Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30

Author Topic: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 15: Preparing for the First Night  (Read 44685 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 7: The True Horde
« Reply #255 on: August 20, 2014, 12:16:55 am »

Ready the hunting rifle, then call out to the motorist.

"'Oi! Who goes there?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 20, 2014, 04:36:49 am »

Move slightly away from Alejandro surreptitiously, and sneakily ready my gun as well.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 20, 2014, 06:11:56 am »

Draw my knife and assist with getting ride of the monkeys.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 26, 2014, 08:28:50 pm »

Bumped for the couple of people who may have missed the update.

In the meantime, some questions for feedback: how do you guys feel about dealing with a large percentage of animal hostiles in addition to hostile people, to make up for the lack of omnipresent zombies? Do you guys want more or less random encounters with people overall? Do you want the game to be more free-form or include a bit of plot-mapping to get the players in more specific encounters?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 26, 2014, 09:03:43 pm »

Sorry about the wait, couldn't think of what to say besides "follow the pack". As for hostile animals, I dont care, but more free-form please.
Go see what the one dude is up to, I guess.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 26, 2014, 11:43:49 pm »

Plot-mapping I don't mind. Encounters should be paced so that we're on our toes, but not constantly fighting by the skin of our teeth.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 27, 2014, 08:46:40 am »

Bumped for the couple of people who may have missed the update.

In the meantime, some questions for feedback: how do you guys feel about dealing with a large percentage of animal hostiles in addition to hostile people, to make up for the lack of omnipresent zombies? Do you guys want more or less random encounters with people overall? Do you want the game to be more free-form or include a bit of plot-mapping to get the players in more specific encounters?

((Animal hostiles really don't make all that much sense to me, considering the way other animals tend to keep their distance from civilization. Then again, hostility in times like these makes no sense to me at all. There's nigh-infinite unguarded resources everywhere! What are you people doing?))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 27, 2014, 09:55:23 am »

((Feral dog packs.))
Highly Opinionated Fool

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 27, 2014, 09:59:01 am »

((Feral dog packs.))

((I was going to mention those, since they're basically the only sensible example. But I can't imagine there'd be many of them left during the zombie apocalypse. After all, they'd be good for hunting, and they couldn't really live in cities too well.

That's actually an interesting question. Did zombies only eat human flesh, or was it just whatever flesh?))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 27, 2014, 10:13:56 am »

((Yes, that IS a good question... ANd where there any non-human zombies?))
Highly Opinionated Fool

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 27, 2014, 05:31:39 pm »

((If we go by World War Z zombies, which are the best explained by far, then most dogs, although not all, died protecting their masters or pack, when they bit a zombie, since zombie flesh contains Solanum.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 27, 2014, 07:22:20 pm »

((Animal hostiles really don't make all that much sense to me, considering the way other animals tend to keep their distance from civilization. Then again, hostility in times like these makes no sense to me at all. There's nigh-infinite unguarded resources everywhere! What are you people doing?))

With the ruin of civilization, there's not a lot of incentive for animals to stay away. Enough time has passed where many human-made structures have degraded and have become covered in flora, all of which attracts animals. One of the major reasons why animals would be aggressive would be the trespassing of their territories. For example:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And yes, there is quite a lot of useful resources around if you are clever enough to find and utilize it, but a lot of the precious scarcities were consumed during the Apocalypse and thus have become even more valuable as a result. Preserved food, purified water, and fuel, to name a few resources being fought over.

((Feral dog packs.))

((I was going to mention those, since they're basically the only sensible example. But I can't imagine there'd be many of them left during the zombie apocalypse. After all, they'd be good for hunting, and they couldn't really live in cities too well.

That's actually an interesting question. Did zombies only eat human flesh, or was it just whatever flesh?))

