Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Nuclear War Survival Skills - Descent into anarchy  (Read 13852 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Nuclear War Survival Skills - Descent into anarchy
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2014, 06:12:37 am »

Check the basement for emergency gear, such as filter masks, food and first aid supplies.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2014, 07:01:50 am »

Grab whatever ammo his got then close his eyes (respect for the dead) go outside and start looking for survivors
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2014, 07:47:22 am »

Attempt to cover myself from the ashes using a bed
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2014, 08:43:02 am »

"Okay, so... I guess we wait, then?"

See if there are any trenchcoats around. Put one on if there are.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2014, 08:58:41 am »

If there are windows in the basement, attempt to escape through the biggest one.
If there are no sufficiently large windows in the basement, attempt to locate some large, heavy tool and knock a hole in the wall.
If that also fails, attempts to find a non-hot corner of the basement and hope the fire burns out soon.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2014, 09:37:14 am »

check who else made it to the apartment basement and what condition it is in. Check for anything left by other residents in the basement that could be helpful.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2014, 04:48:47 pm »

Try to urinate a path through the fire. Go to the food court.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2014, 08:16:45 am »

Hey guys sorry for the pause. I had a major psychotic attack yesterday and spent most of the night working on my project to calm myself.
Will post update after this energy drink!
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2014, 09:10:40 am »

This must be one hell of a big energy drink.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2014, 09:44:23 am »

Maybe a Mother of an energy drink :P ((Aussies will get this))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2014, 12:36:37 pm »

Yeah.. my computer fucked up. Sorry man! Spent most of the day fixing that shit, while chatting on IRC.. totally forgetting about this. Bullshit.

Lets go!

Black soot rains from the ash cloud covered sky. This is the time where many of the casualties will fall. The sun is hanging low behind those clouds of ashes and scorched people remains, soon to set. Anyone who gets caught in the open will face pitch blackness, winds getting colder and colder. Soon, the nuclear winter will come! Prepare yourselves, save yourselves!

Try to urinate a path through the fire. Go to the food court.
Somehow you had the bladder contents to extinguish a path throug hthe fire, the flames lick your arcade machine "armor" (rather you punched holes for arms and legs in the sides and bottom of a spare cabinet in the service room and decided to wear it) but it doesnt catch on fire, the awesome designs gets burnt off, though. You are now outside. Its raining black soot, it burns into your armor! And it burns on your exposed skin!

check who else made it to the apartment basement and what condition it is in. Check for anything left by other residents in the basement that could be helpful.

(1) You cant find anybody in the completely ruined apartment building. The basement is empty.

If there are windows in the basement, attempt to escape through the biggest one.
If there are no sufficiently large windows in the basement, attempt to locate some large, heavy tool and knock a hole in the wall.
If that also fails, attempts to find a non-hot corner of the basement and hope the fire burns out soon.

(6) You manage to escape through a window. Its dim outside, the sun is covered by black clouds, in the distance you see black precipitation, its moving away from you, luckily. Though staying outside for too long, especially when the sun is about to set, is a really really bad idea, considering you are most likely only wearing jeans and pants.

"Okay, so... I guess we wait, then?"

See if there are any trenchcoats around. Put one on if there are.

(4) You loot a trenchcoat from a man that was trampled to death in the panic like most of the other people that died down here, just your size and in a decent condition. You wear it.

Attempt to cover myself from the ashes using a bed

(6) You hide under a bed, it shields you effectively from the ashes.

Grab whatever ammo his got then close his eyes (respect for the dead) go outside and start looking for survivors

(4) You find (4) magazines full of bullets(what a prepper man!), you stuff them in your pocket, close your eyes and go outside. You are completely oblivious to the fact that you are getting bathed in radiation and this is totally not the right time at all.(Game hints free of charge)

Check the basement for emergency gear, such as filter masks, food and first aid supplies.

(5) Jackpot! You find (2) filter masks, ´(4) days worth of food and water. (3) medical kits, too. Complete with iodine tablets.

Check to see if the basement I am in is safe. Glorious workers may have made a glorious mistake while creating the glorious worker's basement

(3) The combined factors of the distance from the nearest nuclear blast and the fact that its a sturdy basement with thick outer walls will shield you from most of the deadly radiation, you might get a few IMPERIALIST skin burns, though. You have stored GLORIOUS PROLETARIAT canned foods for about 3 days.. you will need to rob food from the corpses of EVIL CAPITALISTS after those three days. Shit.

Open a can. Eat food inside. Use circular part of can as makeshift weapon.

(2) The food tastes terrible! Damn, you picked the wrong kind of canned beans! The lid is a rendered into a useless piece of scrap from the force you put into opening it. Might be useful as a shiv if you tape one end of it, though.

Get myself patched up and make my way back to that shelter I was in before.

(2) Your lack of knowlegde in treating third degree burns makes the whole process painful and agonizing, atleast you didnt break any bones. You shamble through the debris, back to the shelter. Hopefully you wont absorb a lethal dose of radiation!

Sorry guys :L
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 12:46:03 pm by Eclectic Wizard »
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2014, 12:38:19 pm »

Open a can. Eat food inside. Use circular part of can as makeshift weapon.
You appear to have forgotten my action.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2014, 12:48:52 pm »

You appear to have forgotten my action.
will post the rest of the results after this ciggie. Couldn't hold myself anymore.

Wait. Nothing else to do. Maybe move the corpses to a corner if there's no issue there.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2014, 12:54:08 pm »

Make a shiv out of the scrap thing with the tape I carry around with me everywhere.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2014, 12:59:17 pm »

Stop drop and roll.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10