Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia Sprint: College of Cardinals (D2)  (Read 41084 times)

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr (PARTIALLY NSFW)
Re: Beginner's Mafia Sprint: College of Cardinals (D2)
« Reply #210 on: May 14, 2014, 11:39:54 pm »

I play like that as town, too.  When I'm not being super aggressive (as town)
[21:23:48] <GhostFrog> bdsm is always more fun with a restraining order
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.

Mafia Dossier: MafiaScum Wiki - tn5421

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 14, 2014, 11:41:36 pm »

I sort of claimed cop toward the end. With so many hiccups, I was worried that my claim wouldn't do much. Also, what was the actual, final vote? And what did we need to lynch? I thought it was majority of votes...

Sorry, a bit confused overall. Did I just not post in time?

It doesn't seem like you posted in time.  Your vote off of me happened before the DL.  Your vote returning to me the second time did not.

Actually, don't just have the glossary in the OP.  Have the entire Resources section of the BM OP in the BM Sprint OP.

The lack of that was one of the major reasons why this sprint went so poorly.

????

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 14, 2014, 11:53:34 pm »

Actually, don't just have the glossary in the OP.  Have the entire Resources section of the BM OP in the BM Sprint OP.

????
That was an addition to my advice for running future BM Sprint games.  Normal BMs have a "Resources and Guides" section in their OPs.  Said section includes a glossary of common terms used in Mafia, guides on scumhunting, links to more helpful resources, and such.  Terminology issues popped up quite often throughout the game (GreatWyrmGold, in particular, did not know the terminology and spent much of the game confused by it), and the rest of the information would have likely been helpful.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 15, 2014, 12:25:34 am »

Bah. I knew tn5421 was being weird. I should've changed my vote at the end.

I really did think GWG was scum, though. Huh.

Tawochir I had no read on because he didn't do anything ever. Then again, my only scumgame so far was pretty lurky, but at least I tried to pretend I was active (also, I was pretty busy). Tawochir, if you ever play again, at least pretend to be active. Doing nothing for the entire game is unbelievably irritating and will probably get you lynched if it's not LYLO.

I was pretty suspicious of Scripten initially, though slightly less so towards the end. I still considered him to be a possible scum, though. When he did the weird stuff at the end, I thought he was trying to tie the vote or something, so I didn't play along. Oops.

????
That was an addition to my advice for running future BM Sprint games.  Normal BMs have a "Resources and Guides" section in their OPs.  Said section includes a glossary of common terms used in Mafia, guides on scumhunting, links to more helpful resources, and such.  Terminology issues popped up quite often throughout the game (GreatWyrmGold, in particular, did not know the terminology and spent much of the game confused by it), and the rest of the information would have likely been helpful.
This seems like it might be a good idea.

Also, does anyone else feel that Sprint games are slightly biased towards the mafia? It might be a bit too early to tell (only two games, and this one had major inactivity problems), but I think town needs a slight boost.

@Elephant: The thing about you being condescending was bullshit, but everything else was mostly the truth unless it talked about scumreads.
I was wondering about that. What was that meant to accomplish, anyway? It seemed like a random attack, and you didn't follow it up with anything.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 15, 2014, 12:54:54 am »

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 15, 2014, 06:45:34 am »

Elephant Parade, sometimes a comet is just a comet.

Also, I totally agree with you that it favors scum.

Personally I think the BM sprint format needs a D1 that's 24 hours longer instead of a 24 hour N0 beforehand. I also think that the beginner experience levels should be more spread out.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 15, 2014, 08:24:49 am »

Seems to be a common enough opinion. The other Mafia game I'm in, I again avoided being scum but people think I am.

Also, does anyone else feel that Sprint games are slightly biased towards the mafia? It might be a bit too early to tell (only two games, and this one had major inactivity problems), but I think town needs a slight boost.
Well, we could do a study. Might require a pretty big sample size, though...
What's the big difference between normal and "sprint" games, anyways?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 15, 2014, 08:48:25 am »

Sprint Mafia are a lot faster than normal Mafia is.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 15, 2014, 09:30:05 am »

Seems to be a common enough opinion. The other Mafia game I'm in, I again avoided being scum but people think I am.
You do not talk about ongoing games in other threads.
Please think about this before posting.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 15, 2014, 09:38:43 am »

My thoughts?

"If anyone's reading this thread in that game, and they thought I was scum, they'd figure I was just lying anyways."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 15, 2014, 10:24:08 am »

Sprint mafia is scum sided insofar as there's less players and so fewer days to form opinions. It being quicker means we can introduce more players to mafia at a quicker pace than normal. Sometimes players have to wait a month for a BM to start.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 15, 2014, 11:54:56 am »

My thoughts?

"If anyone's reading this thread in that game, and they thought I was scum, they'd figure I was just lying anyways."

It doesn't matter.  Never talk about a mafia game outside of the game until it is completed.  Because it ruins games.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 15, 2014, 07:42:16 pm »

How?
Sig

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 15, 2014, 07:55:09 pm »

How?
Like most things in Mafia, it depends. I don't think you were revealing too much information, but its a nicety to not talk about another game while its still in progress outside the game thread itself.
Sigtext

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 15, 2014, 08:02:20 pm »

How?
It rarely outright ruins games without the release of action-related information, but it can easily cause quite a bit of damage.
*If the poster is a participant in the game: it spreads game content out between multiple threads, it can be a way to get around the no night talking rule (like here), and it often (like here) weakens the divide between out-of-game behaviour (where there is an expectation of honesty) and in-game behaviour (where there is not).
*If the poster is not a participant in the game: Player actions can be influenced by the comments of a relatively unbiased, clearly non-scum observer more easily than by players who may be scum.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18