Dogs were just as susceptible to zombies as humans or any living creature. There is no special disease zombies transmit that kills people, it's the fact that zombies are composed of dead and decaying material, meaning a bite or scratch is extremely toxic. The zombie Plague would resurrect anyone who had been exposed to zombies in any close setting, even if it was a distance of several dozen meters; it's likely the Plague had a certain degree of airborne travel. Notably, humans were the only animals to be resurrected, any other animals attacked by zombies would get sick and die.

Many dogs did indeed die in the Apocalypse, but not as many of them as you would think. Because of their size and agility, even though zombies did pursue dogs as just as much as humans, the agility and size of canines made them much harder to catch for the undead. The dog population, just like the human one, has seen an increase in the last years with the disappearance of zombies.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 27, 2014, 10:32:58 pm »

((Food for thought: poodles were originally bred to be hunting dogs. They have the instincts to survive in the wild and possibly turn feral. Not every scary thing looks the part.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 8: Home Invasion
« Reply #268 on: September 02, 2014, 11:50:08 pm »

Chapter 8: Home Invasion

~Day 1~
May 5th, 2018
Time: Early Afternoon

Kyle turns to the others and silently points at the scene with a look of confusion.
Those monkeys look like food to me.

Go chase the monkeys away and collect the bodies.
Draw my knife and assist with getting ride of the monkeys.
Go see what the one dude is up to, I guess.

Kyle's only response to the situation at hand is one of confusion, in his years as a survivor, he had not formed a plan when it came to dealing with ravenous monkeys.

Decado and Big Joe arm themselves Tanto Knife and Claw Hammer respectively and confront the monkey menace.
[Decado Agility: 2-1]
Big Joe Agility: 4]
Decado chases after the monkeys, waving his Knife around, only for them to quickly surround him from various angles and heights, while Big Joe manages to chase down a few retreating ones.
[Decado Strength: 4-1
Big Joe Strength: 6+1]
Decado slashes at the monkeys, preventing them from coming too close but not managing to score a hit on any of them. Big Joe is far more successful, bashing the monkeys away with his hammer and stomping them into the ground. He eventually moves on to helping out Decado, clearing out the monkeys around him. One monkey nearly claws Decado's eyes out, but Big Joe takes the critter and throws it onto the floor before curbstomping it. While the rest of the monkeys retreat, Joe collects a good load of monkey meat, as the food container can hold. (+12 FS[Requires Cooking])

Charles ignores the monkeys to pursue the survivor man, and finds him taking cover behind a wall. He takes a skeptical look at Charles, clutching his Machete. "...Hey."

Ready the hunting rifle, then call out to the motorist.

"'Oi! Who goes there?"
Move slightly away from Alejandro surreptitiously, and sneakily ready my gun as well.

Alejandro readies his Hunting Rifle as the motorcyclist draws near. Majikthise takes this as a sign to move away from his position.
[Majikthise Stealth: 5-1]
Majikthise hugs the wall, preventing the newcomer from spotting her, at least until he got close.

"'Oi! Who goes there?" Alejandro calls out from his position as the motorcyclist draws near. The figure stops, reaching into its back pocket, "Nobody that's gonna' hurt yo." The voice that comes from under the helmet is vague but definitely masculine in tone.
[Alejandro+Majikthise Perception: [1(-1)+1]/2 = 0.5]
Alejandro and Majikthise both peer out to see what the motorist is doing, but neither of them can locate him, like he's disappeared except they know for certain he is around here somewhere, but they lack any indication of which way he could have gone. Both survivors search for him while remaining quiet and unseen, until they hear a noise from upstairs indicating that he's already made it inside without either of them seeing, probably through the rear door or a window, and has already made it above them. He's somewhere up there, doing something the two of them could only guess.

Spoiler: Kyle Johnson (kj1225) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Charles (Aseaheru) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jane Stone (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Big Joe Davidson (NAV) (click to show/hide)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 8: Home Invasion
« Reply #269 on: September 02, 2014, 11:56:29 pm »

Kyle shrugs and goes to back up Charles.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30