Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1070 times)

SirBunnyEater

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Hello!
« on: May 01, 2014, 09:52:06 pm »

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the community. Been playing DF for about 2 weeks now. I'm having lots of fun. Just wanted to say that playing while having the "Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug" soundtrack play in the background is just about the best thing ever. :D

magnum2016

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 10:46:42 pm »

I have been craving to build the lonely mountain but i am not prepared to do such a task :P

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 01:29:32 am »

"Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug" soundtrack play in the background is just about the best thing ever. :D

Misty Mountains Cold from the first Hobbit is also unbelievably suitable.

Considering, the contents of the song is pretty much your average day in Dorf Fort

Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 02:41:01 am »

May dwarves always be drunk, and your enemies bleeding.  :D

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 04:19:57 am »

Or your dwarves bleeding. However you like it the most. I personally find a sadistic amount of glee in having a dwarf with something missing that doesn't effect their day-to-day work or basic combat. Like an ear, or a nose. Or a grotesque scar across one side of the face, that's my favourite.

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 06:01:29 am »

Or your dwarves bleeding. However you like it the most. I personally find a sadistic amount of glee in having a dwarf with something missing that doesn't effect their day-to-day work or basic combat. Like an ear, or a nose. Or a grotesque scar across one side of the face, that's my favourite.

I promise that didn't seem quite as demented when I was typing it.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 06:59:00 am »

I have been craving to build the lonely mountain but i am not prepared to do such a task :P
well such a large stack of ☼Finished Goods☼ would be a challenge.  Getting a dragon in there honestly seems like the easy part.

*mods in arkenstone*
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 08:24:22 am »

I see the Arkenstone as an artifact large gem...  Every time I get one I create a custom spot for it right in front of either the throne of the governing noble, or the temple of the main deity of the fort  :)
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

randyshipp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 10:30:13 am »

Does Masterwork DF have a pedestal or display case or something you can build to show off useless artifacts and let everyone get happy thoughts walking past them?  I seem to remember something like that but haven't seen it in a long time.
Randy...