Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: One Day Mafia: Mafia Win!  (Read 10326 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: One Day Mafia: Day 1
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2014, 01:01:37 am »

The day has started! Majority required to lynch, no hammer. In 72 hours, the lynch will occur.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2014, 04:32:14 am »

Hmm, 4.5 hours in and no posts yet, let's hope that's just a timezone thing: it's 10.30 AM here and I'm ready to hunt scum.

First off, we need to hear from everyone. If players lurk then the scum can waltz on to victory. Make sure that if you elect one of your number to vote, they should be someone who can be around at the end of the day.

Group 1 ~ do you have any special insight as to how we can possibly win this?

Group 2 ~ which team do you foresee being hardest to read?

Group 3 ~ do you think random votes will be helpful at the beginning of this game?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2014, 04:35:53 am »

I don't believe so, no.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2014, 08:10:32 am »

Hmm, 4.5 hours in and no posts yet, let's hope that's just a timezone thing: it's 10.30 AM here and I'm ready to hunt scum.
The game started at about 2 am for me. It is now 9.

I'd say, for me, group three because I've had the least experience with the people in it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2014, 08:24:13 am »

Group 1 ~ do you have any special insight as to how we can possibly win this?

Not really. We need to scumhunt as much as possible.

Group 2:: What differences in town and scum play do you think will happen here?

Group 3: What team would be the worst for us if they were scum?

Group 4: How do you think scum will try to lead mislynches?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2014, 09:04:52 am »

Group 3 ~ do you think random votes will be helpful at the beginning of this game?

No more useful than it would be in any other game. As in not at all, a waste of time, and counter productive. What did you really plan to accomplish by randomly voting? At best it is a minor annoyance for any competent player, ESPECIALLY when you announce it as such. You may as well have simply put the text in pink for all the good it will do...

Group 3: What team would be the worst for us if they were scum?

Hm... I'm not truly familiar with any of the groups. A lot of these names are entirely new to me. However I am wary of Team 2 as I know the majority of the team to be competent in all mafia things I have seen them in.

I have a suggestion, if I may, as to one way you guys can 'vote' without actually placing the vote of all three of your teams [as each team recieves a single vote]. Instead of putting it in Red, how about you put it in blue or pink or something? After all, we don't want any scum getting any clever ideas because somebody decided to pressure vote someone without the consent of their team yes?

That being said:

TEAM 1 Consisting of Whitius Opus, The Dark Star, and Fnff

The game has just started, I understand this, and only one of you has posted. Do you believe that TDS' questions are adequate or do you believe that they are useless to town in finding the scum?

TEAM 1: Of the players currently in the game who do you think will be the biggest threat to you if they were on the opposing team and who do you think will be the most helpful to you even if they are on a different team, but still allied with you?

Team 2 consisting of Mastah, MOWE, and 4mask

I've seen all of you around. Yet in this game I don't have much to go on I'm afraid. So I will ask you the same question I asked team one.

TEAM 2: Of the players currently in the game who do you think will be the biggest threat to you if they were on the opposing team and who do you think will be the most helpful to you even if they are on a different team, but still allied with you?

Team 3

You certainly have a handsome leader. You should tell him just how handsome he truly is. All the time.

Team 4 Consisting of TN, NQT, and Kop.

I would like to analyze the questions that NQT put up as those are my only current window into your team psyche.

The insight question, as well as the random vote question, don't seem to be very useful and are far too vague. Anyways, the Hardest to read question is an interesting one to say the least. For now though I shall not bring up why.

TEAM 4: Which of the teams would you most like to know is CONFIRMED TOWN? Which team would it matter least to be confirmed town?

Remember everyone, this game is short so please try to post adequately.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2014, 09:15:59 am »

Quote from: Nerjin
You certainly have a handsome leader. You should tell him just how handsome he truly is. All the time.
I don't remember being elected as leader, but whatever.
Anyway, like I said, I'm new to these things. I do know that random voting is completely pointless, and their is a 75% chance of picking a town team via that method, though. To reply to DarkStat, since I can't be bothered to shorten down his quote, I, like Nerjin, am seeing quite a few new names, him included. That means I don't really know, by the way.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2014, 09:17:51 am »

Heyo everyone.  Just woke up.  Sorry about the delay.

Team One: Your team consists of some newer players and TDS.  How will this affect your gameplay and group work?

Team Two: Heyo buddies!

Team Three: LOL I was about to lynch vote you for having extra information before I checked the OP and realized the team lists were there.  Anyway, hi.  Same question as team one: with one veteran and two new players, how will this affect your playstyle?

Team Four: Heyo guys.  I guess I'll ask the same question, since you have a new player.  How will that affect your play?

