-pink, or even white. Alejandro knocks on the door, which merits no response besides an echo. The two of them open the door to see what's inside.
[Alejandro Will: 3+2]
[William Will: 5]
Both of them immediately have to cover their mouths with their shirts to stay standing. The first thing that hits them, before they can see anything, is the stench. The putrid potent combo of rotting flesh and animal feces would be enough to drive even the sturdiest of men to lose his lunch, but William is familiar with these scents (if not to this extent) and Alejandro is able to simply force himself to bear it. The interior is dim and dusty, preventing either of them from seeing inside. After a few seconds, they are forced to shut the door to prevent the odor from permeating the air, and walk away before lowering their shirts in order to get in fresh air. Even Majikthise, standing a good distance away, gets a whiff of the toxin and wrinkles her face in disgust.

Walk toward the low-income houses
Follow them along, pick up a data tablet if I spot one in the wreckage and tinker with it to try and fix it so I can use it to design things. Or look for any scrap I could use in building one myself.
Anyways, Follow main group, suggesting we checkout the gunshop at some point.
Explore.
Stay with the group.

The other survivors take their next allocation of time to explore the housing area. The squat, beige homes seem to huddle together, like they were somehow actively trying to form some sort of conscious defensive perimeter against the ravages of the outside world. Their structure and flawless similarity emit the feeling that whoever constructed these houses had no taste for for aesthetic, but did manage to provide whoever lived here with a practical, survivable shelter.

Decado meanders off, taking more interest in the ruined cars laying in the road than the housing. As he viewed the wreckage, he felt a pang of internal pain, surveying what once were the forefront innovations of the engineering and design world. One in particular, a Lexxon Firewheel 2014 Model, strikes home in particular. They said it could achieve 37 miles a gallon, now it held its place as a dilapidated mess. The only remotely intact piece of the car is the rear left seat, and even that has some sort of fungus growing on what was once brilliant leather. Some of the raw materials, the remaining glass and non-rusted metals, could be cultivated, though he lacked any tools for that job at the moment.

Charles heads into the center of the housing development, casually spinning to eye the surrounding area, his lower lip tucked slightly under his top. He looks at the paint-job of the handle of his machinegun, prompting him to remind his group of the gun-shop not too far up the road.

Big Joe and Jane walk in the spaces provided between each of the houses, their shoes matting down the dewy grass surface. When Joe discovers a corpse laying in the dirt, he instinctively snaps forward, slamming the sole of his foot upon its skull, compacting its face into the ground. He draws his foot back, almost stomping again before he realizes that this once vital technique of attacking the undead before they could rise, was no longer necessary. He steps back as Jane runs over at the noise of commotion. Her eyes are drawn to the prone body, and then to Joe. He merely gives her a shrug.

Kyle begins moving through the buildings, investigating them for signs of anything. These homes are barren, except for trash such as discarded snack bags and soda tabs, everything has been taken. These people must have had time to evacuate, unlike the similar compound that Kyle had wandered into five years earlier. Even though their building style was similar, they were both different places. Very different in Kyle's mind...
[Kyle Will: 5-1]
Kyle kicks the edge of a counter in one of the rooms before composing himself. Reminiscing on the past will get him and the rest of the party nowhere. It's simply a matter of moving on. He distracts himself by investigating all the covers, and comes across an unopened Package of Instant Macaroni. Ah, the Italian delicacy still standing and, besides a light dust coating, looks to be as good as ever.

Spoiler: Kyle Johnson (kj1225) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Charles (Aseaheru) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jane Stone (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Big Joe Davidson (NAV) (click to show/hide)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 31, 2014, 11:59:51 pm »

Kyle takes the macaroni with him back to the group.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 01, 2014, 12:40:40 am »

"Do NOT open the barn door, note made. Did you find anything, Majikthise?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30