Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30

Author Topic: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 15: Preparing for the First Night  (Read 44490 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 10: Recruiting
« Reply #330 on: October 03, 2014, 10:34:08 am »

:'( :'( :'(
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 04, 2014, 12:38:20 pm »

I know it's not actually going to help, but...

:'( :'( :'(
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 09, 2014, 07:39:36 pm »

((Scapheap was active today! ohmygoditworked!))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 10.5: Scrounge-Fest
« Reply #333 on: October 12, 2014, 09:48:36 am »

Chapter 10.5: Scrounge-Fest

~Day 1~
May 5th, 2018
Time: Afternoon

Head to the dorms again.
Jason looks around for anything to make simple traps out of. Maybe some tree limbs that are still a bit springy, or something similar to set up a snare.
Continue to search for suitable throwing spear materials, or anything else that could do some damage when thrown.
Continue my search staying near the group.
See about collecting loot from the place.

Kyle heads over to the Dormitories, the double-door entrance has rusted long since. Peeking inside, he can see that the corridor stretches out both to his left and right, the carpeted floor moist and soggy. Staircases at either end of the corridor provide a way to ascend to the higher stories of the dorm. The doors to the rooms themselves are in varying conditions, some are closed and possibly locked, others are ajar or missing completely.

Jason searches for materials to make some traps out of. [Jason Perception: 2+1] Towards a standing tree he finds a collection of Small Branches to fulfill what he needs, so there's only enough of them to make one snare trap, possibly two if he's very efficient.

Big Joe searches for something that could be converted into Throwing Spears or some other form of throwing weaponry. [Big Joe Perception: 2-1] Joe picks up a big stick that looks like it could be definitely used as a Spear if it was sharpened and cleaned a bit. He swings it a few times experimentally, and it breaks off in his hand. Apparently, it turned out to be too decayed for human use. The search for a Throwing Spear has not been very fruitful for Joe.

Decado continues his search for scraps and electronics. [Decado Perception: 3] Decado searches around on the grounds for electronics, but mainly comes up with varying assortments of junk, with everything from Shards of Glass to Empty Aluminum Cans.

Charles scavenges for general loot. [Charles Perception: 4] In the midst of some plastic and metal wreckage, Charles finds a Bicycle Chain. Besides being a bit dirty, it's in perfectly fine condition, although the bike it was attached to appears to have been long gone.

It appears that nothing of value is in the current area, though perhaps the Dormitory Hall Kyle is exploring holds a few items of value hidden in the rooms.

"Well, I'll show you. But if you pass out, it's on yourself."

Start walking towards the barn.
John takes off his shirt and puts it over his nose, then, after a second of thought, puts his helmet on over that. He tries to walk into the barn.
"Seriously, be careful, man. The smell is incredibly awful in there."

Follow carefully. Gird myself for the terrible stench. Don't take my shirt off, though, that would be counterproductive. Simply put my sleeve in front of my face.

After a cordial greeting, John Smith is inducted into the group.

He rides in on his Motorcycle, which isn't his original ride but one he managed to pick up from a locked garage long after the outbreak. It's taken him all over the place, though now it's running low on fuel. Along with it is his Motorcycle Helmet, a sturdy piece of protection that saved his life when a scavenger hit him with a Lead Pipe that would have surely broke his skull if it wasn't for his trusty gear. He carries around a University Style Backpack and a Meat Cleaver both effectively lethal and terrorizing, and additionally as John had found out on surprisingly infrequent occasions, can be improvised as a thrown weapon. A recent raid on a Home Improvement Store has also netted him a Can of 50 Nails.

A masterful chef from a professional background, (A.K.A. pizza boy from a chain restaurant) John knows how to concoct nutritious, filling meals out of unwilling ingredients with his Cooking expertise. Having delivered pizza to the nastiest parts of Detroit ghettos and slums, John has managed to become a capable Driver even in tight, difficult spots, and can even Parkour on foot, a skill developed by jumping many fences and even leaping over building tops.

John, Majikthise and Alejandro all makes their way outside, back to the barn. Equipping themselves properly for the situation, John is the first to open the door to the barn.
[John Constitution: 1-1+1(Helmet)]
[Alejandro Constitution: 6-1]
[Majikthise Constitution: 5-1]

Perhaps the effect isn't so bad on Alejandro and Majikthise, who know what it's like and have properly braced it. As for John, standing in front of both of them, the scent quickly pierces through the Motorcycle Helmet's barrier. Instinctively, he slams the door shut and walks backwards, falling onto his knees, feeling terribly sick after that.

The effects of Hunger and Thirst begin to effect all the survivors.

Hunger: -1 Intelligence, -1 Endurance
Thirst: -1 Intelligence, -1 Endurance, -1 Constitution, -1 Will

These penalties stack.

Spoiler: Kyle Johnson (kj1225) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Charles (Aseaheru) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jane Stone (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Big Joe Davidson (NAV) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jason Cadwell (Beirus) (click to show/hide)

If I may ask to the party at the farm, why do you want to investigate the Death-Barn so badly? I'm not saying that there's anything good or not inside of there, there could be a locker full of preserved meat and loaded guns, or there could be nothing but livestock waste and rotting carcasses. Just curious~
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 01:51:22 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 12, 2014, 09:57:59 am »

Kyle searches for any food and non-contaminated water in the rooms. If none is to be found he goes back to get some from the communal stock.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 12, 2014, 10:14:13 am »

"Right, everyone, lunch time."
Charles starts handing out the closest-to-expired things in the icechest, giving everyone enough to stop being hungry.
  "Hey Monkey Man, you all set on food?"
Highly Opinionated Fool

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 12, 2014, 10:56:43 am »

"*cough* You know, despite the effects this *hack* should have on my appetite, I'm hungry. Maybe we should give the others a call to come here with the food."

If I may ask to the party at the farm, why do you want to investigate the Death-Barn so badly? I'm not saying that there's anything good or not inside of there, there could be a locker full of preserved meat and loaded guns, or there could be nothing but livestock waste and rotting carcasses. Just curious~
((An intrepid scavenger searches where no sane person would go looking. Such a terrible stench probably means the barn is almost untouched and thus full of phat lewt.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 12, 2014, 11:33:23 am »

Eat and drink from our supplies, stay with the group.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 12, 2014, 12:56:14 pm »

((Why am I still not in the group spoiler, TCM?))

"I ran low on food before I came down here. Thought those monkeys would be a nice way to fill my stocks up. That didn't work out too well. I'd appreciate some food and water if you'll share it."

Get food and water if the others are willing to share.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 12, 2014, 01:13:20 pm »

"Shure, grab a bite to eat."
Highly Opinionated Fool

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 12, 2014, 01:37:23 pm »

Use the radio: "Hey, we're getting hungry over here. Are you guys coming here any time soon?"

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 12, 2014, 01:40:55 pm »

(Via radio) "Havent found any food? Anyways, I thought the plan was we come back at dusk... If you want we can head back early."
Highly Opinionated Fool

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 12, 2014, 01:47:40 pm »

((At some point can we make odd shotgun rounds? I have some ideas.))

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 12, 2014, 01:49:36 pm »

"Yes please. Even though we're not going to starve in just one evening, it's prety distracting. We've also searched the farm almost entirely."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 12, 2014, 01:52:37 pm »

Can I assume you guys are taking something to both eat and drink?

((Why am I still not in the group spoiler, TCM?))

You were hiding in Majikthise's spoiler,  fixed it.

((At some point can we make odd shotgun rounds? I have some ideas.))

What you mean by odd?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30