Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30

Author Topic: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 15: Preparing for the First Night  (Read 44800 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 1: Sign
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2014, 11:20:51 pm »

Kyle didn't smile as he saw the town sign. He hardly smiled at all since the snow storm that long time ago.
"We need ta find shelter soon."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2014, 02:46:50 am »

"I agree. I say we go left, the open fields are easily defensible."
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 10:40:53 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2014, 04:48:38 am »

"What do we really need to defend against? It's not exactly like there are hundreds of people out to kill us or anything. But yes, the open fields sound more desirable than alternatives. Maybe we can get some farming going in that area. Shouldn't be too difficult now that the zombies are gone."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2014, 05:02:37 am »

"No, there probably aren't any people specifically out to kill us. But there probably are people who are out to survive. And they may be desperate. Raiders. That's who we need to defend against. Sure, the chances are slim, especially if we're not staying, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be prepared."

((I haven't got to know my Dark Secret yet, by the way. Are you going to send the PMs anytime soon? Even if I happened to not get one, it would be nice to know that.))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 10:41:20 am by IcyTea31 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2014, 05:11:02 am »

"No, there probably aren't any people specifically out to kill us. But there probably are people who are out to survive. And they may be desperate. Raiders. That's who we need to defend against. Sure, the chances are slim, especially if we're not staying, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be prepared."

"Why not stay here, actually? If there's fields, this place is probably adequate for prolonged living, Arkansas or no. I wonder where all the zombie corpses are, as an aside. Maybe we can use those for something?"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2014, 05:23:40 am »

"Yes, it's good enough for living for some time, but I wouldn't stay in the first place we see. Who knows, maybe there is an even better place somewhere around here, or something so bad it ruins the whole neighbourhood. Any area will eventually run out of supplies like medical things and gasoline. We will need a plan B."
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 10:41:30 am by IcyTea31 »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2014, 06:36:20 am »

Gonna be hard to set up power and machinery in the middle of an open field. But I could probably make it work if you can find one with a big farm so the basics are already in place.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2014, 06:50:36 am »

"Them Aryan bastards might crop up as well."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2014, 06:51:59 am »

((I haven't got to know my Dark Secret yet, by the way. Are you going to send the PMs anytime soon? Even if I happened to not get one, it would be nice to know that.))

Dark Secrets will be sent after I finish all the Individual Information Tabs for each character.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2014, 06:52:40 am »

Yeah and a settlement popping up in a field is gonna stand out and be indefensible if they do.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2014, 07:17:15 am »

"I wonder if we could start some kind of doomsday cult. Get all the crazies in the area to buy into it, give them a cool excuse to raid places, make a whole temple or something. Then nobody would mess with us. We'd be the ones messing with other people."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2014, 09:05:51 am »

"Yes, it's good enough for living for some time, but I wouldn't stay in the first place we see. Who knows, maybe there is an even better place somewhere around here, or something so bad it ruins the whole neighbourhood. Any area will eventually run out of supplies like medical things and gasoline. We will need a plan B."
"All areas'll eventually run outa medicine an' gas. We can't keep scavengin' stuff like that. We'll need t'either learn to make our own...or do w'out."

"I wonder if we could start some kind of doomsday cult. Get all the crazies in the area to buy into it, give them a cool excuse to raid places, make a whole temple or something. Then nobody would mess with us. We'd be the ones messing with other people."
"...There's so many things wrong, wi' that, boy."

"Fields're good. Man cannot live by bread alone, but if you don' have bread, you're not gonna be living long regardless. Defenses...we can worry about that once we defend ourselv's against hunger."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2014, 09:16:14 am »

"...There's so many things wrong, wi' that, boy."

"There's many more, slightly more alarming things wrong with your eyesight, ole fella," Majikthise says, rubbing her temple to alleviate the mild frustration. "No offense."

"But yeah, crappy jokes aside, Bill over there is on the money. Scavenging for things is raider mentality. We have to start a community early and we have to do it decisively, because otherwise we're going to be, for lack of a better term, fucked when the expired botulism-free canned ham runs out."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2014, 09:25:58 am »

Decado chuckled quietly watching the pair talk. "I'll make him some glasses when we have time, no man should live unable to appreciate beauty such as yours."
Caine's law.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2014, 09:35:11 am »

Decado chuckled quietly watching the pair talk. "I'll make him some glasses when we have time, no man should live unable to appreciate beauty such as yours."

"Superior quality smarm right there, bud."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30