Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia Sprint: College of Cardinals (D2)  (Read 41139 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia Sprint: College of Cardinals (D2)
« Reply #180 on: May 14, 2014, 05:17:04 pm »

11:00 PM EST or less than 5 hours from now.
Oh.

Perseus: GWG's odd thread-checking methods (he looks at individual subforums, not the New Replies list) mean that he may not remember this thread until the day is over. Could you send him a bump? Unless a certain amount of time needs to pass or whatever.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 14, 2014, 05:38:05 pm »

I've been told that going after lurkers is a scumtell...
In my (limited) experience, damn near anything can be construed as a scumtell, short of having the GM inform everyone of what you are (and that only happens when you're too dead to care). Don't sweat it.

GreatWyrmGold: I don't think you're scum, but like Elephant Parade said earlier, this could also be a desperate gambit to escape suspicion. I really doubt it, though, so hopefully we can get you replaced with someone who's interested in playing. I'll be able to give reads on them if we end up having enough time to let them post first.
If I was scum, I'd probably be less likely to suicide, neh?

Also, GWG's posts just seem off. Like, really off. I have never seen GWG use words like that. Never. it just seems like a badly faked post.
Like what?

If this seriously isn't a gambit, please request replacement.
We could try that, too.

Also, this has been a pretty awful game, in all honesty. I've played two games before this, and both of those were better. I recommend you stick around for another BM.
Suggestion noted.

I still think he would normally play through to the end, though.
Aye.

Perseus: GWG's odd thread-checking methods (he looks at individual subforums, not the New Replies list) mean that he may not remember this thread until the day is over. Could you send him a bump? Unless a certain amount of time needs to pass or whatever.
I try to check Mafia fairly frequently, just in case.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 14, 2014, 08:11:46 pm »

If this seriously isn't a gambit, please request replacement.
We could try that, too.
The code for that is:
Code: [Select]
[b]Request Replacement; [color=red]Unvote[/color][/b]With the latter part being more of a gesture of respect than not, but usually and normally done because replacements are assumed to be [nope not in game] in and only unless there is another replacement in the queue already.

If there is no queue or anyone else in the replacement list, you are still playing even if you requested a replacement until there would be found someone willing to take up your slot.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 14, 2014, 09:03:20 pm »

I have contacted people on the replacement list to replace GWG. If they are interested, day will be extended by 24 hours. Otherwise, I'm going to let it end.

Day ends in 1 hour.

Votecount:
1. Elephant Parade {1}- GWG
2. Tawarochir {1}- Scripten
3. GreatWyrmGold {1}- Elephant Parade
4. Scriptin {0}-
5. tn5421 {0}-
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 14, 2014, 09:23:45 pm »

Alright, with the day ending in one hour, I'm going to switch my vote to where I know it will keep us playing.

Unvote

Vote tn5421

I know you're mafia, even if I haven't figured out who your partner is yet. I know I'll be mafia killed tonight because of my knowledge. Hopefully Elephant Parade is town, because as of right now, he's the only other active, willing participant and I would love to see town win.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 14, 2014, 09:25:12 pm »

Alright, with the day ending in one hour, I'm going to switch my vote to where I know it will keep us playing.

Unvote

Vote tn5421

I know you're mafia, even if I haven't figured out who your partner is yet. I know I'll be mafia killed tonight because of my knowledge. Hopefully Elephant Parade is town, because as of right now, he's the only other active, willing participant and I would love to see town win.
...?

This will result in a tie. A tie means that town loses.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 14, 2014, 09:30:06 pm »

A mislynch means town loses, too. We need to lynch mafia. tn5421 is the only scum I'm 100% sure of, so lynching him is the only option guaranteed to keep us from losing at the end of the day.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 14, 2014, 09:57:07 pm »

Well, darn.

It was a good show, guys, but it looks like this is the end.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 14, 2014, 10:01:45 pm »

I'd have posted here earlier if I could. My main advice is DON'T CAUSE A TIE IN LYLO! Anything is better than that, since it means you lose for sure. Even if you're not sure, a lynch is better than no lynch.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 14, 2014, 10:02:56 pm »

And yes, this is an invitation to switch your votes. Go town (and good job scum, by the way)!
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 14, 2014, 10:05:22 pm »

I thought time had run out, but if I have a chance to switch, here goes. In light of what TDS said, I'll make the final call with this:

Unvote

Vote GreatWyrmGold

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 14, 2014, 10:13:58 pm »

I'd have posted here earlier if I could. My main advice is DON'T CAUSE A TIE IN LYLO! Anything is better than that, since it means you lose for sure. Even if you're not sure, a lynch is better than no lynch.
What the heck does LYLO mean, anyways?

Frak it. I'll assume Scripten was somehow made aware of who the demons are.

Unvote whoever I voted for.
Vote tn5421.

Think that I'm a mafia all you like. I don't really care. You might have gathered this.
I wasn't online for a few hours. So sue me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 14, 2014, 10:16:38 pm »

Gorramit. This is turning into a circus. Lylo means lynch or lose. I'm voting for you because it would have broken a tie. Since you've voted for tn5421, I'm going to vote him now because I know he's mafia. Grawr. -_- I'm so dying tonight, but at least we have a lynch!

Unvote GreatWyrmGold

Vote tn5421

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 14, 2014, 10:17:33 pm »

Day ended at this post:
Well, darn.

It was a good show, guys, but it looks like this is the end.

As the day comes to an end, the cardinals are bitterly divided over who to lynch. Then suddenly, Tawarochir summons a dark, smoky knife, and begins stabbing Scripten with it. Elephant Parade rushes to the door, but is intercepted by Tn5421, who ties him and drags him to the center of the room. GWG looks around terrified, when suddenly the corpses of Darkpaladin and TheDarkStar appear out of a closet door and pin him to a wall. Tawarochir pulls the carpet on the floor aside, revealing a marked pentagram in purple. Tawarochir begins a chant, summoning Satan into the world to possess Elephant Parade and be the next pope. When the ceremony is done, and GWG is killed and disposed of, Tawarochir, Tn5421, and the Devil Pope walk out on the balcony to declare a new pope for a new age.

But one man discovered these proceedings, and spread the word, nailing his message to church doors. He began a great war to stop the Devil. He was Martin Luther, Demon Slayer.

Mafia win.

My thoughts on this game will come later. Main takeaway.
Better/more ICs were needed.
Activity for a BM Sprint needs to be high
If you get an inspect on someone and they are Mafia and its LYLO, claim immediately.

Deadchat
Scumchat
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 10:34:47 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 14, 2014, 10:19:45 pm »

DAMN. I KNEW IT.

Well, I guess this is knowledge for the next game. Good show, everyone!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18