Quote from: Nerjin
I don't remember being elected as leader, but whatever.
Anyway, like I said, I'm new to these things. I do know that random voting is completely pointless, and their is a 75% chance of picking a town team via that method, though. To reply to DarkStat, since I can't be bothered to shorten down his quote, I, like Nerjin, am seeing quite a few new names, him included. That means I don't really know, by the way.
Welcome aboard, Blitz.  Do you have any questions for us.  Also, you can argue over leadership on your personal quicktopic.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2014, 09:20:53 am »

That was meant as a joke, more than anything.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2014, 09:30:18 am »

TEAM 1 Consisting of Whitius Opus, The Dark Star, and Fnff

The game has just started, I understand this, and only one of you has posted. Do you believe that TDS' questions are adequate or do you believe that they are useless to town in finding the scum?

TEAM 1: Of the players currently in the game who do you think will be the biggest threat to you if they were on the opposing team and who do you think will be the most helpful to you even if they are on a different team, but still allied with you?
I do believe his questions were adequate. It always helps to establish a base first, and those questions were pretty good in any regard.

I don't know anyone enough to really say who amongst us would be worst or best for me, but I can guess MOWE, if only because he was mafia in the last game I played. That's about it.

group 2: What is your tactic for finding out which group is scum?

group 3: Which amongst you do you believe is the most experienced?

group 4: Do you think that NQT will lead your team's scumhunting?
I think my own, actually. Since we consist of a few relatively new players, it's gonna fluctuate most likely on reads towards us.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2014, 09:33:05 am »

I believe that, amongst our team, Nerjin is the most experienced, if only because he seems to be the only one on the team with knowledge on how to do things here.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2014, 10:27:01 am »

TDS:
Group 2:: What differences in town and scum play do you think will happen here?
I think town would be a bit more focused and efficient with three voices to one vote, eliminating some errors made by single voters (i.e. misreading something). Scum will probably be able to blend in better also because there are three voices beind one vote, stamping out the scumminess behind the vote.

Nerjin:
Team 2 consisting of Mastah, MOWE, and 4mask

I've seen all of you around. Yet in this game I don't have much to go on I'm afraid. So I will ask you the same question I asked team one.

TEAM 2: Of the players currently in the game who do you think will be the biggest threat to you if they were on the opposing team and who do you think will be the most helpful to you even if they are on a different team, but still allied with you?
I think that you would be most dangerous scum because you're experienced and I've only played a game with you once. I'd have to say NQT would be a very helpful townie because of his method of scumhunting that I've seen before.

Opus:
I'm a girl. Please stop calling me "he." It's awkward and confusing for me.

group 2: What is your tactic for finding out which group is scum?
Well I think the usual scumhunting tactics are in order. Ask questions, watch everyone closely, find scummy things about them... Although it'd be a bit more complicated because an entire group is scum, so while one member might be extremely scummy, others might seem like town.

Group 1: Do you feel that the diversity of playstyles and experience of members within a group will hinder scumhunting? Why or why not?
Group 3: Do you think pressure votes will be effective in this game? Why or why not?
Group 4: Do you think that voting as a group is better than voting individually in a normal game? Why or why not?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr (PARTIALLY NSFW)
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2014, 12:16:50 pm »

In order:

Group 4: How do you think scum will try to lead mislynches?
TN of Group 4: Either by sitting back and playing a watch-and-wait or by being super aggressive in getting a lynch.

TEAM 4: Which of the teams would you most like to know is CONFIRMED TOWN? Which team would it matter least to be confirmed town?
TN of Group 4: I don't know anyone personally, but I'd like to know for sure about Team/Group 1.  It would matter because the chance of choosing correctly would jump from 33% to 50%, a notable increase.

Team Four: Heyo guys.  I guess I'll ask the same question, since you have a new player.  How will that affect your play?
TN of Group 4: Speaking as the likely new player, it should affect the game too much, since I can rely on my groupmates to help cover me.  This is a glorified one day hydra game, after all.

group 4: Do you think that NQT will lead your team's scumhunting?
TN from Group 4: If you guys seem to think of him as a good scumhunter while having history with him, then I don't have any trouble putting my faith in him.

Group 4: Do you think that voting as a group is better than voting individually in a normal game? Why or why not?
TN from Group 4: Voting as a group in a regular game makes all players involved subject to a rather strong form of confirmation bias, and I feel that negatively impacts the game.

I have a couple of questions

Group 1: I would like to see more members of your group post.
Group 2: Why are you worrying about pressure votes in a game of such short length?
Groups 1 & 3: How do you feel the changes to normal voting rules will affect this game?

I intend to use this format for anything that is group-addressed for the rest of the game.  The "TN from Group 4" is an indicator that I'm answering a question to the group.
[21:23:48] <GhostFrog> bdsm is always more fun with a restraining order
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.

Mafia Dossier: MafiaScum Wiki - tn5421

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2014, 12:32:53 pm »

Group 2: Why are you worrying about pressure votes in a game of such short length?
I, MOWE, asked this question for 2 reasons.
1. People seem to be voting each other without real reason, which seems like pressure/random votes.
2. I'm very bad at asking questions and it seemed like it fits because of reason number one.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2014, 01:42:25 pm »

To respond to your question, tn, this my first time playing Mafia. Therefore, I have no goddamn clue.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7