Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: World of Giants (Updates are walls of text!)  (Read 7318 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: World of Giants (OP is a wall of text!)
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 04:52:59 pm »

See if we can find any of our friends. Ensure their loyalty with promises of fruity goodness. Find a good location for a shelter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 04:55:16 pm »

See if we can find any of our friends. Ensure their loyalty with promises of fruity goodness. Find a good location for a shelter.
+1
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 05:04:32 pm »

Basically, it has the texture of vomit...
Wait, what? Isn't vomit...you know...fluid? Please tell me that it isn't supporting its entire weight using its exoskeleton...

Share the knowledge of the fruit with everyone. This should earn us some brownie points with everyone--certainly more than hoarding the knowledge would.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 05:29:02 pm »

Gather some people who look mentally stable, be sure to get an equal mix of guys and girls. Around 20-35 people should be good for now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2014, 05:33:50 pm »

Obviously it isn't pure liquid, but vomit certainly isn't solid. It's liquid like mud or something is.

And yeah, I can count votes. I know how democracy works.

Gather some people who look mentally stable, be sure to get an equal mix of guys and girls. Around 20-35 people should be good for now.
Works, but I'm leery of the number...how many people, total, are there?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2014, 06:34:46 pm »

GWG, can you try to be less snarky in every damn thing you say?

This seems good. Try to pick any couples that look relatively capable - they'll provide each other with extra support.

What is that blokes name, anyway?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2014, 07:44:56 pm »

What, me be snarky? What a novel concept!

Wait. Crap.
Sig

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2014, 08:04:18 pm »

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2014, 07:33:56 pm »

Is there a source of water nearby that isn't the original waterfall?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2014, 07:55:24 pm »

You take a while to look for a shelter, and find a tree that appears to have fallen over. Exactly how is a mystery, though, given how thick they are, and how large their roots seem to be.
Most factors keeping a tree up are proportional to the square of the height. The biggest factor bringing it down is proportional to the mass.

Is there a source of water nearby that isn't the original waterfall?
I'm pretty sure. The turn mentioned a lot of rivers we came across.

First order of business is getting a fire ready. Ask to see if any of these people were the outdoorsy type; have any such people begin work on a fire. Let them take any help they need from less-skilled people.
If someone other than the fire crew is familiar with gardening or farming, have one such individual plant the seeds we have. Once they're planted, this individual should mark the garden off from everything else so no one walks on it. Ideally, there would be a quasi-fence of sticks stuck in the ground or something around the garden.
Our second priority at this time to make a place where we can spend the night without freezing or being totally miserable. Some people should locate a dry hole, nook, or something sheltered by the tree if our current location is damp. They should make sure that it's big enough for everyone to sleep in without being too crowded; if it isn't, they should look for more space. Ideally, we'd have separate "chambers" for men and women, but if we don't have enough big ones, we'll make do. Next, they should gather dry leaves and such and lay piles of them over the harder parts of whatever.
Anyone left over or finished with their previous task should try to find more food. Fruit, edible-looking tubers, fish, eggs, anything edible.
Sig

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2014, 08:06:46 pm »

Before we plant the seeds, we should have the otherwise idle people search the surrounding area. I don't want to settle next to a wasp's nest of predators.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2014, 12:13:47 am »

Seeing as every large predator we've seen so far has been both alone, and hasn't quite gotten along with eachother, I doubt that there would be any large predators hanging with eachother, but exploring the surroundings is still a good idea

Also, explicitly figure out what every member of the group used to do and/or what skills they all have, so we know what we have to work with

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2014, 01:00:00 am »

They don't have to be megafauna to be dangerous. Settling next door to a pack of wolves or something would also be bad.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2014, 11:44:54 am »

Aren't wolves also megafauna? I thought basically everything bigger than a cat or so was megafauna.
Sig

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2014, 11:59:10 am »

We have water, and a nearby source of food. I think this will be a good location for a camp, at least temporarily.

See if we can make spears or bows out of anything. Ask people what they did for a living.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6