Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30

Author Topic: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 15: Preparing for the First Night  (Read 44794 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 1: Sign
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2014, 09:38:08 am »

Decado grins happily taking a mock bow. "At your service milady."
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2014, 09:45:54 am »

"There's many more, slightly more alarming things wrong with your eyesight, ole fella," Majikthise says, rubbing her temple to alleviate the mild frustration. "No offense."
((In my defense, I have no idea who anyone is.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2014, 09:52:44 am »

(( I did offfer to post everyone's sheets labelled for that reason. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2014, 10:14:49 am »

IcyTea.
Spoiler: Alejandro Cuéllar (click to show/hide)

Nav.
Spoiler: Big Joe Davidson (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman.
Spoiler: Majikthise (click to show/hide)

KJ.
Spoiler: Kyle Johnson (click to show/hide)

Scapheap
Spoiler: Jane Stone (click to show/hide)

Patrick Hunt.
Spoiler: Decado Bison (click to show/hide)

Greenstarfanatic.
Spoiler: Alexander Lunge (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold.
Spoiler: William Adamson (click to show/hide)

Aseaheru.
Spoiler: Charles. (click to show/hide)

Mastahcheese.
Spoiler: Cromwell Jackson. (click to show/hide)

In fact here, it doesn't include the skills obviously because I don't know them. But in the mean time it'll at least tell you who each character is and give you the basic info on them.
Caine's law.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2014, 10:53:56 am »

"Yes, scavenging sounds like something raiders would do. Thing is, there are many things we cannot produce ourselves without proper equipment and materials. Until we can get those, all we can have is what we can find. Setting a fort up somewhere can be a good idea, but self-sustainability is a dream unless we get very, very lucky.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2014, 11:04:45 am »

"Yes, scavenging sounds like something raiders would do. Thing is, there are many things we cannot produce ourselves without proper equipment and materials. Until we can get those, all we can have is what we can find. Setting a fort up somewhere can be a good idea, but self-sustainability is a dream unless we get very, very lucky.

"Rome wasn't built in a day, and we don't need antibiotics every day of the week. There's no perfect solutions, but we have to get started on self-sustainability as quickly as possible. Otherwise we're stuck being raiders, basically, and I don't see that getting us anywhere."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2014, 11:30:15 am »

"Actually, now that I think of it, we might not even need to be self-sustainable. It's probably safe to assume that someone, somewhere has decided to travel around, trading and living off the profits. Our group is slightly too large for it to be viable, but if we start producing, say, lots of grain with these fields, more than we'll need, we can trade some for necessary supplies, such as antibiotics and ammunition. If we go with this plan, it'll take a while until the word spreads among the caravaneers, but we could become an important hub for trade and food production if we're lucky. How does that sound?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2014, 11:33:53 am »

"I think we'll be ok. I mean it'll take some hard work but we have a few good workers here and I'm sure I can cobble together whatever we need from salvage in the short term. Making inventive machines is how I became a rich man before all this and some of the others are good with wood and electronics and we even have a builder."
Caine's law.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2014, 11:36:39 am »

"Actually, now that I think of it, we might not even need to be self-sustainable. It's probably safe to assume that someone, somewhere has decided to travel around, trading and living off the profits. Our group is slightly too large for it to be viable, but if we start producing, say, lots of grain with these fields, more than we'll need, we can trade some for necessary supplies, such as antibiotics and ammunition. If we go with this plan, it'll take a while until the word spreads among the caravaneers, but we could become an important hub for trade and food production if we're lucky. How does that sound?"

"Exactamundo. Civilization's not going to build itself, after all. Well, it probably will anyway, but it'll be faster if we help things along. Let's be like the people from the Mysterious Island rather than, say, the people from Dawn of the Dead, 'kay?"

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2014, 12:05:55 pm »

"Gotta stop runnin and start rebuildin sometime. This place seems good as any."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2014, 12:46:00 pm »

While everyone else bickers and talks, Alexander just...well, broods a bit. Stares off into the distance, checking the surrounding area with his binoculars.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2014, 02:56:57 pm »

"Mind if I suggest something? If we choose to settle in this field we could always build dugouts to live in. Keep us safe and dry, and also not take up as much arable land. Also harder to spot..."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2014, 02:59:25 pm »

"And still gonna be a nightmare for us to get machinery and electric set up. Be better to find some place that already has all the wiring in place so all we need is the generator."
Caine's law.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2014, 03:02:11 pm »

"True enough. But that would also make it easier for us to be found.
What would be really nice is finding some bunker... Hey Alex, you see anything?"
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2014, 07:08:37 pm »

"Assumin' that caravans exist, wi' the stuff we need. Assumin' we can attract 'em, and that we're somma th' first settlements in th' region wi' caravans. We sh'dn't bet our eggs b'fore they hatch."

"True enough. But that would also make it easier for us to be found."
"If we 'ad more proof a' bandits and more abil'ty to set stuff up special, y'might have a point."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30