Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26

Author Topic: Flailing Moshpit: The Ravencrest Chronicles  (Read 34367 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flailing Moshpit: The Ravencrest Chronicles
« Reply #240 on: May 29, 2014, 07:45:24 pm »

Bret pulls his hood up, and investigates the commotion.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 29, 2014, 09:14:35 pm »

"Ah, yes well..." Garenth replied, "The ship we were on sank in a storm some while ago.  We were lucky to have gotten to the lifeboats in time.  We've nothing but our clothes and it would be much appreciated if you could drop us off at the port."
He warily glances at the other man in the red robes and whispers to the first man, "Uhm... Mind telling us where this boat just came from?"

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 29, 2014, 09:21:11 pm »

Bret pulls his hood up, and investigates the commotion.
Arassuil does much the same thing.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 29, 2014, 09:55:36 pm »

Sorry about that comment earlier, it came out way snarkier than I meant. I get a little lost in D&D when I don't have some sort of direction.

Robin adds, "We're a little out of sorts and more than a little waterlogged, so we'd appreciate any help you could give."

I'd like to try and figure out their intentions. Do they seem friendly? Or at least not hostile?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 29, 2014, 11:26:25 pm »

"Business mostly, I'm a Paladin of Thor, so I have business under the Thunder God's name to deal with. Most of it has been in the north where I'm from and I must excuse myself for being in a rather... Underdressed appearance. I'm not one for dealing with this heat. You call it a cold front, but I myself call it a hot day. I myself am not familiar with some of the terms you're saying. Would you kindly explain to me what "taking red" is?"

((you DID mean 22 degrees Celsius, right? Cause that's Windsor right now and oh dear god is that warm...))

Keep the conversation away from my goal. If I can sneak it, attempt to detect evil. If I sense it on either one, brain them both with smite evil (association with evil makes you evil right?), ask questions later.

If I can't do that stealthily, or if I don't detect evil, attempt to find out a little more about this "taking red" and the "conjurer's school"
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 02, 2014, 02:34:39 pm »

Sorry about what I said earlier, it's my fault for sticking you guys in a rather hopeless situation to start with.
I'll see how much of a turn I can get out, but first I'll answer some questions.
@Bluerobin: You could make up stories as you go, if you'd like, otherwise I'll just slowly fill in gaps in the story as I go along, either way, really.
@Highmax: I meant the temperate in Farenhight, which means that's pretty cold, by human standards. Also, paladins in my games detect evil as a passive, they actually view the world differenty than other people, much like how wizards can see octarine in the Discworld books. There's no check for it, and you'll be plainly informed when you do see it.

Ok, it turns out I don't have time for a turn after all.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 02, 2014, 02:40:52 pm »

Sorry about what I said earlier, it's my fault for sticking you guys in a rather hopeless situation to start with.
I'll see how much of a turn I can get out, but first I'll answer some questions.
@Bluerobin: You could make up stories as you go, if you'd like, otherwise I'll just slowly fill in gaps in the story as I go along, either way, really.
@Highmax: I meant the temperate in Farenhight, which means that's pretty cold, by human standards. Also, paladins in my games detect evil as a passive, they actually view the world differenty than other people, much like how wizards can see octarine in the Discworld books. There's no check for it, and you'll be plainly informed when you do see it.

Ok, it turns out I don't have time for a turn after all.
Carry on then without bashing them. And if this guy is like me, then I'm still perfectly fine temperature-wise, but it won't be as warm as I thought it would be. 

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 05, 2014, 04:56:43 pm »

Ok, let's see about that turn, now.

Spencer

"Oh, I just mean that our school robes are colored red, so the evokers had to settle on green. You say you're a paladin? If that's the case, why aren't you talking to the holy boys over there?" William aims his thumb over at the table, and the elf facepalms.
"Will."
"Oh right, holy boy and girl."
"Damn it, Will, we're supposed to be undercover, you idiot!"
The dwarf ignores this and stands up to face you, his voice is grating, and almost painful to listen to.
"Thor, you say? Is that the northern term for Zeus? I am unfamiliar with the dialect."
He holds out his hand to you, and smiles. "What is your name, comrade?"

Arassuil and Bret

The pair wander into a large, open area that seems to be a marketplace of... sorts.
There are many large stands with people shouting out various slogans, attempting to shout louder than everyone else.
Bret notices that many of the stands are of religious groups, seemingly attempting to proselytize over the commotion, and there are many different groups, each preaching their own texts.
There seem to be stands for everything. Groups of mages advertising their schools, and selling various artifacts, nondescript merchants selling varied wares, and shadowy figures weaving between people and generally bumping into as many pedestrians as possible.
A balding man walks up to the Arassuil and looks him dead in the eyes.
"Have you seen the truth, my child? It is written on the walls of the soul. Have you heard them?"

Joe

[Strength Check: 1+5]
Joe pulls on the other shackle, but the pain gets to him, and he can't dislodge it!

[Attack: 9+1 vs. Flatfooted (bound) AC 10]
The jerk lets loose another bolt, dealing another [2] damage! [18 remaining]

Robin and Garenth

[Robin: Sense Motive: 3+2]
You can't find any fault with them.
"The port? Oh, well, we'd rather make shore over in the Tides district, we've a friend of sorts down there. The Harbor's just cramped this time of the month, you understand. We came from the Southern shores, and we've just been coasting up to here."
You hear some loud banging from under the deck.
"...I'll think I'll go have a check on my, um, engineer down there. See how that repair is coming along. Just a minor leak, nothing to worry about."
The large man heads back to a door that must lead to the lower deck, and the other two continue as they were.
The chewing man speaks up. "Not much longer, I 'sure you."
The Derail Thread

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 05, 2014, 05:02:25 pm »

Try again!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 05, 2014, 05:04:15 pm »

Well, I want to color spray and chill touch them all, but Robin seems perfectly ok in the situation, so... is there any sort of weirdness with magic? Will Robin be looked at strangely if he starts casting Message or Mage Armor? If it's a relatively normal thing to do, he'll cast Message on Garenth and himself in case that leak causes things to get hectic and then Mage Armor on himself because he feels a bit naked without it. Then he'll find a nice place to sit to stay out of people's way.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 05, 2014, 07:40:17 pm »

((Yes!))

Arassuil looks the man straight back in the eyes, and boldly states: "Indeed I have. However, I doubt that you have. But few men alive today know of the One, or the Fourteen. And I personally know the ones that do. The "truth" you speak of I highly doubt is truth at all. You may continue believing it, and I care not. But as for myself, I know the truth.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 05, 2014, 08:31:58 pm »

"Thor is the God of Thunder and War in my lands. Mjollnir is his hammer that uses to pound his anvil and to hunt Jotun; the giants. If this is what Zeus does and is, then yes, we follow the same god but under a different name.

Shake his hand

"They are of the same dominion but different pantheon, but it is an honor to meet a fellow man, or dwarf, of faith. I'm known as Sir Spencer but you may call me just Spencer. After all, I'm in your lands."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 06, 2014, 01:05:02 am »

Bret glares at the preachers from under his hood. Religion should not be hawked on street corners like fresh fish. Neverless, they seem to think it works.
Watch the preachers.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 12, 2014, 05:52:58 pm »

(At library! Trying to update!)

Spencer

The dwarf smiles at your last words. "Ha! My lands are to the West, for I-"
"Here he goes."
"-Am known as Bazaad Bomrekovich Axe-Hewer Satyrfleet the fourteenth, Earl of Fathalath, and 83rd in line to the throne of Uristograd!"
"I thought it was 84th?"
"Mosus died last week. And this-" He points to the Elf. "Is my companion Frel."
"Frel Arrowwight. Wight like a ghost, we get confused with the Arrowwhites a lot."

[Knowledge:Nobility: 13+5]
You actually have more recent information than him, he's actually 82nd in line, since Urist the 53th of AncientBrew died two days before your journey, ironically of alcohol poisoning.

Arassuil and Bret

"No, my child. That which believe to be the truth is but deception which has been draped over your eyes. You must see beyond them, for the coming of the Bronze Halos, and their kind shall return soon."
Bret notices that some more bald-headed people are starting to come up slowly from behind. They have an almost vacant look in their eyes, and it's very unsettling.

Joe

[Strength Check: 19+5]
You rip the manacle off the wall, and tear the gag out of your mouth, and froth at the man as he staggers back.
Suddenly another man walks down and grabs him. "Wizards. Two of them, you know what to do, I've got this one."
Your torturer turns and flees up the stairs, and the other, larger man, raises his fist defiantly.
"I've heard tales of the Orcish strength. Let's put this to the test, shall we?"

Robin and Garenth

Robin moves his hands and speaks the words for a Message spell, and watches their reactions. The red person doesn't even look over, but the other one seems a bit taken aback, but doesn't do anything else.
Another person come through the door, holding a small crossbow.
"Excuse me, but would either of you mages happen to be an evoker?"
The Derail Thread

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 12, 2014, 05:53:34 pm »

What's he look like?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26